Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: i exendently made a the witcher fortress  (Read 1301 times)

slave of amok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
i exendently made a the witcher fortress
« on: January 14, 2022, 10:20:30 am »

started out not far from the result, wanted to make a smallish dwarven adventurer fort in the middle of a bunch of chivs to loot crypts and abandoned castles, though when carving out my new idea i stumbled upon a massive aquafer that didnt show up on the map becouse one tile of dry dirt or whatever, not to be discouraged i made a sewer system to drain all the water into the caverns, this attracted a couple of humans that know according to D&D rules; sewers=stinky treasure. without a sword to my name yet i let him in, but these humans didnt stop comming. it took a long time but i finished furnishing and carving the tavern, the dormitory/barracks/hospital and the crafting chamber and treasure room, farms? never heard of them. this was just in time however for a goblin caravan to show and get eredicated by the human warriors that are now in mass. the elves didnt like one of them being beaten to death with a poor defensless wooden club and they declared war, so did the goblins. seeing their weakness i send out all 50 of my dwarves armed in goblinite to meet the foe half its population and they lost, leaving me with but 6 dwarves to do beurocratic jobs, the human bards and nobles from  far and wide heard about this place with empty beds and eager human monster slayers and flocked in mass to join. currently i have over 30 mostly human monster slayers and the same on bards in a *dwarf fortress* with only 6 or so dwarves. only lost 1 of these guys in an elven siege who beheaded 5 elves, got struck down by the other 95 who soded off immediatly after, what a lad.

slave of amok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: i exendently made a the witcher fortress
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 10:29:56 am »

an update as i was wrighting this, the elven siege returned with twice the amount of zoo last time! they killed the last of my dwarves but got decemated by the monster hunters, also i didnt get any more migrants for years up to this point hence the lack of diverse personel. but hopefully this will keep the knife ears at bay for a while untill we can muster up more members.

slave of amok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 10:36:03 am »

a shame imgur is bugging out again but visualy its not realy worth sharing. if youve seen DF gore before youve seen this fortress aswell. what is funny though is that noble positions dont show up anymore, nor any dwarves that can enter the militia.

slave of amok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 11:02:00 am »

final update, and i think you know why, we beaten back the goblins, we massacred the elves but finaly the fortress fell to the might of an undead host, this may be a good thing however, theres only 2 necromancer towers in this world and thei both far away from this densely populated area, if this necromancer decides to take up residence, i will be seeing fun on a global scale :D