Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Uncontroversial ideas thread  (Read 12938 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Uncontroversial ideas thread
« on: July 26, 2021, 06:27:37 pm »

This thread may only be used to say things which almost everybody agrees with and won't really spark any discussion.
If you accidentally spark an argument (spurred by somebody disagreeing in good faith and not just shitposting in order to break this rule) then you have failed the thread's premise and lose one imaginary untracked point!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Uncontroversial ideas thread
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 06:42:18 pm »

I find the very idea of untracked points controversial.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 06:44:43 pm »

I don't disagree, yet your bringing up the topic is itself a point of contention for me, so -1 point for you!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 07:10:38 pm »

I rather enjoy eating food. :)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 07:23:03 pm »

i do not enjoy eating food and would relinquish the requirement given the chance

here, my untracked internet point, i surrender it
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 07:24:41 pm by None »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 08:41:34 pm »

No None, you don't lose a point but Wierd does for posting something insufficiently uncontroversial.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 09:41:17 pm »

Those points weren't controversial, though? Enjoying eating food and wanting the requirement to eat food gone are different tracks!

... anyway, it'd be a nicer world if no one had to worry about starvation, involuntary homelessness, or preventable disease. Pretty sure that's about as "no shit" as it gets.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 09:49:25 pm »

Tomato sauce on pizza.  Every other component of pizza is controversial in some way, and cheese-sauces are sometimes preferred, but a seasoned tomato base is uncontroversial.

(I kept thinking "but mushrooms? or spinach?" and having to remember that mushrooms can be "icky" and spinach is too bitter for some people.  I think some people even dislike green peppers!)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 10:12:03 pm »

Tomato sauce on pizza.  Every other component of pizza is controversial in some way, and cheese-sauces are sometimes preferred, but a seasoned tomato base is uncontroversial.

(I kept thinking "but mushrooms? or spinach?" and having to remember that mushrooms can be "icky" and spinach is too bitter for some people.  I think some people even dislike green peppers!)
I am OUTRAGED by this when barbecue sauce or creme fresche are both superior.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 10:23:57 pm »

And I think that cheese sauces like alfredo are almost always best for my taste, yet tomato sauces and marinaras are fine and uncontroversial~
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 02:56:22 am »

I am also some one that likes to eat food, and alfredo pizza, but I also like tomato based sauce.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2021, 03:18:07 am »

Being able to make choices in life is a good thing.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2021, 04:02:23 am »

I would honestly rather have had somebody tell me what to do with myself.
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2021, 06:00:08 am »

Nope, sorry, that is also controversial.  See, if you got enough sleep, you would need more time to have your social and personal-growth needs met, and that is time you are not spent slaving at your desk making your boss money, you selfish, lazy, and worthless human.

Conversely, every night you get insufficient sleep, you literally poison your brain with toxic metabolites that arent being flushed out, so you are giving yourself neurodegenerative diseases.

As you can see, "Get enough sleep so you feel good" is actually quite controversial.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16