Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chaos in Large Town keep - any advice on how to figure out what's going on?  (Read 1799 times)

TranquilRiverGiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I walked to this keep and there is a bunch of fighting. Several are dead. I want to figure out who the bad guys are but it seems like there's just a chain of people killing each other and everybody else is sort of standing there like "This is a battle! I am afraid!". Are there any game mechanics / dfhacks to decipher the situation?

This does seem to be deeper than just a bug, as the previous ruler of this civ was just killed and another just took his place...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 05:23:33 am by TranquilRiverGiant »

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile

When you are away from creatures who hold grievances against eachother they kill themselves much more slowly via offscreen history generation. Current agression system is bugged to make them enter open combat on every opportunity when they decide they are likely to win.

Since goblins and humans don't like eachother too much it resulted in slaughter.

It is also possible that they are not in any treaties of non-agression at all. They were simply fighting like that for days but until the battle is finished than if you encounter them they will start fighting as if they just began and everyone is alive. I encountered once a night troll on fast travel screen being very close to a goblin patrol for ridiculous amount of time. When I let goblins ambush me the night troll attacked them but no one was injured on start.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

TranquilRiverGiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting note, given your explanation:

I added [NATURAL_SKILL:DISCIPLINE:2] to the human raws and it generated a world where not only this wasn't a problem, but humans no longer cohabitated with goblins in their major towns.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

ok looking at that screen it seems like a bunch of goblins stood next to each other and got super mad and started throwing hands which spark into a deathmatch, and given where you are by the time you reach the door they would have already got angry from being so bunch up together.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes