Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Brains  (Read 11862 times)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Brains
« on: August 01, 2021, 02:11:49 pm »

You are a zombie.

But wait! There’s more!

You are no ordinary zombie, as of the time in which you were captured by scientists and modified into something…better or worse, depending on how you look at it. Whatever they did, your mental capabilities, personality and memories from your human life start creeping back to you, but one crappy fact remains: like all the regular zombies, you can only satisfy your hunger by eating other creatures and their brains. I mean, you can eat plants too if you want, but don’t expect it to help much.

You’re not sure what’s worse, being a zombie with a human mind, or finding out that at least one of the scientists did this to you as a prank and is a bit of a jerk in that regard.

The Character Sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What you list as your former profession will add a bonus to an action roll for something related to that profession. The amount hasn’t been determined yet.

The five main stats will affect your roll for an action depending on what the action requires. For every three points, positive or negative, in a stat, a +1 or -1, respectively, will be applied to your action roll. The stat bonus used will depend on the action.

You’re allowed ten starting points, but for every other point added, you’ll have to subtract a point. The first three points, however, are freebies. If you don’t want to take all ten, that’s up to you.

Now to address the satiety, that will also affect your performance on actions. Unless your satiety level is at 3, 4 or 5 in which case it…won’t. Depending on how high or low your satiety is, you may experience an easier or harder time having success with your actions.
Here’s a table:

And then we have mutations. Oh boy. For every brain you eat, you get one mutation point. Mutation points can be used to enhance your character like so:

For 1-3 mutation points you can add points to your stats, one stat point per mutation point spent.
4-5 mutation points can be used to apply a minor physical alteration, something that doesn’t really affect how you’re able to do things but can give you an advantage if used correctly.
6-8 mutation points are for major physical alterations, something that would give you a new ability related to that alteration, like maybe if you wanted to shoot poisonous barbed thorns out of your joints or, if you really wanna shake things up, change your diet.
For 9-10 mutation points, no physical alterations are applied, instead you get a supernatural ability that no physical alteration can give you.
How you use these mutation points is up to you, so be creative.

Oh and don’t forget: BRRAAAIIINNSS!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 05:13:20 pm by SuperDino85 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Brains
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 02:42:20 pm »

Find note that I can't actually read, then go find something to eat.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 05:19:44 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 03:14:09 pm »

Find some unintelligent animal and feeeeed.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 07:26:13 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 03:24:23 pm »

I recommend changing that 'for every 2 points added, subtract 1 elsewhere' rule. Make it 1 to 1 or 1 to 2 instead, else you'll get characters that have high stats everywhere and one dump stat, like Hache has done.

If that's fine with you, then keep it as is, though. I'll make use of it. I'll make a character after this issue is settled.

I might lose the roll to change how a modifier affects and action roll, but I think it could be good to keep it, so I am not recommending to remove it.

Otherwise, it seems straightforward: Stats, Satiety, Mutations, RTD.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 05:09:56 pm »

I recommend changing that 'for every 2 points added, subtract 1 elsewhere' rule. Make it 1 to 1 or 1 to 2 instead, else you'll get characters that have high stats everywhere and one dump stat, like Hache has done.

If that's fine with you, then keep it as is, though. I'll make use of it. I'll make a character after this issue is settled.

I might lose the roll to change how a modifier affects and action roll, but I think it could be good to keep it, so I am not recommending to remove it.

Otherwise, it seems straightforward: Stats, Satiety, Mutations, RTD.

That might be an error in my own wording, as I meant you can only start with ten points, but the first three were freebies, and then you’d have to subtract a point for every other addition until you hit the tenth point.

So in your case, Hache you’ll have to take three points off and make your intel a -3 if you plan to use that as your dump still.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 05:19:13 pm by SuperDino85 »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 05:16:28 pm »

« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 08:29:02 pm by Knightwing64 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 05:18:48 pm »

I take that as me having too many points, both positive and negative. Lemme fix the sheet. Edit: adjusted so that there are 10 positive points and 3(.5) negative. Thats what you meant when you set that rule up, right?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 05:20:49 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2021, 05:23:29 pm »

I take that as me having too many points, both positive and negative. Lemme fix the sheet. Edit: adjusted so that there are 10 positive points and 3(.5) negative. Thats what you meant when you set that rule up, right?

Yes

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2021, 05:25:10 pm »

You got too many points on here. Please remove four of them and you should be good.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 05:32:54 pm »

I mean initially I was going to make it an every other thing, but I didn’t want anyone to dump a stat TOO much, or else it’ll rrreeeaaalllyyy come back to bite them eventually.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2021, 05:35:56 pm »

Find note that I can't actually read, then go find something to eat.

Yeah this is good now.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2021, 06:40:57 pm »

Spoiler: Tom the Tank (click to show/hide)
BRRAAAIIINNSS!![/u][/b]

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2021, 07:54:49 pm »

Find some unintelligent animal and feeeeed.

This looks good

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2021, 07:55:28 pm »

Spoiler: Tom the Tank (click to show/hide)
BRRAAAIIINNSS!![/u][/b]

This also looks good

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2021, 08:28:25 pm »

You got too many points on here. Please remove four of them and you should be good.

K
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8