Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: World of RTD  (Read 17062 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
World of RTD
« on: July 12, 2021, 09:21:11 am »

This is a bit different than other RTDs. A player posts an action in bold, then the next poster rolls a d6 and based on that describes how the action went, 1 being very bad fail, 2 being fail, 3 being partial success, 4 being better success, 5 being great success, 6 being !!GREAT!! success. After the action of the previous player was described, the poster then mentions an action in bold, and the cycle continues. The actions and what happens remain consistent and are part of a universe, unlike Corrupt a Wish, where only some responses are linked to previous responses. Example below

Example
Player 1: Shoot at something

Player 2: (rolls d6=2) Your gun jams and you hear a click. Nothing comes out.
Tie lots of strings together

Player 3: (rolls d6=1) All the strings you have do not connect to each other at all, trying to tie them together is like trying to keep two negative sides of a magnet together. String flies everywhere as a result of this.
Delete the curse of bad dice rolls

Player 4: 5 This happens for the action after mine
Marvel at the chaotic winds
Example End

And so on. The die were rolled by Siri picking a number between 1 and 6 for the examples, of course any die rolling method works. Ready?

Find a planet to live on

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: World of RTD
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 10:23:16 am »

(1d6=6): You find a superhabitable world, with a mix of every main type of biome for everything - forests, deserts, arid shrublands, tundras, alpine mountains, jungles, savannahs, coastal islands, and arctic snowlands. It even has some irradiated areas, for any post-apocalyptic species.

It's also a death world known as Earth.

Force others to make their action text green.
it's over

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 10:31:51 am »

(1d6=6): You find a superhabitable world, with a mix of every main type of biome for everything - forests, deserts, arid shrublands, tundras, alpine mountains, jungles, savannahs, coastal islands, and arctic snowlands. It even has some irradiated areas, for any post-apocalyptic species.

It's also a death world known as Earth.

Force others to make their action text green.

(1d6=2): Unfortunately, the odds of rolling a 6 twice in a row should be less than rolling it once, but the likelihood of randomly rolling two of any sequence no matter what they are are all equal, so you find yourself in a paradoxical situation where you cannot make others' action text green.

Hat a hedgehog.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 02:51:16 am »

(1d6=4): You take a small hat and place it upon the hedgehog's head and it seems to like having it there.

Drop a bomb on something.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 06:28:06 am »

(1d6=4):You throw bomb at a random old man passing by you. The old man turns towards the bomb and catches it squarely with his hands. Then he looks towards you and opens his mouth to say something. Just then bomb goes boom. The old man is fried by the boom and runs away however forgetting to pick his hands which lie there where he was standing.

Grow a beard farm

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 02:03:34 pm »

(1d6=4):You throw bomb at a random old man passing by you. The old man turns towards the bomb and catches it squarely with his hands. Then he looks towards you and opens his mouth to say something. Just then bomb goes boom. The old man is fried by the boom and runs away however forgetting to pick his hands which lie there where he was standing.

Grow a beard farm

(1d6=3): You grow a farm beard. Close enough.

I hope I get a spaceship.
it's over

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 10:15:11 am »

(1d6=3): You grow a farm beard. Close enough.

I hope I get a spaceship.

(1d6=6): You hope so hard that a spaceship literally materializes in front of you.

Bake brownies

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 06:52:10 pm »

-snip-
(1d6=6): You hope so hard that a spaceship literally materializes in front of you.

Bake brownies

What's in the spaceship? What does it even look like? How big is it?

(1d6=1): You try to bake brownies but you burn your house down.

Quote from: Player statuses
0cra_tr0per: Has a spaceship
SuperDino85: Has a burnt down house
it's over

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 07:47:09 pm »

-snip-

Bake brownies

What's in the spaceship? What does it even look like? How big is it?

(1d6=1): You try to bake brownies but you burn your house down.

Quote from: Player statuses
0cra_tr0per: Has a spaceship
SuperDino85: Has a burnt down house
what’s your action?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2021, 07:07:47 pm »

-snip-
what’s your action?

oh I forgot

>Throw a rock at the nearest passerby.
it's over

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 07:30:34 pm »

-snip-
what’s your action?

oh I forgot

>Throw a rock at the nearest passerby.

(1d6=6) …oh

You pick up a rock about twice your size and throw it. It crushes two people at once.

Sue myself for burning down the house

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2021, 02:11:52 am »

(1d6=5)

You get the best team of Lawyers you can and have them sue you, and while it does seem to confuses them that you want to sue yourself but they take your money and after a lengthy trial you sue yourself for everything your worth and win taking everything you own for yourself!

Take over the world!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2021, 05:38:48 pm »

(1d6=5)

You get the best team of Lawyers you can and have them sue you, and while it does seem to confuses them that you want to sue yourself but they take your money and after a lengthy trial you sue yourself for everything your worth and win taking everything you own for yourself!

Take over the world!

(1d6=6) You took over the world so fast everyone is scratching their heads wondering what happened.

Celebrate by throwing a backyard party, firing up the grill, and invite the whole town

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2021, 06:01:03 pm »

((Hmmm… this looks familiar…))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2021, 06:14:23 pm »

((I wish I would have found that when it was still alive))
(1d6=5)

Take over the world!

(1d6=6) You took over the world so fast everyone is scratching their heads wondering what happened.

Celebrate by throwing a backyard party, firing up the grill, and invite the whole town
(Rolling d6=3)
About a quarter of the town comes over to your party
At the party, try to impress the other partygoers by causing a nearby flower to grow to the size of a humsn
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6