Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Defeat the Dragon  (Read 9717 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Defeat the Dragon
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2021, 07:58:32 am »

((Shapeshifting into something larger than you will lower your density, if the dragon wants to shapeshifting into something larger and thus more easily kill us, its density would decrease, this coming from a non-shapeshifter))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2021, 09:42:05 am »

Dragons are often shapeshifters so it's possible that the concept of sex doesn't really apply to it.
May i ask then, why hasn't it already shapeshifted into an instant TPK yet, then?
Assuming magical energy can be converted to mass, it has not built up a sufficient amount of power to do so. Otherwise, the laws of physics state that it would actually be better to shape-shift into something smaller, thereby increasing density and in turn resilience to damage as well as sheer physical force output. The dragon has been almost solely using physical attacks thus far so unless that changes, they want to be smaller.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2021, 09:52:29 am »

Dragons are often shapeshifters so it's possible that the concept of sex doesn't really apply to it.
May i ask then, why hasn't it already shapeshifted into an instant TPK yet, then?
Assuming magical energy can be converted to mass, it has not built up a sufficient amount of power to do so. Otherwise, the laws of physics state that it would actually be better to shape-shift into something smaller, thereby increasing density and in turn resilience to damage as well as sheer physical force output. The dragon has been almost solely using physical attacks thus far so unless that changes, they want to be smaller.
((yep, I mentioned basically to opposite consequence of this, if it turned into something bigger density would decrease

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2021, 10:13:38 am »

Of foam dragons and bismuth girls...

I think you guys are just overthinking this. :P Most cases of shapeshifting in media don't give a rat's ass about conservation of mass. Besides if you want to be smaller to increase density, you'd shapeshift into a something like a small dagger and deliver sudden head pain. It would be an equivalently effective TPK.
According to Occam's razor, why try to search for a complicated explanation when a simple one already exists? It just can't shapeshift or hasn't thought of it.

Besides, this is a RTD, if someone says "transform dragon into dagger and instakill everyone." the dice will decide whether that happens :)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2021, 10:33:58 am »

-SNIP-
(Another thing, I added a hint of plot and everybody is completely ignoring it. Feels bad.)

Because we're too busy killing the dragon to bother with any supposed "plot".
it's over

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2021, 12:19:33 pm »

-SNIP-
(Another thing, I added a hint of plot and everybody is completely ignoring it. Feels bad.)

Because we're too busy killing the dragon to bother with any supposed "plot".

(You have a damn good point.  :D)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2021, 05:17:46 pm »

The next turn will be up by tomorrow!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2021, 05:46:05 pm »

"Ah well that backfired"
Get the dragon some first aid and water.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 05:52:25 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2021, 12:13:00 pm »

Something came up and I’m gonna have to put this on hold for a week or two. I apologize. :(

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2021, 01:49:48 pm »

That’s fine

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2021, 02:20:40 am »

Something came up and I’m gonna have to put this on hold for a week or two. I apologize. :(
sorry for double posting, you still planning on running this? Or did it slip your mind?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2021, 02:26:20 am »

I'm also hoping this come back.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2021, 06:35:52 pm »

I'm also hoping this come back.

You know what? I was planning on dropping this, But I guess I could go on for a few more pages. Next update should be in a day or two.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2021, 11:46:21 am »

bump
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2021, 03:30:04 pm »

bump 2: electric boogaloo
it's over
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6