Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: The Colorless Home: Seaside Nightmare - Successor Thread  (Read 22655 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: The Colorless Home: Seaside Nightmare - Successor Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2021, 09:39:25 pm »

So, as I posted in The Tale of Runlance I am leaving town for a couple of days and am now up for a turn in two fortresses, this one and Runlance.  Hopefully I'll have something to report later this weekend (by which I mean Sunday).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2021, 12:42:45 am »

Update: I am now free of my obligations over at Runlance, so I can devote efforts here.
EDIT: Minor effort has been devoted to updating the front page.  Hopefully additional effort can be applied to save itself, toward completion of update.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2021, 12:45:47 am »

PTW, despite having read both threads. Looking forward to the update, EuchreJack.

Could I get a humble dorfing?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2021, 03:03:42 pm »

PTW, despite having read both threads. Looking forward to the update, EuchreJack.

Could I get a humble dorfing?

Sure!

I'm a little drunk, so I am now in the right mind space to continue!

I probably should have read the end of Acipenser's report a little clearer.  They are SO getting dwarfed, although the poor sod who gets the name might not live very long...

Also, somebody used Priorities, a new feature that I never got around to figuring out at all.  So I got some reading to do as well.
EDIT: Ok, so I looked it up.  The blue 7 designations are basically just to let us know where the walls on the surface are located.
Example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, I'm gonna restart my turn, since I stupidly took down the gate, not realizing it was keeping the invaders out.  Apparently, they aren't building destroyers...

The fortress is totally saveable.  We have more adult dwarves then invaders.  Properly trained, organized, and outfitted, they can sally forth and destroy the invaders.  We have enough food, plenty of beds, and access to magma so that we are no longer reliant on wood.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2021, 06:49:08 pm »

Do you need someone to finish your year, Euchre? I could if that is needed.
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2021, 02:56:07 pm »

Do you need someone to finish your year, Euchre? I could if that is needed.

Uh, actually I haven't started it yet.  But if you would be willing to take over the turn, I'd appreciate it.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2021, 01:58:11 am »

I might pick it up, but I won't be progressing very quickly, either.
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2021, 01:44:42 pm »

Considering the game starts in a warzone, that is to be expected.  Tread carefully, and make sure Acipenser gets a "suitable" dwarfing.

Hm, from what I recall, the priorities were:
-Burying the dead inside the fort
-Establish Magma forges
-Manufacture weapons and armor
-Train all adults as military (cycling the training so as not to immobilize the fortress)

Maybe some stat training? Engrave the crap out of everything?

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2021, 10:10:03 pm »

Um, fun? I'm not very good an military management, or the supporting economy. I can definitely handle burial, though. I downloaded the save. I'll see if I get a chance to play it. If you get to it first, I certainly won't begrudge you the year, and will take the next one instead.

Acipenser

• Bay Watcher
  • "I love the smell of magma in the morning."
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2021, 10:55:51 am »

I honestly don't think you'll have to do a whole lot of military management. We are obviously under a pretty terrifying siege, but almost all the remaining dwarves are sealed under ground. So, as long as we turtle and don't open the doors, we'll be pretty safe.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2021, 10:48:17 pm »

Does anyone know how to open the trapped gate in the stockade?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2021, 02:19:32 am »

Does anyone know how to open the trapped gate in the stockade?

I think deconstructing that gate is how I accidentally let the dwarves get eaten by the enemy when I was fiddling around with the save, so I wouldn't do that (or do it first, so you don't have to restart after doing anything else).

Oh, and make sure to name a Weaver Acipenser, and let them collect lots of Cave Spider thread in the Cavern(s).  Or maybe Miner Acipenser could assist in establishing the Magma Forges?  And you'll probably run out of metal for armor, forcing at least one soldier to do without...

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2021, 12:54:48 am »

Well, I picked the game up. I doubt I'll actually do anything important, but there will be some large architectural changes, anyway.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2021, 02:35:53 am »

Well, I picked the game up. I doubt I'll actually do anything important, but there will be some large architectural changes, anyway.

YAY!

Cleaning up the mess that is that turn certainly qualifies as important, you have my thanks.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2021, 10:56:25 pm »

I'm getting somewhere. It is almost winter in The Colorless Home, and I have essentially ignored everything underground. Any suggestions how to dig a dump chute all the way down to the magma sea?

edit: Oh, and there are a couple of children who are dehydrating themselves because I locked a door to a place they were attempting to play. Has anyone ever seen this?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 11:02:23 pm by fatcat__25 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7