Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Powercreep RPS: A game by Egan_BW. I will run it unless they decide to take over  (Read 1425 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Powercreep RPS:

The person at the top of the waitlist gets to pick someone else to duel.
Whoever wins must add a new symbol to the standard RPS, selecting up to half rounded-down of existing symbols for the new symbol to beat.
Currently we have the following matchups
Rock beats Scissors and loses to Paper
Paper beats Rock and loses to Scissors
Scissors beats Paper and loses to Rock

The winner of the first duel will make a new symbol and choose ((3/2=1.5) rounded down=[1]) symbol for the new symbol to beat, being beaten by the symbols it doesn’t beat. If there is a tie, both players can make a symbol

How duels will work
There will be a list of combatants, the one at the top of the list may choose to duel anyone else on the list. Both duelists will PM me their moves, then I will post their choices on the thread and say who wins, and how many symbols the newest symbol will need to beat. The winner, in the thread, will create their symbol and what it beats. Then, I will post the new matchup list containing the new symbol and its strengths and weaknesses and the new list, the duelist at the top of the list last match will be moved to the bottom and the second top duelist will be moved to the top. If I end up being chosen to duel, I will use a randomizer to determine what I pick to make it more fair to the PMer. The same person cannot be dueled twice in a row. If there are any questions, ((use double parentheses)) As this is a relatively simple game, you can do flavor actions if you so wish. If you’d rather I take myself out of the waitlist, ((say so and I will comply))

Let the game begin
Currently we have the following matchups
Rock beats Scissors and loses to Paper
Paper beats Rock and loses to Scissors
Scissors beats Paper and loses to Rock

Waitlist
roseheart
NG1999
King Zultan
a1s
[?]

If I end up at the top, I will also use a randomized to pick my opponent too, if a new player wants to wait for a 3rd player to have a choice of opponents, they can say so
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 03:03:30 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Looking at tall buildings and feeling small
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

I might need help with making a new symbol, but I'll give it a shot. I don't usually play games because too much complexity (for me) but I should at least try something based on rock, paper, scissors.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I asked Siri to pick a number between 1 and 3, 1 being rock, 2 being paper, 3 being scissors. I have the answer locked and it won’t change based on your response. Can I trust you to not quote this message? Send your response via PM or since it’s against me I guess you can post it in thread. This post will be unedited and will be quoted in the upcoming match report to prove no changes occurred
Rock

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might need help with making a new symbol, but I'll give it a shot. I don't usually play games because too much complexity (for me) but I should at least try something based on rock, paper, scissors.
Pick between rock, paper and scissors. My choice has already been randomized and is in transparent text in my previous post which is unedited and will remain such

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Do we have to PM stuff or can we just put it in a spoiler?)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you trust your opponent won’t cheat, you could put it in a spoiler if you want
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 10:00:41 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The edit to. Y most recent post just added “if you want” to the end of it

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Throw me in the waitlist.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Sounds interesting, sign me up.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You wanna pick the opponent? The fact about the transparent answer still stands, and that quote will not get edited to prove that I didn’t/won’t cheat

Question to everyone, who wants to go first? I can shuffle the waitlist if roseheart doesn’t pick an opponent
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 01:01:36 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

I'm confused.
Awesome With Autism

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're at the top of the waitlist, pick an opponent and a symbol. if you no longer wish to be at the top, I can use a random sequence generator, link everyone to a number, and put the current people in a new waitlist order depending on the result
Nvm, saw your message
I asked Siri to pick a number between 1 and 3, 1 being rock, 2 being paper, 3 being scissors. I have the answer locked and it won’t change based on your response. Can I trust you to not quote this message? Send your response via PM or since it’s against me I guess you can post it in thread. This post will be unedited and will be quoted in the upcoming match report to prove no changes occurred
Rock

you can click the link in the quote and quote that to prove that I didn't cheat. Since it's a tie, we both create a symbol and are both moved to the bottom of the waitlist and have a battle cooldown.
Since we both won, we'll need to apply the formula twice. One of us makes a symbol that beats one symbol and loses to the other 2, and one of us makes a symbol that beats 2 and loses to the other 2 (not necessarily the same ones)
Tell me whether you'd like to make symbol 4 or symbol 5
3/2 rounded down=1
4/2 rounded down=2
right now it does matter who makes their symbol first
roseheart, if you like, I can change my result to scissors so you don't have to worry about the tie so early into the game

Matchups Awaiting Symbols
Rock beats loses to
Paper beats loses to
Scissors beats loses to
Symbol 4 beats loses to
Symbol 5 beats loses to

Current Waitlist
King Zultan
a1s
roseheart
NG1999
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 09:05:16 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

That's fine, am I good for this round?
Awesome With Autism

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, just name a symbol and mention which existing symbol it beats and I’ll add it to the updated matchups, then king Zultan can pick the opponent…with 4 people it looks like the battles will be locked as they are until someone else joins, then there’d be more than one other person off cooldown

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

I am sad that this died.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: [1] 2