Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Dwarven Fortress of Wanedinks  (Read 6323 times)

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Fortress of Wanedinks
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2021, 11:35:05 pm »

24th Malachite, 138, Mid-Summer. Citizens 75, death 7363, body parts 1382/6029, corpses 85/2327

The magma tube is constantly leaking into the 2nd cavern. This makes the magma level drops, and the top level becomes empty space. However, the top level of a magma tube is the source of its magma. Now I can see patches of magma spawning mid-air and falling.

Sakzul the orphan baby grew into a child! He said, the quest for knowledge never ends.

____ multiply like rabbits.

The dwarfs were hunting down the two stray ____ in 1st cavern. Here's Onol:

And here's ____:

The bolt flew and hit the target:

Ustuth and his war cat Urdim, fell in the battle.

Now the 1st cavern was completely cleared. The long process of walling up the 1st cavern was coming to the end.

This dwarf got into an argument and burst into tears. :'(

Udib felled a tree, but didn't fell the helmet snake corspe. "That was not satisfying," as he put it.

____ giving birth to boys and girls and twins and triplets.

The marksdwarf was beating the zombie with his crossbow, when the mason came in and crushed it under his boot.

Cleaned with ____ soap. Is that soap really clean?

Ustuth, the owner of Urdim the war cat, came back as a ghost, and beheaded one of our first fortress born, Datan.

Datan was too injured to smooth the wall when he lost his head.

My nice stockpile of ancient Greek manuscript.

The galena beast. I have a feeling that it might play some role in the history of Winedinks. So far, however, I haven't got around to find a use for it.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2021, 11:58:02 pm »

Friends of nature, enemy of dwarfs, citizens of underworld, corpses of wild! Who's friend and who's foe!

Arrows leapt into the sky where the High was taken over by the Deep!

Fire, smoke, and a dead raven tagging along.

Friends of nature won, for the present.

This black bear was rescued from elves in one of the early years of the fort. It used to guard the trade depot. During its service it survived many attacks from wild boar zombies. Now it's living safely with llamas and guineahens in the farm. I hope it can recover.

The dwarfs were mining with surgical precision, leaving the exact amount of solid rock to contain this beast.

Goblins came again. Gishdistbonun was really angry!

This time goblins avenged for their fallen soldiers.

I don't know how exactly they managed to kill it. Probably by bleeding it out.

Black bear didn't make it. I always wanted to find a companion for him and then form a bear squad.

A vomit spider. This beast might also have a place before all comes to the end.

The necromancer finished yet another work. Dwarfs were busily building the wall and had no time to put the scrolls into the bookshelves.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2021, 11:40:41 pm »

12th Galena, 139, Late Summer. Citizens 74, deaths 7912, body parts 1502/6012, corpses 59/2562

Datan turned into zombie and is now sitting in a cage:

upload

Nomal, the second inhabitant of the Cave of Exiles. On his side is Deler's zombie.

upload

Nethitha arrived, but was somehow stuck off-screen. The "A" is another forgotten beast that arrived earlier and right between two trees.

upload

The tavern: The Golden Apple. The south door leads to a further wine cellar.

upload

Colony of stray cats loitering at the garbage pile.

upload

A strange thing about the farmer's workshop. On the northwest corner of the shop, there always appear pools of blood. They are probably left there when a dwarf spins the wool and hair into thread and ditches the contaminant.

upload

gBCTC:

upload

Did you hear the one about the forgotten beast and the snails?

upload

The black bear lives on, after it died and turned into a zombie and then into a musical instrument.

upload

When dwarfs don't have adblock:

upload

Aleceefili's corpse is also called Aleceefili.

upload

Elf ambushers brought me books.

upload

A flying ash man arrived.

upload

Ash man beat the grime beast, at the cost of an ash arm and an ash leg.

upload

Mukca, the shrimp that throws web, finished Ash man in seconds:

upload

I released three ____ into the 3rd cavern. They took care of a few more forgotten beasts.

upload

Then dwarfs brought them to the kitchen table when they finished their task.

upload

Kib was accidentally left in a locked room and died to thirst. Grave mistake. I won't get any more migrants so every dwarf is precious.

upload

Dwarfs made some statues of the farm pets, and lined them up along the path into the farm.

upload

It appears that the dog is the owner of its dwarf, not the other way around.

upload

This slug thing was lured into the tunnel and got a kick on its head. That hit bruised the brain and instantly killed it. Slug has no skull. Incidentally, I find out that clown corpse doesn't reanimate. Or maybe some do but some don't. At least this one never turns.

upload

The spikey killing corridor. 100 pointy things, including glass spikes and iron spears, are linked to one single lever. The convoluted tunnel is to make cats less likely to wander into this dangerous place. The two statues feature "traveling goblins". This corridor is where they travel into the fort, and is also where they travel to their afterlife... To the north I carved fortification and set up a marksdwarf barrack, but it doesn't work out. Dwarfs ignore invaders as if they can't see through the fortification.

upload

Recreational catapulting. The second boulder south to the catapult is the one that is flying:

upload

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2021, 03:30:31 am »

25th Felsite, 140, Late Spring. Citzens 68, deaths 8130.

Stillery:

____ annihilated the caravan.

Can the Mountain Home Save the World? No it can't. It can't even save the outpost liaison.

The marksdwarfs ignore the enemy at the other side of the fortification.

____ entered the trap.

The spikes struck!

Onol claimed another prey!

Onol the fire fighter.

A few more thornbills were let in. Olin the masterlasher was killed by a very unfortunate kick on throat.

Poor Olin...

Olin's corpse killed Cog.

Gold mine.

Ayanu the grime beast beat Mukca the web shrimp.

The forgotten battleground of forgotten beasts.

A ____ sneaked in while the guards weren't looking. It set fire in the corridor...

Then on a cat...

Then on a mason...

And that friendly goblin doomed butcher, completely forgotten by the population, squatting on the stairs just under the most busy crossroad for more than a decade, came out all of a sudden and beat the ____!

The champion who knocked out that ____ with its only remaining hand.

Miraculously, the mason somehow managed to put out the fire and survived.

HsHs:

Some time ago I destroyed a few trees that stood in the magma lake. That left an empty pit in the middle of the magma. Now the magma suddenly flew in and filled the empty space. The ballista arrow that lay there got burnt up and produced smoke.

In this land of dead and undead and ever-burning-collapsing hellscape, there are yet still normal creatures living their own quiet, natural life!

Fire Man that hurls fire ball:

And Albatross that is white:

And Horseshoe Crab that lives in the sand:

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2021, 04:03:31 am »

The dwarfs are draining the magma lake in order to make room for a future pump stack.

The magma is going to the 3rd cavern, cleaning the ground that has been completely covered in cobweb.

Yet another elf attack:

Dwarven Christmas tree, adorned with snow, fire, smoke, fruits, flowers, and stray elf parts reanimated and mangled.

This ogre skeleton kept releasing steam of ogre blood.

Meanwhile the baron got a new clear glass window that connected his fantastic bedroom and fantastic tomb, as he demanded. Momento mori.

The ____ are coming!

Enemy at the gate.

The spikes struck!

The ____ died in a blast that turned menacing iron spikes into liquid!

Minkot was sent out to take care of the ____.

One down!

All clear!

Onol didn't beat the fire this time:

Dastot the recruit also marched out to meet the ____.

Dastot had bad aim... The white "-" was the bolt. It missed the target by a wide margin.

And then Onol raised. The former hero, now possessed by the force of nether, turned to attack the very dwarfs that he used to protect!

Other soldiers arrived, only too late to save Dastot... And they still had two ____ to fight.

One shot took the shell.

Another took the tail.

Pew pew! Fire now lies still.

Zasit the janitor is cleaning. It's snowing frozen human blood but the floor must be kept clean!

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2022, 10:37:51 pm »

This is the last update of Wanedinks, and I have moved onto my new fort.

Mini water-reactor.

Forgotten beast fought ____ in ____.

The beast was instantly surrounded;

And defeated!

The lava was lapping on the shore as the dwarfs were draining the lake.

Cave spider treading the lava.

Later I'll upload the save to the df save site.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2022, 03:08:03 am »

What plans do you have in mind for your next fort?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2022, 10:37:48 pm »

What plans do you have in mind for your next fort?

I have started the new one about a week ago. I planned to play it slow. The FPS was capped at 5 right off the start.

The embark is interesting. At the mouth of a large river, the land is divided across the middle into two banks. The northern one is a desolate evil forest of dead wood (but no resurrection or evil weather), and the southern one is a quite hale tropical forest where iguanas and elephants roam around. I'll start a new thread for the new fort.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2022, 02:01:07 am »

You might get more readers if you post in Community Games & Stories.  I didn't pay attention and thought you were asking questions here, woops.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2022, 02:12:00 am »

You might get more readers if you post in Community Games & Stories.  I didn't pay attention and thought you were asking questions here, woops.

I thought about that. But it's neither community game nor a story... It is just a plain record of the fort. Maybe it still fits better in community games and stories, though. I'll move it there.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2022, 03:51:48 am »

The embark is interesting. At the mouth of a large river, the land is divided across the middle into two banks. The northern one is a desolate evil forest of dead wood (but no resurrection or evil weather), and the southern one is a quite hale tropical forest where iguanas and elephants roam around. I'll start a new thread for the new fort.
Sounds like a neat place, just don't let the dwarves get to close to the elephants as I've heard that doesn't end well for anyone in the end.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 [3]