Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Idle games (2)  (Read 16088 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Idle games (2)
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2023, 05:32:14 pm »

Idle Skilling and Legends of Idleon are made by the same developer (Lavaflame2), who seems to have something of a problem with overmonetization of their games, and prioritizing adding in money-making things over fixing bugs and making the game fun to play.
They're not *bad* games if you stick to the free side of things, but they are frustrating to play after a bit.

I gotta disagree. As a longtime player of IdleOn, I have regularly seen free updates with much greater quality and quantity than the paid stuff. And the paid stuff is not remotely necessary for experiencing everything IdleOn has to offer.
The banner-ads can be just a tad aggressive, taking up a good chunk of the screen and blocking other portions of the interface; but only for a few seconds when first logging in.

Honestly, for a game to see such frequent and significant content updates, far outpacing any other idle game I've played, I think the monetization is completely fair.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Idle games (2)
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2023, 06:53:46 pm »

Idle Skilling and Legends of Idleon are made by the same developer (Lavaflame2), who seems to have something of a problem with overmonetization of their games, and prioritizing adding in money-making things over fixing bugs and making the game fun to play.

They're not *bad* games if you stick to the free side of things, but they are frustrating to play after a bit.

I'm not even sure if the monetization is the reason. I think he's just an amateur programmer who wouldn't know how to begin fixing the bugs.

Edit: wouldn't know to to begin, *if* he felt like fixing bugs, which he doesn't.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 12:23:45 pm by Iduno »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]