Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: Noita  (Read 48297 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Noita
« Reply #285 on: July 14, 2021, 07:51:52 am »

I had angry ghost suddenly copy the dynamite that those guys in the first few levels throw at you. He copied it while I was blasting away at someone. I instantly died because the dynamite the ghost threw was set off by my own projectiles. I never pick up angry ghost now.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 14, 2021, 10:29:07 am »

I see, I think I'll be more careful then with Angry Ghost but doing hilarious stuff like copying the Hiisi sniper's projectiles makes it very fun even if it can end up very !! FUN!!
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 17, 2021, 10:40:04 pm »

I just beat the game for the first time!

... with the weirdest wand. It fired friendly skulls and a circle of persuasion (makes enemies friendly) that tracked and independently pursued hostile creatures... There was some finagling, but I didn't really kill anything myself... my armies arrived before me.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 18, 2021, 06:06:46 pm »

I get too distracted by the stuff outside the main path mountain.  Head off to get the pyramid orb and mountain orb, decide to poke around inside the pyramid or recently the frozen vault, get utterly blasted there as its generally harder than the main path...

That and fungal shifting just for the chaos it might cause.  Usually its something dumb, like turning the lava lake into soup or recently, all blood is steam.  Steam blood does make dismembered bodies propel themselves, tho.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 19, 2021, 12:38:34 pm »

do wands spawn anywhere off the main path?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 19, 2021, 01:06:54 pm »

Last time I played, I got to the sky and a cloud melted/reformed and a pixel of it got stuck inside me, locking me in place as enemies come to kill me. Have they done anything to address this? Because that turned my off the game, hard.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 19, 2021, 01:12:42 pm »

do wands spawn anywhere off the main path?
Yes? Fungal's pretty lousy with them, iirc, and they show up elsewhere, too. Unless it's been changed since I last played, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #292 on: July 19, 2021, 01:17:46 pm »

Fungal caverns is an amazing source of wands if you can survive it. My last run I found 6 different wands with decent always casts and some good spells. It's also incredibly deadly to go there right away unless you have set up for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 19, 2021, 01:45:09 pm »

Oh, yeah, fungal absolutely will kill you with great consistency and fervor, ha. It's got a lot of neat stuff in it, though :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 19, 2021, 07:21:26 pm »

Last time I played, I got to the sky and a cloud melted/reformed and a pixel of it got stuck inside me, locking me in place as enemies come to kill me. Have they done anything to address this? Because that turned my off the game, hard.

Getting stuck in materials is a... not uncommon(?) occurrence. Im gonna have to go with this is a feature.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 19, 2021, 07:27:41 pm »

screams in getting stuck on a pixel of my own frozen blood
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 19, 2021, 07:58:11 pm »

Getting stuck in materials is a... not uncommon(?) occurrence. Im gonna have to go with this is a feature.

If you truly are stuck, then the game will automatically disintegrate the pixels around you after a few seconds. Won't do you much good if enemies are actively targeting you, but it's pretty adequate when you're just exploring around. I'm might be possible to tweak the timer with mods.

If you have the spell Digging Bolt/Blast on you, you should be able to destroy that pixel almost immediately. The sky is a pretty late-game area. I'm sure you found it at some point. It's a pretty good spell for creating machinegun wands as well. Understanding the value of spells and how to get the most out of it is an important part of this game's skill-ceiling, so I hope this is enough to resolve the issue.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 08:00:13 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 19, 2021, 08:07:17 pm »

also one of the popular mods gives you a "shovel" right at the start (custom wand w/ permanent inefficient dig) for such situations. I have so many tho I dont remember which one.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]