Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [SG] Heirs of the Abbasids  (Read 2165 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Heirs of the Abbasids
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2021, 11:44:34 am »

If we kill Tasha, the supporters may try attacking our army, giving us a clear indication of who is supporting the rebellion

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2021, 12:04:28 pm »

No, we tell him either he tells us who the fellow traitors are, in which case we exile him, or we kill him. But if he does not tell us, we torture him by drowning him in water but not really drowning him, pulling his traitor head out so he does not die. Clearly, cruel but 99percent effective.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2021, 12:45:16 pm »

He could just lie about who the traitors are, killing him will show who the traitors are by baiting them to try and revenge kill army members

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2021, 05:31:30 pm »

We could also try employing more modern (or I guess futuristic) interrogation tactics by actually treating him like a human being and hoping he opens up he may even change sides if we are lucky/give up his ambitions all together. Or we could just kill him either or really

Edit: We could also use this as a excuse to get rid of the tunjur nobles once and for all threw confiscation of wealth and exile before they have a chance to rebuild their powerbase and cause more headaches for us in the future. (Although this could easily backfire should the locals not buy our excuses)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 05:54:48 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2021, 06:16:37 pm »

Alrighty so I have a couple of options based off my thoughts at the moment.

A. Send most of our standing army to the lower province then once they are stationed publicly execute Talha for plotting treason should nothing happen after a day or two have them stand down and return to their posts also find the most qualified educated men in the kingdom and summon them to the court assign them the task of reverse engineering firearms and promise them riches if they should succeed.

B. Keep Talha captive for now and instead send our spymaster to do more digging into the matter also send out our army and a couple of cartographers throughout our kingdom in order to start gaining control over our lands rooting out the savagery of warlordism that plaques our land and gaining knowledge of what we have inside also find the most qualified educated men in the kingdom and summon them to the court assign them the task of reverse engineering firearms and promise them riches if they should succeed.

C. Publicly execute Talha for plotting treason and proclaim his treachery as proof that the Tunjur nobility are not to be trusted and are secretly plotting a demise of the entire kingdom! then send out troops throughout the kingdom in order to do a purge of the entire Tunjur nobility confiscating wealth and banishing those who give up willingly and executing those who dont. In order to fill the power vacuum give all lands and part of the wealth the Tunjur nobility once owned away to a group of trusted Sunni Arabs creating a new nobility that should hopefully be loyal to our whims... atleast for now also find the most qualified educated men in the kingdom and summon them to the court assign them the task of reverse engineering firearms and promise them riches if they should succeed.

This is just my thoughts on things we could do personally im leaning B but feel free to suggest your own alternative routes we could take.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 10:50:58 pm by Fluffe9911 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2021, 02:47:27 am »

B sounds like the best one for now.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2021, 03:05:53 am »

B sounds good for now then we can carry out C when maybe our spymaster finds out more.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2021, 10:07:29 am »

Updating tomorrow, sorry for the delay.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2021, 01:40:36 pm »

B sounds like the best one for now.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2021, 01:58:51 am »

((There were conflicting actions about torturing him, I decided to do inaction regarding torture but also B.))

Talha is quietly thrown into the dungeons below Ouara's palace until further action is taken. Meanwhile, it turns out the previouss king Daud has died mysteriously. No wounds have been found upon examination. Perhaps an assassination by poison? In any case, with him not having any living non-missing children, the old dynasty is now extinct. This left the old nobles without a convenient symbol to rally behind. Tunjur Nobles faction weakened.
Meanwhile spies and cartographers are sent to the southern regions. Many of the warlords are too risky to directly attack, especially with a lot of the army still patrolling Kanem lands. But through intrigue, diplomacy, and manipulation many of them have been subdued.
Amjad the spymaster discovered many of Talha's followers by intercepting letters, sending spies to overhear conversations, as well as "interrogation". While most have been thrown into the dungeon right there with Talha, many others seem to have fled into the southern lands outside of the borders... scouts have been sent to scour the hostile lands of the Ubangi and the Azande for the traitors.
Meanwhile, Aaisha, one of Abd al-Karim's wives, is now pregnant. A child is expected soon... however with our kingdom's succession laws, even if the new child is a boy and shows promise, he will not inherit.
The guns that were brought back are brought to the weaponsmiths' workshops as well as the homes of known wise men for study. Firearms are expected to be cheapened enough for mass production next year-- but they will likely be unreliable. Still, a sizable edge.
A few months pass since the arrests, and crisis strikes again! Suleiman Solon, the ruler of Darfur, has been assassinated! While this would normally be a good thing considering the chaos Darfur is now in, news have reached us that the assassionation was "ordered" by our sultan! This is, of course, blatant lies and slander since nothing of this caliber was ever ordered. But the regency council of Darfur thinks otherwise and is preparing for war. And a large chunk of our army is still in Kanem, engaged in small skirmishes while the general situation of the war is a stalemate.

Spoiler: Issues (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Army (click to show/hide)
What does Abd Al-Karim do?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2021, 02:33:24 am »

Is there any way to get our army back from Kanem before they try to attack?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2021, 03:02:15 am »

Oh right forgot most our troops were still fighting lets see if some diplomacy can solve this Uhhum

Send a message to the Darfur Sultanate REGENCY COUNCIL stating "May Peace of God be upon you, I Abd al-Karim Al Abbasi swear on God himself that I have no involvement directly or indirectly in the death of your king and while I will admit under more stable times such a situation would be ripe for opportunity now is not that time. As you may of heard threw the grapevines most of my army is currently helping the people of Kanem deal with a revolt and countless issues internally I dare not name send a diplomat to confirm if you must but all they will tell you is confirmation to what I said. Ultimately what I am saying is I lack any motive for wounding your country while my own country is licking its own wounds let us instead work together to figure out who or what could want our countries to weaken each other in a futile war that will end in nothing but more blood in the dessert sand any information you can share on this mystery including how the assassins were able to kill the king in the first place I shall be eternally grateful for. May God grant your king eternal salvation. - Abd al-Karim Al Abbasi"

(Ill let other people write up other actions we could do)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 05:39:15 am by Fluffe9911 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2021, 05:16:38 am »

I like the sound of all that, but I think we might want to skip the part about our army being gone and part of our country hating us, mostly just so they don't decide to attack us anyway because we sound like an easy target.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2021, 05:38:12 am »

I like the sound of all that, but I think we might want to skip the part about our army being gone and part of our country hating us, mostly just so they don't decide to attack us anyway because we sound like an easy target.
Right but they are planning on attacking us anyway and considering they are currently quiet unstable themselves brutal honesty is probably the way to go as mentioning our army being away puts weight behind our words of not having any plan for the king dying will alter the people not liking us thing though cause thats probably something they can use against us long term in hindsight

Of course its possible the REGENCY COUNCIL completely made it up themselves whichcase they simply want to use the kings death as a excuse for a war and nothing we can say or do will effect the outcome and they will declare war on us regardless

Anyway a good way to put it is if they are willing to declare war on you at your strongest it dont matter if your currently at your weakest.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 05:47:42 am by Fluffe9911 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2021, 06:40:22 am »

Sound like we might be attacked no matter what we do so I guess we should just send it as it is.
+1 to the letter.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4