Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153]

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 91069 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality
« Reply #2280 on: January 26, 2022, 09:24:22 pm »

I don't think this game was lost in the setup phase or the night phase. I think back to Magic Mafia and that setup may have favored the scum team in that one, but town absolutely had a chance to win that one, and I think the town fell into the same trap in that game as they did this game of focusing too much on the setup and the night results over just lynching the scummy dude.

I don't feel great about offing NJW2000 or being after Magma Mater most of the game, but my feelings regarding webadict and to a lesser extent ToonyMan had some merit.

The Toaster elim was 100% me throwing though since we almost voted out Web instead. That one really bothers me...
I was sweating, trust me. Especially when Jim was pushing for Web and Jack joined them.

I should have pressed you on that. It did not go unnoticed.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: January 26, 2022, 09:30:37 pm »

I don't think this game was lost in the setup phase or the night phase. I think back to Magic Mafia and that setup may have favored the scum team in that one, but town absolutely had a chance to win that one, and I think the town fell into the same trap in that game as they did this game of focusing too much on the setup and the night results over just lynching the scummy dude.

I don't feel great about offing NJW2000 or being after Magma Mater most of the game, but my feelings regarding webadict and to a lesser extent ToonyMan had some merit.

The Toaster elim was 100% me throwing though since we almost voted out Web instead. That one really bothers me...
I was sweating, trust me. Especially when Jim was pushing for Web and Jack joined them.

I should have pressed you on that. It did not go unnoticed.
Yeah, we had thrice as much reason to go after you on N2 because we figured you'd actually lead the Town in a better direction, and being confirmed would've overridden EuchreJack, plus you seemed like you had gotten a good read on the scum at that point. It was vitally necessary to remove you at that point.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: January 26, 2022, 09:32:04 pm »

I didn't do very well, myself.  I put too much faith in me stopping the kill via block instead of the protect half, and I didn't nearly push Toony hard enough, who I scumread the whole game.  That block on Roden I knew should have cleared him, but I started second guessing myself then becoming unable to push myself to do something about it.  Oh well.

Toony, what's your list on me?  I'm curious how much it matches my own list on me- that chiefly I become way more passive when I have access to a group chat.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: January 26, 2022, 09:36:39 pm »

Yeah, we had thrice as much reason to go after you on N2 because we figured you'd actually lead the Town in a better direction, and being confirmed would've overridden EuchreJack, plus you seemed like you had gotten a good read on the scum at that point. It was vitally necessary to remove you at that point.

Maybe if I had gotten Magma Mater on Day 2 and definitely if I had gotten you on Day 2 I might've been able to figure it out. Toaster was a terrible Day 2 choice as losing him also meant losing me.

Is there a scum chat link anywhere so that I can flatter myself by seeing what you say about me look it over?

Oh, well. Good game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: January 26, 2022, 09:47:28 pm »

Toony, what's your list on me?  I'm curious how much it matches my own list on me- that chiefly I become way more passive when I have access to a group chat.
I had none! I made it up!

Is there a scum chat link anywhere so that I can flatter myself by seeing what you say about me look it over?
I don't know how to link Discord chats.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: January 26, 2022, 11:16:48 pm »

I didn't do very well, myself.  I put too much faith in me stopping the kill via block instead of the protect half, and I didn't nearly push Toony hard enough, who I scumread the whole game.  That block on Roden I knew should have cleared him, but I started second guessing myself then becoming unable to push myself to do something about it.  Oh well.

If you want my list, yes, passivity is definitely a scumtell of yours, but it's actually a bit better to say that you're more passionate as Town. There's an element that you can't quite fake as scum that you get as Town, that tends to get you labelled as scum for reasons.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: January 27, 2022, 02:05:35 pm »

Fallacy, could you lock the discord chats and post a link to them?
Or alternatively, post a link to them and let us Graffiti them before someone not me archives them?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: January 27, 2022, 03:33:35 pm »

I'll do that. It's probably a good idea to transfer the Discord chats to a text format, too, and then archive it here.

Neighbor Chat

Mafia Chat

I'll probably lock the private chats in a few days. Post-game comments are allowed in the meantime.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 03:35:58 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153]