Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94510 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Heh, silly me thinking that I was being protected instead of being almost vigilante killed.
Well, I wasn't hoping it would kill you.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Ugh... new mechanical claim from max doesn't solve anything mechanically, or even prove anything. Not much to say there. I really can't read them, so pretty unsure about all that. Single person specific ignites aren't a thing on mafiascum wiki, but hey, we've seen weirder.

So... in the last three dozen posts since I last looked at the thread, a bunch of people voted Roden, not really clear why. If it's based on mechanical analysis, you're idiots. FoU doesn't play by your rules, so neither do scum. Haven't looked hard at Roden yet. Jack's thesis about the reasoning behind their last minute vote may hold water, but certainly not damning on its own. Roden/Toony a bit of a weird interaction, could be coordinated but I doubt it. Roden has been acting scummily, but I don't think mafia would insist on them both being on the wagon, and still sure there's mafia in Toony/Web pair. In conclusion, I have no idea how I feel about the lynch, please at least collate your ideas into one post in future.

Still want to eliminate Toony. Pretty sure he's scum. As far as I can tell nobody even looked at my case on him, but I may have missed it in the flurry. Also, he has a claimed vengeful rule, so it's only a loss if he flips town and misses. And town!Toony is a pretty good shot.

Web seems to be consistently suggesting that Toony is scum with a vengeful thing. Here's the issue with that: scum don't claim vengeful death-arsonist or whatever, they just let town eat it when they die. Seems like Web wants to push the scum!Toony idea but not elim. And I don't know what situation Web wants to do that in, but I don't like it.

@Jack: thank you for the votecounts.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

In fact: Toonyman

I made my reasons for this clear somwhere on page 95. And I'm going to bed now.
One wheel short of a wagon

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm here, just skimmed the thread and holy shit, why am I at E-1? I Delayed Toony and nobody ended up being Poisoned! Why the fuck am I getting voted for catching scum again!?

There's such an overwhelming amount of posts to respond to and I just can't. I literally don't have the time. I'm sorry Jack but I'm not going to be able to answer the dozen or so questions you asked me in that mega post. I'm sorry I haven't posted more, but I already said everything that was on my mind, and the 50+ post slap fight between Toony and Web hasn't given me any new revelations.

I stand by everything else I said. Toony is confirmed scum to me and it makes no sense to vote me over Toony. He then claimed Vengeful under pressure, which alone should be enough to elim him but everything else he's said has made it obvious he's mafia. If his play looks weak it's because he got caught. The only way to turn it around and save his actual mafia partner is to make it look like I'm bussing him so he can get another townie out of here. This is damn near the exact same shit that happened last round and everyone's just letting it happen AGAIN! I feel like I'm losing my mind!

I'm voting Toony and hoping you guys don't vote me out for catching scum two rounds in a row. I'm full claiming to my Night 2 action and will Delay Max because it honestly just looks like Toony is 50/50 distancing with both Web and Max so we can't figure out who his actual scum buddy is.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like do none of you see that Toony repeatedly said "Roden is probably town" over and over and over, but then voted me? He isn't pushing his actual scum reads, he's just trying to survive. Why would a Vengeful Townie try to lynch his town read?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Like do none of you see that Toony repeatedly said "Roden is probably town" over and over and over, but then voted me? He isn't pushing his actual scum reads, he's just trying to survive. Why would a Vengeful Townie try to lynch his town read?
Yes, I do see that. That's why I'm voting Toony.

Web seems to be consistently suggesting that Toony is scum with a vengeful thing. Here's the issue with that: scum don't claim vengeful death-arsonist or whatever, they just let town eat it when they die. Seems like Web wants to push the scum!Toony idea but not elim. And I don't know what situation Web wants to do that in, but I don't like it.
8| Sure.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

will Delay Max because it honestly just looks like Toony is 50/50 distancing with both Web and Max so we can't figure out who his actual scum buddy is.
If you're town this is the single worst idea anyone has had this game. Like, seriously, now I pretty much HAVE to lynch you. If you flip town I promise to make up for it.

There are at least three other people I would have been willing to lynch. I only voted you as part of an exchange with Toony, it's not like I was married to the idea. But now that you have suggested that you will do that, you are extremely dangerous to me.

Unless... hold on a sec.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure Vector will vote me over Roden here so let me just say I will be targeting Web or Roden.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh. I notice there isn't even a role that delays people (anywhere I can see) on the mafiascum wiki. Are we sure that delaying is even a thing in this setup? Granted, Fallacy said most roles would be there, but...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh. I notice there isn't even a role that delays people (anywhere I can see) on the mafiascum wiki. Are we sure that delaying is even a thing in this setup? Granted, Fallacy said most roles would be there, but...
Delayer is a real role. Not sure why it wouldn't be there, though.

I'm pretty sure Vector will vote me over Roden here so let me just say I will be targeting Web or Roden.
Fucking shoot me, then. If you're Town and play this shitty, we both deserve to lose. Way to threaten Town, lolol.

will Delay Max because it honestly just looks like Toony is 50/50 distancing with both Web and Max so we can't figure out who his actual scum buddy is.
If you're town this is the single worst idea anyone has had this game. Like, seriously, now I pretty much HAVE to lynch you. If you flip town I promise to make up for it.

There are at least three other people I would have been willing to lynch. I only voted you as part of an exchange with Toony, it's not like I was married to the idea. But now that you have suggested that you will do that, you are extremely dangerous to me.

Unless... hold on a sec.
... I mean... If Roden is Delaying you, then it sort of proves they're Town, no?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless... hold on a sec.
Why wouldn't I Delay you? I suspect you and you're voting me over Toony! Give me one good reason that I shouldn't Delay you. Give an alternative. I have no reason to Delay anyone on Toony's wagon, if they were scum they'd just hammer me. Vector's a Poison Doc, so obviously not getting Delayed. It just leaves Jack, who I admit could be the Primer if it isn't you.

We had a Town Delayer during the first round.

Wtf are you doing Toony? How did you go from "Roden is town, don't lynch him" to "Roden is town but needs to get lynched or Venge'd"?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Max why are you so scared of getting Delayed if you're just a JOAT Tracker? You keep hinting at Vig but refuse to claim Vig. From your perspective, nobody can be Primer except Jack if it isn't you. So where's the suspicion towards Jack? Why not tell me to Delay Jack instead of threatening to purposely mislynch me just so you can Track someone tonight?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@ToonyMan:

Seriously, dude, you would've looked more Town if you'd have made an attempt to logically breakdown the game. I gave you the tools to solve the game. I gave you the most optimal solutions and the ways you could be scum, but I also gave the ways that it couldn't be you. I broke the game down to its core and attempted to solve it.

I HAVE AN ABILITY THAT IS PRO-TOWN. I AM PROVEN TO HAVE DONE THIS ABILITY.

Why isn't your first thought "Web is probably Town"? No, you've done everything BUT try to rationalize that decision. You're not trying to rationally talk me out of this decision. You're trying to threaten me out of it. That's fucking anti-Town shit when you're in a position like this. In fact, it's not even aimed at me. It's aimed at everyone else. It's a threat: "I'll shoot Town if you do this!" Wow, how Townie of you, may I have another?

You didn't narrow down suspects. You did jackshit other than try to frame me. So, of course you are scum. If you defend Roden who claimed Delaying you, of course you're the main suspect. If you try to setup a fight between NJW and I, of fucking course you're scum! This isn't a brainbuster. It's me not letting you get away with the delay tactics you do. YOU HAVE TO PROVE YOU'RE TOWN, AND YOU HAVEN'T BECAUSE YOU AREN'T!

I have narrowed down the pool to three suspects. What was your elimination? "It ain't NJW/Vector, but it sure is ANYONE ELSE NAMED WEBADICT!" Real insights. Top notch. You had to go for Roden/Max, and you still can't even muster it. Now you're trying to reach for Roden/Web? Oh, how about Web/NJW? Oh, why not Web/Jack again! That'll make sense this time if I liquify my brain a bit.

I spent the entire Day trying to get you to show how I could be scum, and I broke each and every one of those, and instead of changing your mind, you doubled, tripled, and quadrupled down. You're STILL DOING IT.

I am not scum. NJW is not scum. Vector is not scum. EuchreJack is not scum. You forcing this makes you look like the scummiest scum that ever did scum. And the most logical reason?

Because you're scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"webadict didn't use the ability Prodigious Study because I've never heard of it!"

"Wait, the ability was given to scum, and instead of Poisoning, webadict used this ability... to gain an investigation power... To... uh...?"

"Oh no, webadict actually is a Multitasker Arsonist... Investigative Student, so that he could FAKE HIS ABILITY AND... arson... Vector??"

"No, wait, I got it, webadict is actually a Multitasker Arsonist... Fakeabilityuser! webadict made a fake ability to show up as! That's a normal role in this game!?"

"No no no, webadict is actually Two Gnomes in a Trenchcoat, One of Which is Studying to Become a Police Officer in Their Spare Time, obviously! That's how he can have two abilities at once, but he's forced to learn investigation abilities as his downside!"

"No no no no, wait, this time it's actually..."

I think I will call this the Infinite Lemons Theory of Scummitude.

What if webadict has infinite hands and infinite mouths to infinitely feed himself infinite lemons? But he does not, nor is it likely he will, so we should not consider such an idea.

If an accusing person's idea that a person is scum involves giving that person more and more abilities and contrivances to counteract the evidence, then the accused is probably Town, and the accuser is probably scum.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Max why are you so scared of getting Delayed if you're just a JOAT Tracker? You keep hinting at Vig but refuse to claim Vig. From your perspective, nobody can be Primer except Jack if it isn't you. So where's the suspicion towards Jack? Why not tell me to Delay Jack instead of threatening to purposely mislynch me just so you can Track someone tonight?
Why can only Jack be the primer? Why can't you be the primer?

I am not a... what even is a "JOAT Tracker"? Do you not know what a JOAT is? I get a bunch of different powers. Including the one which I was going to use tonight, if you don't delay me. But if you do I will probably die before I can use it.

... I mean... If Roden is Delaying you, then it sort of proves they're Town, no?
Sure, but if Roden is lynched and flips town, that ALSO proves he's town, and then you can have Roden back, if I don't get delayed.

I wasn't kidding about the question, guys. I can actually do that.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 153