Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Uncontroversial ideas thread  (Read 13241 times)

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uncontroversial ideas thread
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2021, 10:04:02 pm »

Dairy cows are a major source of greenhouse gasses. 1
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2021, 01:15:54 am »

Dairy cows are also a major source of milk!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2021, 07:27:53 am »

I mean yeah it's fairly controversial that like half of the biomass of all mammals is cows, that we keep pregnant throughout their life, to flood the market with a heavily subsidized product that isn't all that precious in your diet besides maybe a few slices of cheese and a creamy sauce a day. There is layers of controversy here hell there is even white supremacists groups that drink milk as a symbol, because caucasian types tend to be less lactose intolerant statistically.

Sorry to ruin milk, I don't even get angry at milk like a good controversy but it is what it is.
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2021, 08:42:34 am »

Commence the milk wars

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2021, 12:34:44 pm »

I mean yeah it's fairly controversial that like half of the biomass of all mammals is cows, that we keep pregnant throughout their life, to flood the market with a heavily subsidized product that isn't all that precious in your diet besides maybe a few slices of cheese and a creamy sauce a day. There is layers of controversy here hell there is even white supremacists groups that drink milk as a symbol, because caucasian types tend to be less lactose intolerant statistically.

Sorry to ruin milk, I don't even get angry at milk like a good controversy but it is what it is.
Yeah this.
I enjoy cheese on occasion, but hoo yeah milk is controversial as heck.  Or as meat, really.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2021, 01:54:11 pm »

milk

milk man bad... okay, then I submit... uh, traditionally fired bricks? They're a good building material and not too bad for the environment to produce!

//Discourse addition//
Also, wouldn't animal husbandry just be bad in general? The amount of land needed to raise and graze cattle specifically is insane... not to mention that cows are friend-shaped and many farms are pretty nasty (but I guess thats the nature of farming in many cases)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2021, 02:33:06 pm »

You shouldn't eat poop, unless you have a strong preference to do so and are able to make legal decisions.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2021, 05:43:37 pm »

Or if it's medically necessary!

Though I think they don't apply it orally in that case, usually? Sometimes you need some put in you for some reason or another, though. Doc'll figure it out at that point, probably...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2021, 05:50:57 pm »

I'd wager that poop transplantations are done anally, not orally.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2021, 05:58:11 pm »

I'd argue that even if medically necessary, fecal transplantation isn't uncontroversial. I mean, it's the right idea, but there's probably lots of people who'd object to it.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2021, 07:37:11 pm »

Fun fact it's actually frozen fecal pills that are typically ingested. It's wack.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2021, 07:45:35 pm »

I don't know, I've seen a documentary online...

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2021, 09:19:26 pm »

//Discourse addition//
Also, wouldn't animal husbandry just be bad in general? The amount of land needed to raise and graze cattle specifically is insane... not to mention that cows are friend-shaped and many farms are pretty nasty (but I guess thats the nature of farming in many cases)
Not necessarily. 1st, much of the land that cattle are raised on is not really suitable for much else - either because the soil is wrong, the rain isn't reliable, or because the hail storms are reliable. 2nd, much of our fertile farm land that we do grow crops on were made that way by great herds of ruminants and vast flocks of birds - and our constant mono-culture farming of that land is not sustainable even with "fertilizer". Ideally, we should renew those lands the same way nature created them.

Then there is the issue that with too much of the land we farm crops on, we can only do so by pumping water out of the ground - which also unsustainable.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2021, 01:19:59 am »

New uncontroversial idea is that no matter what we do we are completely fucked!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2021, 04:50:57 am »

Should've stayed a virgin
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16