Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is this a bug ?  (Read 2306 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Is this a bug ?
« on: March 28, 2008, 10:46:00 am »

while sneaking my way through a goblin fortress, my eye fell upon a unfamiliar sight : adamantine

the chance to encounter such an object randomly is a million to 1, the thing is, whenever I try to pick it up all it sais "there is nothing to pick up"

how can I get my fingers upon this beauty, HOW ?

on a related note, once I got my hands on it, where can I put it so I can find it once I retired this lasher to get my pikeman ?

[ March 28, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jurassiced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a bug ?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 12:18:00 pm »

wont let you pick it up huh?not sure that rly sucks for u ran into a group of ratmin all with adamantine chainmail and coudnt pick it up ether o_O hope sonone knows how to help u =\
POKHOMME http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=84 Race mod im working on.

Tayrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 12:32:00 pm »

Wow, I didn't know it was even possible to find that by chance.

The pike is built into an upright spear/spike trap. I don't think there's any way for an adventurer to remove it and retrieve the pike (though I could be wrong), so all I can suggest is to create a fortress there, have a dwarf remove the trap containing the pike, then come back as an adventurer and hope you can find the pike, wherever it ends up. Perhaps hauling it to a trade depot or putting it in a stockpiled bin might keep it in place.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »

build into a trap ?!

;_;

fate is so cruel
well, but then again I killed their tentacle demon god/leader

it's only fair...I guess..

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 12:50:00 pm »

Yeah, I ran across an adamantine pike once.  It just picks metals at random, so adam gets picked every once in a while.  It is a real shame you can't pick it up though, I spent quite a bit of time trying to get that thing...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 06:24:00 pm »

I have a different problem with adamantine...

In my mod, elves trade...  Adamantine Shovels.

For Armok knows what reason, the lack of a metal_pref tag conflicts with the presence of a digging implement, thus allowing the implement to be made of any metal, up to and including adamantine. I guess I could report it as a bug...

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 12:15:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>I have a different problem with adamantine...

In my mod, elves trade...  Adamantine Shovels.

For Armok knows what reason, the lack of a metal_pref tag conflicts with the presence of a digging implement, thus allowing the implement to be made of any metal, up to and including adamantine. I guess I could report it as a bug...</STRONG>

That's...  weird.  Does MINOR_METAL behave appropriately?

Also, how does MINOR_METAL work alongside WOOD_PREF?  Does WOOD_PREF take precedence, or do you see a mix of copper and wood gear?

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 02:10:00 am »

I'm confused. I've never seen a pike that didn't have a corpse defiled upon it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 09:34:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Patarak:
<STRONG>I'm confused. I've never seen a pike that didn't have a corpse defiled upon it.</STRONG>

Meh, sometimes they fall off.