Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [SG] Boring Girl Adventures!  (Read 5847 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
[SG] Boring Girl Adventures!
« on: July 16, 2021, 12:43:35 am »

You're staring at your phone.
Well, there's not a lot else to do right now.

It's a live news stream. You see a large metropolitan city from above. It's the middle of the day, but there are no signs of life. No cars driving around, no pedestrians, and the insides of the shops are closed.
The newsdrone's camera pans, bringing into view the cause of this: It's like a monitor lizard, except with six legs rather than four, and also it's three stories tall and nearly a kilometer long from nose to tail. Covering its back like scales are huge, jagged boulders.

As the monster moves, it casually knocks down buildings in its path, whipping them with its tail or simply walking through them. You're not overly shocked despite the fact that this city was your home. Such destruction is now a daily occurrence. At least nobody is still in those buildings.

You are a 15-year old girl. Your hair is brown, as are your eyes. You are slightly short for someone your age, and quite thin as well. You've never taken an interest in sports or exercise, which means you're not particularly strong and get tired quickly. Your grades in school are okay. Not great, just okay. You've never had difficulty getting along with your peers, but nor have you ever had a very close friendship. You've never really felt like anything important has happened to you in your entire life, though you have been present for such things. Just in the background.

At the moment, you're sitting next to your dad on a train. The car is crowded with many other refugees, none of whom you know or feel like striking up a conversation with. Who would even want to talk to a stranger in this situation, with their home city being torn apart by a kaiju?
Your father is a tall man, with short brown hair. Maybe a little grey, even though he's not very old. He's pointedly looking away from your phone, showing the live destruction of the city he's lived in since you were born, the very city which your mother died defending.

You keep watching the stream. There's still nothing else to do but watch.
The grey, overcast sky over the city starts to break up and swirl into a spiral. A massive circular green portal opens in the air, and the other reason for the evacuation shows up. An uncountable swarm of insects, flying arachnids, and huge worms descend over the skyline. You see one crab with its back covered in tentacles grind up and devour a whole tree in seconds.
With a roar, the monitor lizard kaiju rears up, preparing for battle. It's no friend to the invaders, either.

Your screen briefly turns white as the kaiju fires a thick beam of geothermal energy from its mouth. Once the camera adjusts to the intense brightness, you see the beam tear through masses of the invaders while also burning molten streaks into buildings and the very earth.

The battle is brief. The kaiju is both more intelligent and stronger than the aliens, and there weren't nearly enough of them to win by superior numbers. However, the fight did do a good job of causing massive damage to the city. It now more resembles a ruined pile of rubble.

Except, now, you see somebody down in that rubble. It seems that whoever is operating the camera drone notices as well, as the camera zooms in close.
He's a boy about your age, with bright cyan hair. He's wearing a huge dark grey coat as well as about 8 belts, and in his hands he holds an impractically long curved sword. It shines bright in the noon sun.

Your heart starts racing, both in surprise and unexpected admiration. You immediately develop a crush on this boy.

He points his sword at the monster and shouts so loudly that even the camera drone hovering high in the air can pick up his voice. Possibly on purpose. Heroes are often showoffs. You're glad for it. This is the main form of entertainment you get.

"My name is Kase Inanari Darwin! I bear Hannarosy, the sword of the Chaos Star, which has felled many beasts in this world and the other! Noble beast, I shall return you to the earth!"

What will you do?

* Keep watching.
* Turn off the stream and sit quietly.
* Something else!

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 03:43:25 am by Egan_BW »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Boring Girl Adventures!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 12:57:22 am »

Only eight belts? That's not even glacier-crushing power! Keep watching but also record this tool on our phone for posterity purposes. Maybe we'll get a clue or something for later.
+1, maybe recording the battle wil help us learn a bit more about Kaijus since they seem to be a common occurrence. Was kinda hoping thee arthropods and worms would deal damage, they seemed like they’d do less damage than the lizard, oh well. I wonder how many of the carcasses the lizard left

+1

Also, so that we can *squeeeeee* and fawn after him when we want.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 07:21:29 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 01:03:38 am »

Keeeep watching

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 01:35:16 am »

Keep Watching

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 01:45:48 am »

!gnihctaw peeK
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 01:48:43 am »

!gnihctaw peeK
What's that? could you be more precise?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2021, 01:50:13 am »

Looks like something in txet sdrawkcab to me.

Anyway, Keep Watching. Idly wonder if this hero might be that weird loner kid at school.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2021, 01:57:13 am »

!gnihctaw peeK
It's keep watching but backwards.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2021, 02:05:06 am »

!gnihctaw peeK
It's keep watching but backwards.
Ah thanks, I thought it was “I gonna peek!” broken by autocorrupt
Keep Watching

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2021, 11:41:03 am »

Only eight belts? That's not even glacier-crushing power! Keep watching but also record this tool on our phone for posterity purposes. Maybe we'll get a clue or something for later.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2021, 12:29:41 pm »

+1, maybe recording the battle wil help us learn a bit more about Kaijus since they seem to be a common occurrence. Was kinda hoping thee arthropods and worms would deal damage, they seemed like they’d do less damage than the lizard, oh well. I wonder how many of the carcasses the lizard left

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2021, 07:31:26 pm »

Posting this as a future suggestion!
you want us to…hold a rock that emits red light? I’m not sure what to make of what you sent

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2021, 07:42:11 pm »

The video is a mashup of two different songs, one of the songs is from the Persona series of videogames, the other I dunno probably some weeb shit. The image in the thumbnail is of an anime girl lifting dumbbells, weights used in exercise to make sweet gains. The surrounding red stuff is reminiscent of the style used for the interface in the game Persona 5.
Jack is suggesting that Boring Girl performs strength training at some point in the future, presumably in order to become less weak and unnotable.

Hopefully this explanation is sufficient.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2021, 07:53:13 pm »

The video is a mashup of two different songs, one of the songs is from the Persona series of videogames, the other I dunno probably some weeb shit. The image in the thumbnail is of an anime girl lifting dumbbells, weights used in exercise to make sweet gains. The surrounding red stuff is reminiscent of the style used for the interface in the game Persona 5.
Jack is suggesting that Boring Girl performs strength training at some point in the future, presumably in order to become less weak and unnotable.

Hopefully this explanation is sufficient.
thank you. I agree that strength training is a good idea for the future
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5