Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 88312 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3: Sprint Would Be Better? (5? / 5+)
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2021, 12:47:39 pm »

So that's... TricMagic, ToonyMan, NJW2000, EuchreJack, Roden, and BluarianKnight. Six players might not be the sort of game I had planned but it actually works better for the sprint format than five players, giving me just that little inch more flexibility in setup design. I'll start the first round tonight if y'all don't mind. There's also that new player up in the Games Threshold Thread, which could make seven if they notice this.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2021, 08:33:04 pm »

Just an FYI that I will be out of town in the later part of the week.  Dunno if that means less posting, or more time due to less (paid) work getting in the way.
I'm not going to hold things up any further, although "expert" posting is going to be limited due to mostly posting on the smartphone, I reckon.

So yeah, just lynch me Day One for not posting "properly" and be done with it.  :P
Let the games begin!

Sent a PM to our hopefully new recruit.  Gotta get these Edits out of my system know, lol.
EDIT: And brush up on my spellling/grammar/etc, it seems...

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2021, 08:53:18 am »

/in as player as long as this isn't awfully bastard (non-normal mafiascum roles is fine as long as it's a reasonable setup design)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2021, 03:58:23 pm »

Yeah, no bastardy at all here. A good bit of setup variability, but within limits. That'll mean seven players, five rounds. I'll send out a final mass confirmation PM tonight to make sure everyone is available, as well as tuning my ideas.

Anyone can feel free to ask questions at any time, though, and if it makes sense for them to be answered, I'll be sure to do so. Hopefully that'll make things clear enough.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3: Sprint Would Be Better? (7? / 5+)
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2021, 04:10:46 pm »

Can we vote the GM out?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2021, 05:37:36 pm »

You cannot, as I am not a player in the game. Only players and No Execution can be voted for.
Generic Arms Race.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2021, 06:31:42 pm »

Always something to check for Fal. The pink smoke is everywhere.  ;D

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2021, 10:18:09 pm »

Actually too busy.

Out.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2021, 10:22:20 pm »

New quarter starts tomorrow, that means I want to socialize after work LOL~ In.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2021, 11:23:27 pm »

Simultaneously the best and worst timing, I guess? Vector coming in means my plans can proceed. Wish you weren't busy, Blue, you're a great player, but I respect that real life comes first. Alright, let's get this final confirmation PM sent out. I hate the redundancy here, but I need to make sure everyone is ready.
Generic Arms Race.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2021, 04:03:35 pm »

I'm not replying to that PM >:( I'm here.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2021, 07:32:45 pm »

If I get voted out due to inactivity, then so be it. IN

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2021, 10:43:48 pm »

Update: We can go ahead with 6 players, then. Metruption hasn't replied to the check and this has waited long enough. Six players can make for workable games, so I'll start composing the setup(s) now. Expect the rounds to be short but sweet. I'll also make an updated rules post for this format.
Generic Arms Race.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2021, 11:10:18 pm »

I find it odd Metruption hasn't responded. I assume they want to play, but thought they were already confirmed by posting in this thread. In any case, if this first round starts with six players they can always join a future round by subbing in for another player or possibly joining as a seventh.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3: Sprint Edition (7/7)
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2021, 02:24:29 pm »

Nevermind, there was just an email mixup and they didn't notice the PM. Time to start setup composition for seven players.

It felt as though two months had passed, like time itself had stretched like a rubber band - and snapped. Coiled. Knotted into itself. Something had gone horribly wrong.

The supplied hotel rooms were the height of luxury, but it was nearly empty. There were seven people. Some of them were moles. Or maybe just one? They had to find the traitors among them - but hadn't they done this before? In the lounge, an old grandfather clock chimed. Time snapped back - and they woke up again. How long would this last?

Welcome to Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 - Sprint Edition. Instead of a single, longer game, this game will be operated as a series of five individual rounds, each round a game in itself, with a different setup (within the same reasonable boundaries), different roles, different alignments. Each round can be won or lost by the players, and as such, to determine an overall victor after the five rounds are done, we'll use Victory Points. If you win a round, whatever your alignment may be, you get one Victory Point. Whoever has the most points at the end is the winner (and in the event of a tie, we'll just have multiple winners, so don't worry). As they're a meta concept, the in-game rules and roles will not interact with Victory Points in any way, beyond you gaining one if you win.

The rules for this game are as in the original post at the start of this thread, with a few small changes:

--Instead of 72 hour Days and 24 hour Nights, we'll have 48 hour Days and 24 hour Nights. Hammers are still fully in effect, and I'll caution you to use your votes carefully because the hammer threshold is easier to reach in a 7 player game. We'll still not have player-caused extensions, but if you need to request extra time due to any IRL circumstances, let me know in the thread.

--Alignment-wise, I'm ruling out the rarer Third Parties. The only possible alignments will be Town, Mafia, and Mafia-Ally. These alignments will act according to the original post's notes, with one exception: I reserve the right to give the Mafia a replacement for their factional kill. Any such replacement will still be a lethal action they can use to win. An example replacement would be a poisoning ability.

I'll be locking the thread now, and I'll send out the first roles tonight at midnight, Central time.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 02:55:34 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 153