Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Cult: Evil Kidnapper Fortress - Complete with Secret Weapon  (Read 7646 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Creates a new playable baby-snatching civilization, based upon the dwarven civilization (so they'll want to live in caves and such). Sort of like a supervillain faction trying to set up their own hidden lair. 
Since Supervillains need Super Weapons, I included two new armors: Plated Mail*.  Replaces Breastplate now all the time, unlike before.  Costs 4 bars to forge.
Plated Vests**. Replaces Leather Armor - A metal torso armor that only takes ONE bar of metal to forge.  For when you need to protect your vitals on a budget, since it doesn't protect anything else (same armor coverage as Breastplates, but not as good)

*Plated Mail + Mail Shirt may not be superior to Breastplate + Mail Shirt.  But it beats either alone.
**Plated Mail and Plated Vests can't be worn together.  Not that you'd want to...

And because I thought saying Super Weapon for armor was slightly misleading, I implemented a TRUE secret weapon: The Gun!  It uses metal bullets, and replaces Crossbows in The Cult's item list.

Install this file in your raw/objects folder, gen a new world, and enjoy!

The Human version:
Human only version

Animal Folk version below where you could instead of humans get a civilization of Coyote men, or one of the Subterranean Animal Folk.
Added Hatchets and Shovels so that Animal Folk too small to use Axes and Picks can still cut wood and mine.

Animal Folk version here

Beastfolk mode below, where the various types of beast would be the castes, with default humans as one caste.  Actually makes more sense with the Beastfolk as described in this game.

Introducing The Hoofer, a humanoid with hooves and horns that co-exists with normal humans (renamed minions).  Entity name is Minions.
Cult of Euchre 0.6 - Birth of the Beastfolk

NEW: The Tailer, a humanoid with a tail (includes The Hoofer!).
Cult of Euchre 0.65 - Birth of the Beastfolk

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Euchre
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 09:49:14 pm »

I mean most civs will usually end up having a minority population of animal people who joined with it by chance at some point in worldgen (create a world with higher savagery if you want to maximize the chances of this), but I don't think there's a way to make multispecies civs by default unfortunately.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 09:59:49 pm »

If you're ok with breeding producing random species rather than anything that relates to their parents, the caste system could set up a multispecies animal people/human civ pretty well. If you download Jawa Fortress, the Settler creature is already set up this way as an example.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 10:10:17 pm »

Enemy Post: Thanks for the warning about breeding.  Hm, that means that a creature file must denote a common ancestor, which is worth considering.

The civilization entities are basically a group of creatures that obtained sentience.  The game doesn't consider it possible that two different creatures could obtain sentience at the same time, and form a society in which both are more or less equal partners in its formation.

I think I'll add non-playable non-babysnatcher animal folk civilizations, so the player's civilization has more animal folk to "draw from".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cult: Evil Kidnapper Fortress - Complete with Secret Weapon
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 05:55:01 pm »

New versions with actual secret weapons in the form of Guns.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 01:54:23 am »

So, for a very low price you can bring tons of Trolls on embark.  They can be assigned to squads, and equipped.  But you can't forge armor for Trolls.
Instead, forge armor for Two-Humped Camel Men, it'll fit the Trolls.  Workaround achieved!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 05:26:28 pm »

Update: Leather Armor has been replaced by Plated Vests - A metal torso armor that only takes ONE bar of metal to forge.  For when you need to protect your vitals on a budget, since it doesn't protect anything else (same armor coverage as Breastplates, but not as good)

Also, looking for mod names.  Theme is a bunch of humans and almost-humans as a "villains*" hiding under hills and mountains.

*Dwarven Morality is still in effect, of course...

EDIT: Major update, where The Cult now has two types of humanoids: regular humans renamed minions, and The Hoofer: humanoids with hoofs and horns.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2021, 04:06:46 pm »

Good news: A new beastfolk has been added, The Tailer!  A humanoid with a tail!
Bad news: While I was able to pin the tail on the beastfolk, it's not very distinctive.  Creature modding is pushing the limits of my modding abilities.