Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Uncontroversial ideas thread  (Read 13178 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uncontroversial ideas thread
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2021, 01:37:12 pm »

As a contemporary human not aspiring to be an Olympian, I would prefer to have more arms and legs, the more arms and legs one has, the more tasks can be done simultaneously, such as holding more than 2 beakers of chemicals, or mixing chemicals with two hands while using two more to plant a seed while using two more to prep a microscope, the extra legs would be useful for walking longer distances without getting tired, or if regeneration is a thing we could do, which I would like, one could cut off a limb to grow specific pathogens and then grow a fresh leg back, thus not putting the rest of my body in danger of being infected by said pathogen

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2021, 01:43:30 pm »

I do agree with that sentiment but unfortunately there currently exist next to no clothes, vehicles, public transportations, toilets etc to accomodate such a body.
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2021, 02:40:57 pm »

that idea also discriminates amputee fetishists who think people are already overbooked with limbs anyway. Thus making it controversial.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2021, 02:46:27 pm »

I’m curious what their logic is, there are many tasks that either require multiple limbs or would be more efficient when done with multiple limbs. I suppose balancing on one leg would be possible if the leg was moved to the center of the pelvis rather than to the side, though locomotion would require hopping, which would likely be more tiring than walking with two or more limbs. I don’t think insects or spiders get tired from walking, though I may be wrong…do spiders sleep?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2021, 04:02:54 pm »

Uncontroversial idea: ever since the dawn of man, gravity has weighed on his heart

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2021, 10:10:17 pm »

Except when it sorta' didn't, likely involving high speeds in odd directions and/or space shenanigans. Gravity probably lifted up the hearts of the dudes going to land on the moon, for a little bit!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2021, 10:14:33 pm »

Uncontroversial idea: ever since the dawn of man, gravity has weighed on his heart

Man has not evolved one step beyond the primordial ooze that spawned him.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2021, 10:21:21 pm »

Said primordial ooze was probably nuclei acids and phospholipids and ribosomes and such before they became members Ed and parts of cells, also ribosomes are essentially long RNA complexes that make proteins, which I find fascinating

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2021, 11:02:15 pm »

git that controversial idea right outta here, sir
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2021, 11:41:25 pm »

git that controversial idea right outta here, sir
Evolution is more of a gradient, not steps, so he’s right in a way

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2021, 03:37:12 am »

Evolution is controversial to some people, there for it doesn't belong here!

Also the Earth is obviously a square!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2021, 03:48:56 am »

Evolution is controversial to some people, there for it doesn't belong here!

Just because you think circles=triangles doesn’t make shapes controversial, by this same vein, just because some people don’t understand heredity doesn’t mean evolution is fake or controversial. Also, if the Earth is as you say, a square, do you know how wide that square would have to be? And how shallow the ground would be? If you think the Earth has corners, wouldn’t you be better off saying it had infinite corners? And thus, no corners, thus making it a spheroid, like it actually is? We know the shape of the Earth is a spheroid, with it being very slightly wider at the equator than it would be if it was a perfect sphere due to…rotation speed, I think? The “controversy” if it could be called that, is whether such a shape has no corners or infinitely many corners

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2021, 07:04:36 am »

That was earth in the closed alpha, we used to say the earth is fair and square. But if if you want reminisce about that I advise to take the discussion to the gold member section.
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2021, 11:16:40 am »

Why are squares the fair shape? They have 4 equal sides, but so do equilateral triangles, and regular polygons of more than 4 sides as well

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2021, 11:29:55 am »

These were just simpler times, earth wasn't feature complete yet. Nowadays I'm ashamed to admit that I've ever been a backer of this project. The devs take no feedback and the community is super toxic.
let
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16