Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 9: IC Thread!  (Read 20970 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 9: IC Thread!
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2021, 07:38:49 am »

"And when did that take place?" While tragic, that wasn't an unexpected result.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2021, 07:44:38 am »

Aland stood there in silence for a short moment only.

"This cannot be the truth. Who... who told you these lies!?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2021, 09:34:32 am »

Adrienne slowly shook her head.
: "I'm afraid not. Prince Cymon fought valiantly in order to break the siege, but they overwhelmed us. I was there when they rushed him back inside of the fort, and I was there when he... breathed his last."
: "That was five days ago. I'm... sorry for your loss."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2021, 10:20:01 am »

"The King needs to be informed of this as soon as possible, your Highness."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2021, 11:52:55 am »

"I-I..."

There was a heavy sigh as the Prince's eyes fell to stare at the grassy ground.

"Is the siege lifted on Ironclaw? We're just few hours away from it, aren't you, miss Arnaud?"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2021, 06:29:11 am »

Adrienne's expression soured for a moment as she watched the Prince's reaction, but she shifts back to her usual stone faced demeanor quickly enough.
: "We've only managed to break the siege this morning, if only for long enough to send me out with this message, but I'm not sure if Fort Ironclaw can hold out for much longer if the Khernellians manage to regroup."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2021, 11:25:49 am »

Casslan had a bad feeling about Prince Aland's following decision, but the advice had already been given.
>Yes?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2021, 12:03:08 pm »

"Right, then it's settled." Aland sheathed his rapier.

"Miss Arnaud, ride forth to the capital and inform my father of what has transpired. Tell him we are right behind you. Demanding as he is, I'm sure he will loathe sending me or Seleth to frontlines, and I would rather not provoke his anger."
SigFlags!

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2021, 08:58:59 pm »

The boy was listening intently to Adrienne's report. The grip on his left sleeve, from his right hand, through his crossed arms only grew tighter as the information grew only darker. Though it was a bit of relief that the siege had been broken, the boy isn't quite content on leaving and turning back.

"I don't quite like the idea of us just leaving the fort to fend for themselves when we could head over and do something. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth." He lets out a sigh,

"Although, I doubt only 3 more people could amount to much to help..." The boy trails off. He knew his limits and there's no way he could take on multiple trained soldiers without some more back up. "Still! There has to be something we can do other than turn tail and head back!"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:26:12 pm by Aurorix »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2021, 09:03:27 pm »

"I believe your decision is the right one, your Highness. It would be cruel to leave the King unaware." Casslan had been pleasantly surprised Aland had taken the careful option.
>Yes?

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2021, 12:13:11 am »

Adrienne simply nods in response.
: "Yes my Prince, I will leave right away."
And to her credit, the messenger only stopped for long enough to lift up her spear, and make sure that her pegasi could survive the rest of their trip, before she hopped on and rode off towards the capital.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2021, 02:46:29 am »

"You said it yourself, Argos. Whether the castle holds, falls, or is still fighting, three won't make any difference. Let's go." Prince Aland looked in direction of Ironclaw Fortress, then started marching north, brooding and unhappy.

Grandkeep, the Office of the King

"I do not care! If he didn't take the ring with him, you should've informed me! You should've sent a courier to deliver it! Hero Asfalthe forged these few, precious rings, for himself and his children, for the very purpose of safeguarding the lives of his family and their descendants! How could you dissappoint me like this, Seleth!"

"Father-"

"Do not 'father' me! I've lost my heir! I've lost my eldest son to something that could, possibly, maybe, have been prevented! And you, what you have to say?" King Asfalthe turned to Aland, seated in the back, with Argos, Casslan and Adrienne right behind him.

"...I was going to say something, but you wouldn't like it. I choose to remain silent." The King grimaced in fury, stomped about for a moment, sighed, and sat down in his chair with a slouch.

"I should be marching with all my nobles and levies to Khernell right now. Raze every castle and town..."

"That would be unwise, Father. We don't know whether its Khernell themselves or one of the rebel factions responsible for Cymon's death..." The King glared at Crown Prince Seleth, but did not say anything.

"So the news are really true? That there is... a civil war, in Khernell?"

"I see the word spreads quickly, hmph. Our agents are still sifting through reports that came this morning. They're still identifiying who is who in this conflict..." The King crossed his arms, and stared at the window for quite a while. A gust of wind blew the curtains ajar, letting bright sunlight onto the King's eyes. After a moment, he turned to look at his desk. Then...

"When a child is lost by a father,"

"When a nation breaks apart,"

"When ill news arrives on white wings,"

"When the tenth generation of fifty sees its end,"

"The monsters will rise again,"

"And the end of the world shall begin."

"What??" "What??"

"Its a prophecy, I think... Your mother read it to me once or twice. I dismissed it as writings of Umbral lunatics, but...."

"Umbral? As in, Umbral script? Was that prophecy written by Monsters?"

"It seems like it? Your mother liked ancient history and linguistic work. Including Umbral. While I learned to command troops and rule the administration as my father - your grandfather - began losing his health to the illness, she would in meanwhile surround herself with books and scholars. She told me that a friend of hers, Erif, a religious scholar, brought this translated prophecy to her attention. I remembered about it when Lady Adrienne brought the news of Cymon's death. Took me a while to find your mother's old papers..."

"Can we trust a Monster-written prophecy like this?"

"That's... what we must find out. Monster-written or not, there's way too many events fitting into narrative right now. The first line is obvious, and the second is too. Lady Adrienne brought the 'ill news' while riding her pegasus, which has white wings. And if we take the fourth line as a mathematical riddle of sorts, then ten times fifty is five hundred - we're just a decade away from that number... Your mother first spoke about it twenty years ago... Perhaps, it is indeed, genuine thing. Father Erif might know better."

"You've mentioned this 'Erif' twice now, father, who is he?"

"There's one scholar, a man of the cloth, in his fifties, who's called Erif, in entirety of Hestia. Father Erif, he is in charge of the Temple of Our Lady of the Solemn Oath, where many Umi-worshipping scholars come to study in peace and security of its thick walls."

"I shall visit him personally and-"

"No! Seleth, you're not leaving the capital city on any errand right now. You're the Crown Prince and heir to the throne. Aland will go." The Princes looked at each other, and bowed their heads in submission.

"As you wish, Father."

"Guards, find out if Lady Rodvaric has packed already, and bring her here." The pair of guards bowed and left the office on their errand.

"Ivy?"

"Yes, as it turns out, she studied under Father Erif for few months, or so I've been told. He might not be very talkative, so I thought that the sight of former pupil might loosen his tongue." The King stood up and walked up to where Aland's companions were seated.

Lady Adrienne, I'm relieving you from your post as Ironclaw messenger. Someone else will take your place. From now on, you are to accompany Aland and his two bodyguards. Is that understood?"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 03:01:13 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2021, 08:37:23 am »

Casslan had nothing to comment on the matter, even more so because he hadn't been addressed by any of the royals and therefore defaulted to silence. The talk of prophecy had been one he hadn't expected though, especially with how stressed and irate the king had been.
>Yes?

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2021, 03:18:17 pm »

"A prophecy huh? About the end of the world?" The boy slams his fist into his open palm,

"Not if I have anything to say about it! I'm sure there's got to be a way to stop it and if there's not I'll just cleave through the monster hoard and make one!"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:27:36 pm by Aurorix »

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2021, 06:41:58 am »

Adrienne's response was comparatively more muted as the former messenger simply bowed before the king.
: "Yes my Liege, I understand."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29