Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94477 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 2): We Are Left With Our Ashes
« Reply #930 on: October 22, 2021, 05:32:36 pm »

I am not understanding how Tric's parity copping would work, then, because I'm town.

I'm 100% ok with trading me for MaximumSpin if it means that we hit scum, but someone has to be lying.
Vec, I want to be clear about this. I am currently more or less convinced that we are both town, and Tric did in fact confirm our alignments to be the same. Let us proceed from that position. Tric is probably also town in this circumstance.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 22, 2021, 05:33:31 pm »

I am not understanding how Tric's parity copping would work, then, because I'm town.

I'm 100% ok with trading me for MaximumSpin if it means that we hit scum, but someone has to be lying.

@Tric: I'm sorry but what about Webadict with a gun sounds like a solid move

Very Jack of you Vector. A vote for Max is a vote for you.

The other option today is to vote TricMagic
And it doesn't but you just said you had other inventions. Scumslip?

Web is the only other option, but you commuter claim has to go.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 22, 2021, 05:37:41 pm »

You should note web made the perfect move last night. Had I actually targeted him I would have been deflected. Which is fair given the move I pulled last game.

As it stands though, you have to pick between people once more. And ask a question, why was Jack removed?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 22, 2021, 05:40:45 pm »

Put simply, only Vector and I didn't vote him. And Vector wasn't on anyone. So there is only 1 situation where all three of us are town, and that's if Web is the mafia. And he can jail himself tonight. This isn't a winning proposition for him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 22, 2021, 05:41:34 pm »

Max was hammered, fyi. You all shouldn't be talking.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 22, 2021, 05:45:48 pm »

I had a big post but I just deleted it. OK. Guess it's Night now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 22, 2021, 05:46:44 pm »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 22, 2021, 05:51:46 pm »

God, hammers are the dumbest fucking rule.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 22, 2021, 06:09:34 pm »

FallacyofUrist: Surely, people are not told if they've been redirected to an unexpected target?
By default, people are always aware of who they end up targeting, at least in my games. This has been the case even in my earliest attempts at mafia-GM-ing. A variant ability could change this, however.

Quote from: Votecount
Toonyman (0):
Roden (1): Maximum Spin
TricMagic (0):
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (0):
webadict (0):
Maximum Spin (4): ToonyMan, TricMagic, webadict, Vector

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (2): Roden, NJW2000
4 to hammer.

Vector reached out and shoved Maximum Spin into the execution pit. They blink for a moment as they realize what just happened.

"I didn't realize he was so close to the edge, okay?"

But alas, the mistake proved to be, in truth, a mistake.

The clock's hour hand slammed down, accelerating, hitting its boundary as Maximum Spin's true nature was revealed - and despite how he was viewed, he proved to be far from evil.

Maximum Spin was Town.

A search of his room revealed nothing but a worn sleeping bag. No weapons, nothing of danger.

2-Shot Commuter (town):
(2-Shot, Night) Commute: You temporarily exit the game by hiding on the roof of the hotel in a sleeping bag, granting you absolute immunity to all Night actions. (Players who attempt to act on you will receive a ‘your action failed’ result.) Your sleeping bag will wear out after you do this twice, however.

Another lightbulb shattered, powdered glass and metal sprinkling down to mark the death of an innocent. All for what, a deli's business interests? Or was there something more here?

Night 2 has begun, and will end Saturday, 6 PM, or approximately 24 hours from now. Or when everyone sends in their actions and I have time to process them.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Night 2): When Push Comes To Shove
« Reply #939 on: October 23, 2021, 07:51:49 pm »

Now, you have returned. In the eerie morning, sunrise slowly illuminated the insides of your shared hotel, blood and ashes both fresh and new splattering the floors and walls, shards of glass serving as obstacles upon the floor. You have made a warzone of the mind for yourselves, it seems.

And of the body.

webadict's empty shell lay upon the floor, a gunshot having ended his life. Precisely placed to take his heart.

But there was reason to celebrate. It was clear from the etching of the Mafiaco logo - an hourglass - upon his sea chest, that he was a supporter of those mafia. No true member, but a supporter. A sympathizer. And now he was dead.

webadict was a mafia-ally.

It seems the Captain had fallen - his rum forever to remain unsealed. You would toast to his memory as he would have wanted, but no, you cannot - he was working against you all, even if he was not the true threat.

Captain (mafia-ally):
(Auto) Authority: You have command over the players with the roles 50% Inventor, Deflector, and Interference JOAT. If you do not use Command during the Day, it will be automatically used at Day end with random selections. If you die, the players bound to you lose the ability to act if you were Town and gain the ability to act freely if you were non-Town.
(Day) Command: You decide in advance what the Night-action primary targets of the players under your command must be. Each player affected by Authority will be made aware of your choice for them when the Night starts. (If a Mafia player is tied to your Authority, usage of their factional ability is exempt from this requirement. Furthermore, the players affected by Authority can still choose to take no action.)

Quote from: Votecount
Toonyman (0):
Roden (0):
TricMagic (0):
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (5): Roden, ToonyMan, NJW2000, TricMagic, Vector
3 to hammer.

Day 3 has begun, and will end 10 PM Monday, Central time, or approximately 48 hours from now. (Or on a hammer)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 3): Anchor Adrift
« Reply #940 on: October 23, 2021, 07:54:09 pm »

You dumb fucks.

*bleh*

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 23, 2021, 08:04:54 pm »

Right. Pretty Dam Clear. Vector is likely town right now.. Hopefully.

Leaves NJW, Rodent, and... Toonyman.. On a tablet, but what roles did web claim?

Deflect, invent, and jail. ...

One is not like the others. We have a Goat. And they just killed the golden goose.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 23, 2021, 08:09:47 pm »

Toony, what order should we claim in? Who says what first can have a pretty big impact on the outcome of events.

I'd suggest Vector, NJW, Toony, Roden. I'm both exempt and a natural suspect given I've used my sight up.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 23, 2021, 08:14:40 pm »

What the hell was that guys? I come back and the day is over.

And now a mally is dead.

PPE:
Toony, what order should we claim in? Who says what first can have a pretty big impact on the outcome of events.

I'd suggest Vector, NJW, Toony, Roden. I'm both exempt and a natural suspect given I've used my sight up.
I think that's fine.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 23, 2021, 08:16:05 pm »

I have notes I wrote but I'm on my phone so I'll post them when I'm back.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 153