Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Shadows of Forbidden Gods - Grand Apocalyptic Strategy Game  (Read 25634 times)

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows of Forbidden Gods - Grand Apocalyptic Strategy Game
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2021, 08:59:42 pm »

« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 05:40:11 pm by axiomsofdominion »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2022, 02:41:18 pm »

SoFG is a refinement/improvement of SBtT2.  Might be worth seeing how that refinement/improvement occurred.
If nothing else, you'll probably want to be able to play a campaign to completion as the Laughing God to see SoFG's political stuff (and the player's ability to manipulate that) at its fullest.  She That Feasts can sorta just damage the world then roll over everyone as she gets bigger and bigger, so its not as good a way to explore the political side of things.

The newest beta, which I haven't been able to explore yet, has added relatives of heroes/rulers and relations based upon that.  Apparently, if a hero kills another hero, the deceased hero's family will come after that hero, even if they should be uniting to destroy the Elder God.

Bloodwarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • im themysteriousgamer on youtube
    • View Profile
    • themysteriousgamer
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2022, 10:54:57 am »

New update also next two updates soon are to be ophiniam and magic https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1741640/view/3103543624626789895

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2022, 12:15:25 pm »

Slowly getting more interesting but for me it's still in "interesting curiosity but not much staying power" territory.

There's a ton going on and I feel like it could be fun in that dorfs/rimworld/etc emergent storytelling way but it doesn't feel like there's enough meat on the bones yet for anything beyond "we got the king enshadowed and won the game."

Speaking of which, has anybody gotten the first daughter yet?  She comes from a random event, the daughters are a weird flagellant cult that believes being alive is an unpardonable sin, the event causes one of their leaders to see you and go insane.  If you take an agent to that location she'll join as a minion and if you take that minion to a desert location with a human soul modifier you get the first daughter, which is a giant ghost that acts as an army (with one daughter minion it had 80 HP, apparently more daughter minions gets more army power).  The first daughter can only stand on desert hexes but she spreads desert to adjacent locations.  If you've done a bit of softening up she seems like an easy wincon, without armies that can take an 80 strength unit even big kingdoms just get rolled over and the conquest gains for razing are pretty huge.  Won the game after three or four razes.
Shoes...

Bloodwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • themysteriousgamer
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2022, 04:38:20 pm »

yes the first daughter is kinda easy to get most of the time.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2022, 05:28:12 pm »

The starting HP may be random, I had one with 40 HP. Still helped a lot.

Bloodwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • themysteriousgamer
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2022, 04:35:51 pm »

It’s not random it’s according to how many Daughters you have before you spawn the first daughter

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2022, 11:59:54 am »

So what are the things that people really want to see in the game that aren't there yet or even aren't on the roadmap bobby posted?

Also do people have any or know of any general big complaints?

The interface is kind of a weak spot for me but you can get passed that by just grinding through gameplay until you get it. I do enjoy doing shadowy politics shit and this game is pretty high up there for that, although mostly from lack of competitors.

Bloodwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • themysteriousgamer
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2022, 06:52:39 pm »

Did a overview of the newest beta update magic OVERVIEW OF MAGIC: Shadows of the Forbidden Gods
https://youtu.be/c4_Qsrcghu8

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2022, 04:37:01 pm »

Surprising to bring this up after a while, but SOFG has been played by indie showcaser Splattercat. Great to see that it's been given a bit more attention as a result.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2022, 05:42:15 pm »

Surprising to bring this up after a while, but SOFG has been played by indie showcaser Splattercat. Great to see that it's been given a bit more attention as a result.

Bobby had a sponsered stream by Nookrium, and Splattercat saw it and did an unsponsored stream. Which is great. Bigger audience and he did it on his own. I am not a huge fan of paying streamers to play games but in this case it paid off hard because he got a stream from a much bigger fish for free.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 10:32:01 pm by axiomsofdominion »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2022, 08:52:28 pm »

Oh didn't realize! Good to know though.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2022, 10:25:56 pm »

Is this game worth getting?

Or will it be similar to Ruinarch with barely any development and stuck in Early-Access hell? I've been very paranoid about games like this since Towns. Ruinarch was the straw that broke the camel's back for me, in terms of taking Early-Access stuff seriously.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2022, 10:41:16 pm »

Is this game worth getting?

Or will it be similar to Ruinarch with barely any development and stuck in Early-Access hell? I've been very paranoid about games like this since Towns. Ruinarch was the straw that broke the camel's back for me, in terms of taking Early-Access stuff seriously.

Holy crap Towns. An old reference indeed. Wow. Yeah what a shitshow. Running the game in a static constructor lmao.

Bobby makes pretty frequent changes and is active on discord.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7