Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oddball-16 Tileset  (Read 16700 times)

HexaBlu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! I'm Hexa :D
    • View Profile
Oddball-16 Tileset
« on: July 05, 2021, 08:49:48 pm »

Oddball-16:

16x16:

32x32:

About:
A silly and whimsical 16x16 tileset focused on unique graphics. I created this tileset completely from scratch to practice pixelart with a 7-color greyscale ramp. the font is modeled off of my handwriting, yeah its lovely i know lol
I always wanted to figure out how to play that dwarf fortress game, and I also always wanted to make a rougelike tileset ...The rest is history! A couple of the sprites are repurposed from my game "Fatem.019"
Oddball-16's Tileset Repository Page

Download:
You can grab the images from the forum page itself, but I also made a github page.
There you will find Instructions on how to use, and archives of older versions.

License:
These tilesets are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. So feel free to use and edit them however you like, but please make sure to credit "HexaBlu" somewhere if you do!

Screenshots:
Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)

Notes:
At the time of creating this, i'm very new to the game, i'd love to see peoples screenshots with the tileset! I'm interested to see how it looks with different colors and such  :)
And apologies if I set anything up wrong, this has actually been my first experience making a DF tileset, using github and this using type of fourm.

V1 - published

V2 - changed gem to be brighter, swapped out fire back to 1/2 symbol incase its used in a later update.

V3 - Minor tweaks, Main Focus was fixing barrels and Channel designation so they are no longer inverted.

V4 - MEGA UPDATE!!! added tree branches/dirt path multipurpose sprite, added floor tiles, made lots of graphical changes to make it easier to understand what certain tiles are.

V5 - small update, changed "=" tile to this cool vine pattern I made, it looks interesting for stockpiles and certain types of stone. also changed the "Φ" into a pot.

V6 - dwarves now have beards, stockpiles and mechanisms have been given an overhaul, small tweaks to elf and clay pot

V7 - updated trees, boulders and foliage to match the new trees from my game FATEM.019, other minor changes and tweaks.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 01:44:18 pm by HexaBlu »

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oddball-16 Tileset
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 10:08:58 am »

I love it. It has a Binding of Isaac vibe, or maybe it's just me

HexaBlu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 01:33:28 pm »

I love it. It has a Binding of Isaac vibe, or maybe it's just me

Thank you, It means a lot to me!

I never thought about it like that but now that you've said it I can definitely see it haha. I haven't played the game myself, but one of the pixel artists that has been a major inspiration to me is actually one of the artists for binding of Isaac repentance. so maybe that's where I picked up the vibe from :P
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 01:38:53 pm by HexaBlu »

Nopal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 09:09:17 pm »

your set is very original and sick. good job

HexaBlu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 12:32:32 pm »

your set is very original and sick. good job

Thanks! I really appreciate it :D

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 01:03:24 pm »

Hey, you wouldn't happen to be the same Hexa I modded in those riding lawnmowers for, would you?

In any case, welcome to the forum!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

HexaBlu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 01:54:13 pm »

Hey, you wouldn't happen to be the same Hexa I modded in those riding lawnmowers for, would you?

In any case, welcome to the forum!

I'm afraid not, sorry
but thank you for the warm welcome!

As someone new to the community & game I haven't actually looked into mods outside of graphical stuff yet.
without having much context, If the first modded thing I learn about is a riding Lawnmower, I have a feeling the modding scene here must be pretty darn creative haha
you've thoroughly intrigued me, I definitely gotta check out the mod releases board.

I wish you luck in finding the hexa you are looking for!  :P

HexaBlu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 08:55:35 pm »

Updated to version v3, Barrels now are fixed, and there's a cool new channel designation icon! Enjoy! :D

HexaBlu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2021, 03:33:33 pm »

Update V4!
I'm really happy with how a lot of these new tiles are looking, especially the tree branches.
I hope you enjoy!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2021, 09:22:14 pm »

That's really cool :) Love the trees and grass.

Seems like a little error snuck in at the walls though, the 3-way and 4-way sections seem to use corners instead.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2021, 12:58:12 am »

Seems like a little error snuck in at the walls though, the 3-way and 4-way sections seem to use corners instead.
I think that's an adventurer mode thing with the field of view code showing the walls as they are/were seen without the context of what's not seen. It also happens with the default ASCII tileset.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 01:02:49 am by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

HexaBlu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2021, 06:47:27 pm »

That's really cool :) Love the trees and grass.

I'm glad you like it! :)

like Ziusudra said, I'm pretty sure its just an adventure mode thing. I ended up taking screenshots of forts in adventure mode because I'm still learning regular dwarf fortress, and I haven't made a cool fort to showcase screenshots of yet.

I threw some walls down in a dwarf fortress mode world, seems to work fine over there.

Iklistkel

• Bay Watcher
  • Give-me a dam pint of wine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2021, 01:30:17 pm »

looks like a crazy bizarre world. I love it
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 10:49:20 am by Iklistkel »
Iklistkel is just a crazy head made nickname.
Call me Balin ... and give me here that pint, let me full it up of
mushroom wine.

HexaBlu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2021, 08:59:33 pm »

New update version v5 out! added a new funky stockpile/stone-types texture and texture for large pots/various bulbous plants

HexaBlu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2022, 05:11:48 pm »

New tileset update! Hi there, its been a while- hope yall are doing well o/

Here is a preview of update v6!

Pages: [1] 2