Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Playing As Werebeast Prevents Being Afraid From Experiencing Trauma  (Read 2334 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile

Now I can play adventure mode without suffering from PTSD as a result of slaying sapients but only in full moon.

Just letting you know.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Brabygg

• Bay Watcher
  • unknown frozen plant substance
    • View Profile
Re: Playing As Werebeast Prevents Being Afraid From Experiencing Trauma
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 06:31:01 am »

I'm 90% certain that your thoughts don't matter at all in adventure mode.
Quote from: Lytha
...dwarves rolling through the corridors in the shape of amorphous, obese globs of fat don't quite seem to be as much of a good thing as dwarves running around with a "very tough" line in their description though.
Generation 2: Add this phrase to your signature, but replace one word in it with one of its synonyms. BETTER social experiment.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 09:06:55 am »

As in there's nothing thoughts actually prevent you from doing? Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're correct. I'm honestly a bit more of a roleplayer than many adventurers though so I'll sometimes let my readings of my character's thoughts influence my actions, but in actual mechanical terms adventurer thoughts are entirely inconsequential. If your character is traumatized from killing people, ultimately that's not a barrier to how many people you'll have them kill in the future.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 12:42:59 pm »

A negative thought can cause an adventurer to become enraged if you know which personality traits to emphasize and I think actually managing to make your adventurer go insane disables dodging, based on arena mode stress testing.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 06:20:08 am »

Now I can play adventure mode without suffering from PTSD as a result of slaying sapients but only in full moon.

Just letting you know.
One wonders if this is because of the character temporarily having NOFEAR token...

A negative thought can cause an adventurer to become enraged if you know which personality traits to emphasize and I think actually managing to make your adventurer go insane disables dodging, based on arena mode stress testing.
Only a -3 to anger PC/NPC (never comes angry) is immune to becoming "enraged-at-all-enemies!" when hit hard enough in combat. -2 and -1 limit the effect from conversations.

An enraged PC/NPC is limited to wild attack (2 tick prepare, 5 tick recover), and adjacent tile dodge, maintaining contact with their enemy. No way to mitigate this by jumping away either to wait out the status effect.

But yeah, if you want total control over a PC, give them -3 to anger.

+3 to closemindedness shuts down a values/persuader spammer just so a character doesn't acquire new ideas, given conversations like combat, are without context.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 01:56:08 am »

I know that giving my adventurer certain personality downplays the role of stress. I just dislike the fact that killing sapients who deserve to die cause trauma regardless of apathy unless you have [NOFEAR].
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.