Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 91160 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R5, Day 1): A Single Clock And The Cracking Seal
« Reply #1875 on: January 19, 2022, 07:55:27 am »

Unreliable just means my results have a chance to be wrong. Not invalid, just wrong, and I have no way of knowing if my Cop check is accurate. Since my results don't really matter, I figured I would just full claim now since it would look suspicious if I claimed it later.
What chance? (I.e. what percentage?)
75%, which doesn't sound bad at all, but I wouldn't rely on my check. I just plan to announce my results every Day start to help get conversations going.

@Max & NJW & Web: Neighborizer is a night action. It does nothing to confirm roles.  Ideally, it would allow me to have confidential communications with someone that is confirmed town.  But I'll probably use it Night 1, so it might just let mafia whisper horrible things into my ears.
So you're 1-shot then, if I'm reading this correctly? Interesting. Your best move might be to Neighborize whoever you think you can trust the most, and who is also someone you can solve efficiently with.

@NJW and Roden:
This is going to be one of those weird games. Anyway, I'm a miller.
I believe this claim. My role is useless, I'm an Unreliable Cop.
Why would there be a miller if you're an unreliable cop?

I think it's more likely Roden is telling the truth here then NJW unless they're both in on it, although I find Roden believable here. Especially since NJW claimed first and Roden second. I got caught out pretty badly from claiming double voter first in a past game as mafia since I had no idea there would be another claim to "meta counter" it.
I believe the Miller claim because there seems to a certain theme with roles each round, and this time it looks like it has to do with obscuring alignment peeks. I wouldn't be surprised if scum had a Janitor of some sort, for instance. But also, mechanically NJW's claim is convincing since he said the Miller part of his role was "auto", which is exactly what my Unreliable passive is labeled as. It's a little angle shooty, but I'm fine with just putting him aside for now.

I believe this claim. My role is useless, I'm an Unreliable Cop.
I believe NJW's claim.

@Roden: What is an Unreliable Cop?

I am a Neighborizer.  I can set up a private chat with other players.  Sorta like unreliable mason I guess?
Unreliable just means my results have a chance to be wrong. Not invalid, just wrong, and I have no way of knowing if my Cop check is accurate. Since my results don't really matter, I figured I would just full claim now since it would look suspicious if I claimed it later.
If I had that role, I would simply not use it. Particularly if there is a motion detector in the game capable of checking you. Alternatively, I'd test Toaster's claim.
I actually did plan on inspecting Toaster tonight. I'm interested to see how my Unreliable passive interacts with his Null passive.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: January 19, 2022, 09:33:03 am »

ToonyMan is using fringe logic to justify the NJW vote that they themselves shot down in Round 3, somehow invoking my name into the atrocity, and getting all creepy buddy on me.

I don't suspect Magma Mater at this point.  While we haven't seen them as Town, we did see them as Mafia and they played quite differently.

@Max: We've worked well in the past in-thread, to the point that maybe we actually don't need a private chat to work together?
What do you think?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: January 19, 2022, 09:49:52 am »

At this point, I think the mafia team is Toonyman & Toaster.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: January 19, 2022, 09:58:55 am »

@Magma:
I don't think Roden was thinking about NJW at all when they claimed.

@NJW:
It doesn't seem like Toaster is actually a miller and Roden wants to believe you so I'll be rational here and unvote. I can't really believe a scenario where you're both mafia right now.

@Jack:
Shot down? I was mafia in Round 3 and didn't want to implicate myself with NJW. I truly believe my logic is reasonable, but I've decided it's too weak since Toaster and Roden have added more to the game.

How am I buddying you? I've done nothing to support you this game besides believe your role claim. You weren't actually town in KWN so clearly I don't have a black and white read of you anymore. I'm currently undecided but I will say I like your vote on me over every vote on Magma.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: January 19, 2022, 10:06:35 am »

@Web:
You never answered me about why you're voting Magma.

Jim is voting Magma as a "snap judgement".
Max is voting Magma because they posted a meme gif.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: January 19, 2022, 10:19:07 am »

ToonyMan is using fringe logic to justify the NJW vote that they themselves shot down in Round 3, somehow invoking my name into the atrocity, and getting all creepy buddy on me.

I don't suspect Magma Mater at this point.  While we haven't seen them as Town, we did see them as Mafia and they played quite differently.

@Max: We've worked well in the past in-thread, to the point that maybe we actually don't need a private chat to work together?
What do you think?
I'm not gonna agree with you on principle, mostly because if I do, Magma Mater might not defend themselves.

@Web:
You never answered me about why you're voting Magma.

Jim is voting Magma as a "snap judgement".
Max is voting Magma because they posted a meme gif.
Yeah, you're right. I definitely didn't.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: January 19, 2022, 10:20:53 am »

What do you think?
I don't necessarily think anyone needs a private chat, and it would give me something to do. I guess there are other, potentially more useful choices for neighbors, especially if you have a limited number of shots, but on the other hand, it would gain you access to my thoughts without filtering against the possibility of distorting others' play.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: January 19, 2022, 11:57:56 am »

@Jack:
Shot down? I was mafia in Round 3 and didn't want to implicate myself with NJW. I truly believe my logic is reasonable, but I've decided it's too weak since Toaster and Roden have added more to the game.

How am I buddying you? I've done nothing to support you this game besides believe your role claim. You weren't actually town in KWN so clearly I don't have a black and white read of you anymore. I'm currently undecided but I will say I like your vote on me over every vote on Magma.
Hm, upon a reread, using me would be a better description.  I thought your "Sounds True" regarding me was an inappropriately premature townread, but I had misread it.

I WAS town in KWN until YOU made me Scum, although I had a side-win condition.  So I'd say I was Suburban.

What do you think?
I don't necessarily think anyone needs a private chat, and it would give me something to do. I guess there are other, potentially more useful choices for neighbors, especially if you have a limited number of shots, but on the other hand, it would gain you access to my thoughts without filtering against the possibility of distorting others' play.
That might be useful, but I've found that you tend to "open up" on Day 2, and I can't invite you to the private chat until Night 1.
I am limited in slots, any other suggestions either in addition to or instead of yourself?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: January 19, 2022, 12:08:02 pm »

Rejoice! I can create two neighbors, and remain in the chat!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: January 19, 2022, 12:08:38 pm »

Only one per night though.

@Toaster: Would my Neighborizer work on you?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: January 19, 2022, 12:41:23 pm »

Yeah, I think I'll just say EJ is probs Town and call it a day.

I was kinda hoping MM would reply sooner rather than later, so I'm ready to jump on a ToonyMan train if anyone else is, and I can reassess later.  Maybe it's because I feel like their claim is too close to Vector's role in Round 3, but they're getting too combative with EJ.

Is that a problem? Whatever. I'll think about it later.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: January 19, 2022, 01:57:59 pm »

Right, so Roden's a 75% cop... that's not so bad. Apparently, my miller thing means I inspect as scum when I would otherwise inspect as town, so he's got a 75% chance to inspect me as scum, if he's telling the truth.

Ok, I'm struggling to see a lynch
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: January 19, 2022, 02:38:21 pm »

Readslist, as much to help me as for other people.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In summary, Roden, I want to know why you initially claimed your role was useless, but now you're claiming a 75% accurate ability.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: January 19, 2022, 04:02:19 pm »

I'd disagree, but I don't have the energy for it, and I'm phonelocked for a while. Also, you might be partially right, but that'sless important.

It feels like you're going on a mechanical basis. Do you agree?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: January 19, 2022, 04:05:44 pm »

There's certainly more mechanical thought than I usually have for D1 reads, you're right there. Some of it is based on tone and post content though.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 153