Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 9: IC Thread!  (Read 20973 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums 9: IC Thread!
« on: July 18, 2021, 08:18:12 am »

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread!

2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread.

5. Table of Contents:
Prologue: Dreadful Ambience
Chapter 1: The Wheel Starts Spinning
Chapter 2: A Thirst for Begone Days
Chapter 3: The Lost Child
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 12:50:49 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 9: IC Thread!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 08:56:01 am »

Grandkeep, the Office of the King

One pile of ledgers and scrolls was lifted up by the tax officials and moved away from the King's table. King Asfalthe VII rubbed his temples, sighed, and then waved at Prince Seleth standing at his side.

"Alright, fine. Tell the Order of the White Blood that they will receive their donation."

"Ah, thank you, father. You're most generous." With another sigh, King Asfalthe waved his hand at the tax collectors, who brought another pile of documents before him.

"Where's Aland? I have called for him--" The door opened slightly and a guard pushed his head in.

"Your Majesty, Prince Aland is here."

"Finally! Bring him in." Few seconds later, Prince Aland and two of his companions were let inside the chamber. King Asfalthe waved at the finance officials.

"Begone! This is not for your ears. We will resume our prowl through your documents at later time." The various scholars and nobles bowed their heads and hurriedly left, while Aland made his way to the table.

"You've called for me, Father."

"That is right! What took you so long??"

"I was-"

"Nevermind, that is not important right now. You two." King Asfalthe looked at Argos von Bodin and Casslan Blackfield with a stern gaze.

"We're about to discuss matters of highest military secrecy, at least for now. Can I trust you two?"

"Speak honestly! If your will and tongues aren't tight enough to keep this discussion to yourselves, leave my father's presence at once!" King Asfalthe nodded in approval of Seleth's words. Aland silently glanced at his companions...

//Argos von Bodin and Casslan Blackfield are now in-game!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 03:00:37 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 10:46:07 am »

Casslan quietly fell down to his left knee and bowed his head when addressed.

"Yes, your grace."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 01:20:24 pm »

Argos had entered nonchalantly into the royal chamber, hands behind his head. "I maybe loud but I know how to keep a secret, your majesty." The boy spoke in his usual casual tone. He shot out a thumbs up towards the king which was followed by a big smile, "You can count on me!"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:22:39 pm by Aurorix »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 02:06:27 pm »

Alan looked at his companions, then at his father, the King.

"If I didn't trust them completely, I would have not brought them here." King Asfalthe nodded in agreement.

"Good... you will need protection from this day forward."

"Something's wrong?"

"Indeed! There are reports of missing travelers in the mountains, some strange beasts stalking the hills, and what's worse, bandits and deserters coming from the direction of Khernell."

"Is Khernell..."

"There was no declaration of war, nor there are any troop movements spotted by our spies and agents. Something else must be happening in the territory of our neighbours."

"Isn't Cymon commanding the Ironclaw garrison currently? What does his reports say?"

"That's the problem, Aland."

"The procedures for Ironclaw commander state that in case of such activities, they're supposed to send a report every two days... and Cymon did... until last week."

"What?!"

"It's been seven days since the latest report by Lady Artaud, Ironclaw's resident courier. Since then, there was no word from Cymon. Not a single messenger came. On the first day of delay, we thought nothing of it, after all, delays can happen to anyone..."

"But a daymore passed, and another, and there was still no word. Three days ago we've secretly sent a messenger of our own, on fastest pegasus we had... he should've been back yesterday."

"You know how dutiful and reliable Cymon is. For him to cease all contact is... foreboding, to say the least."

"Aland, pack whatever necessities you need and head towards Ironclaw Fortress. If you meet up with either messenger, bring them here as fast as possible for questioning. If not, get to Ironclaw and survey the situation with your own eyes. Go, and bring us the news - any news - as fast as possible. Do you understand?"

"Of course, Father. We will not fail you."

"Go then! Do not come back until you learn what's wrong with Ironclaw! Seleth!"

"Yes, Father?" King Asfalthe waved dismissively at the side door.

"Bring those scribblers back. We need to continue our duties."

"Right away. Good luck, Aland!"

"Father, Seleth." Aland bowed his head in respect and led his two companions out of the door, just as the older of brothers let the scribes and officials back into the office.

"..." Aland stood in silence outside the office for a brief moment, before turning to his bodyguards.

"You two need anything done before we leave?"
SigFlags!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 02:51:27 pm »

"Aside from gathering the essentials for traveling, no, your Highness."

Of course that could be left to servants but no self-respecting bodyguard or advisor wouldn't supervise the process or do it themselves. The scenario seemed suspicious and their scouting mission dangerous, but it was just part of work.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2021, 02:59:01 pm »

Can't say this whole turn of events wasn't concerning. Argos would like to think maybe its just some beasties causing ruckus, but... The boy shook his head lightly, best not to worry too much. Just think of this as some cool adventure out into the countryside.

"Heh heh, don't worry! We'll be back before you know it AND with good news I'm sure!" Argos pounded his fist into his chest a couple for emphasis. He followed the prince & Casslan out of the chamber.

The boy shrugged, "Eh, I've got my sword on me and that's all I really need." He gestures his head to the giant wooden sword strapped to his back. "Though... I suppose I should let my mom and pops know where we're heading. Don't wanna worry 'em by disappearing without a word ya know?"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:23:40 pm by Aurorix »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2021, 03:13:03 pm »

"I see... well, then, do what you must and let's gather at the you courtyard--" The door opened, and Prince Seleth himself left the office.

"Aland! Take this." Seleth pushed something into Aland's hand. The youngest prince lifted the trinket.

"A... Hestian Ring? You're giving me your ring? Why?" Seleth grimaced.

"That's not mine, actually. It's Cymon's, he left for Ironclaw without it."

"..." Aland stared at the simple, golden band in his hand.

"I do not like this."

"You and me both, my brother. Go now, see what's happening there. Now, I need to return to work..." Seleth re-entered the office, while Aland pocketed the signet.

"Right. I will wait for you two at the courtyard." That said, the Prince marched down the corridor.

//Aland gets Hestian Ring!
SigFlags!

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2021, 03:57:51 pm »

"Courtyard, got it!" Argos nodded, "I'll be quick I promise!" The boy then rushes down the corridor.

-----

When the boy arrives back at the courtyard he is with a noticeably stuffed pack on his back. "S-sorry that took longer than expected... I'm ready to head out now though!" There's a mix of embarrassment and annoyance in his tone.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:24:04 pm by Aurorix »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2021, 08:19:31 pm »

Casslan was unwilling to let the matter lie without analysis when it could help him do his job better. To be honest, it had been odd from the beginning, starting with the heir apparent overseeing the operations of a fort in a hot border, which sounded like a move to get rid of him. Leaving the ring behind also meant that he'd expected to be killed off or that Crown Prince Cymon had a deathwish much like Casslan—which sounded fanciful to put it lightly.

But who would set up such a betrayal plot? Prince Seleth? Then why did he give Aland the ring? Was it an elaborate way to incriminate Prince Aland, pushing the fratricidal scheme onto the younger sibling's hands?

...While that inevitably sounded like paranoia, he had been taught to be paranoid in his charge's stead, which was why he planned for the worst rather than the the possibility the crown prince was alive and well. Still, there was something important he couldn't avoid pointing out, and when he showed up at the courtyard he voiced his thoughts.

"I believe that's us ready to depart. Your Highness, does his grace the King know that his highness the Crown Prince left his ring behind when that is such a bad omen? It might be worth asking around to see who knew about this."

"If something bothered your Highness's brother, it is information worth having before departure."
>Yes?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2021, 02:41:19 pm »

Prince Aland waited for the two at the courtyard. He solemnly nodded to his companions and they begun their journey south, the Prince constantly brooding and worried...

Half a day north of Ironclaw Fortress

Prince Aland crossed a scenic little bridge over similarily scenic little stream.

"...and the worst thing of all, the countryside looks just so... serene. It's as if the region didn't suffer from all those weird problems... wait, what's that??"

The thugs and traitors closed in on Adrienne.

"Alrighty, 'Lady Adrienne'. Lemme put it this way. First time you refused, I chopped down your friend. Second, I chopped the wing of your fuckin' horsie. Third time's the charm. Surrender whatever damn thing you're so bent on deliverin', or I you will get axe'd. Or even better, first me and my boys gonna have a way with you, then I will chop yer head off!"

//Adrienne Artaud is now in-game!

"That pegasus is wearing Hestian colors! Their rider might be in trouble, we must help! Onwards!"

PLAYER TURN: 1

Objectives:
Primary: Ensure safety of Adrienne Artaud by defeating all enemies.
Secondary: Prove your might by withstanding a hit from Polar's Devil Axe without getting KO'd.

Map Info:
Enemy stats are here!
Adrienne Artaud's pegasus was gravely wounded and cannot Fly; its movement type is Horseback for duration of this Chapter.

Spoiler: HP listing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 02:49:20 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2021, 03:06:40 pm »

"Moving as ordered. Please stay close and behind us, your Highness."

Casslan to 5, 6.

"Come towards us!" the soldier shouted as he climbed to a vantage point, trying to draw the rider's attention, a hatchet with a curved haft in his left hand and a shield covering most of his right arm.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 11:39:24 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2021, 03:26:59 pm »

"You don't need to tell me twice!" Argos says to Aland scrambling to get his sword out and put on his hood.

"Vile Miscreants! You'll not lay another hand on her! Not if WE have anything to say about it!" He points his blade towards the men with axes, "Give up now and you may keep your lives!"

Argos to 4, 6
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:24:27 pm by Aurorix »

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2021, 11:00:51 pm »

Grimacing at the sight of her fallen companion, and perhaps filled with seemingly impotent rage at the wounds her family's pride and joy now bore Adrienne was just about ready to charge in to at least try and take one of them out with her. But now that she had the hope of reinforcements at last, she instead held her pegasi by the reins, and tried desperately to make her way back to relative safety, and finally deliver her message.
Artaud moves to 4,5 and dismounts.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 06:02:28 am by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2021, 11:26:34 pm »

"Give up now and you may keep your lives!"

"What say we fight side by side to protect both his Highness and the escaping messenger?" he politely put, noticing Argos was likely to rush in.
>Yes?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29