Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.08: The True Names of Things  (Read 59639 times)

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Highfantasy Mod/Pack 1.3.00: Spawns and Disguises (Major!!)
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2021, 09:55:15 am »

Future Development Roadmap for Highfantasy

As of 1.3.00, Highfantasy has hit a stable and permanent release. Future "major" releases are not planned at this time until Premium. 1.2.02 was stable enough that, to repeat, Anyone who loves their current 1.2.02 worlds is good to keep playing those. Almost all bugs addressed in 1.3.00 can be fixed via reaction changes already posted in this thread. Message me if you have concerns and happy playing!

Highfantasy is now feature-complete.
(There's one more system that may be implemented at the time of premium, but development time will not go towards it currently).
This means that anyone who starts or continues a 1.2.02 or 1.3.00 world at this time is good to keep playing all the way up until the Premium release next year.

In the leadup to the premium release, Highfantasy development will focus on the following two areas:
-improving the language files
-preparing graphical hooks

Improving the language files (Process 1)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Preparing the graphical hooks (Process 2)

These processes will be done slowly over the coming months; small bugfixes may be released during this time as needed. Let's all enjoy the road to Premium!
The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2021, 04:12:14 pm »

Thanks for the heads-up, I can finally post community stories feeling secure that I won't abruptly have to abandon them. :)
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2021, 03:40:57 pm »

You and me both! I'm enjoying my own current little fortress alongside a savage river at a swamp and shrubland biome intersection, befriending the local centaurs, brewing vodka, and raising my servals/forest cats. The giant ticks have not yet noticed us, but the time for glory will someday come :)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2021, 07:33:35 am »

Also what's the major system planned for Premium? It's ok if you want to keep it a surprise.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2021, 09:34:26 am »

Where should I go if I’m looking for dinosaurs?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2021, 10:20:59 am »

Where should I go if I’m looking for dinosaurs?

Savage biomes. Wetlands, Savannas, Tropical Shrubland, Forests, there's a few in grasslands and deserts, one or two in temperate shrublands. EG Tyrannosaurs are in SAVAGE Any_forest, any_grassland, any_wetland, which is a lot of biomes, although they are large_predators so they do compete with other savage things.

If you're looking for the full suite of uppercase dinos, those have to be installed with 1 extra step from the optional files (see post 1), and then they are located in cavern layer 3 (although that location can also be disabled or moved around using the dinosaur CV).

(Adding to my list of premium changes that, I should make sure every savage biome can spawn at least one "marquis dinosaur," like I did with mundane biomes and the rare "ancient mammals", probably one predator + one prey.)

Also what's the major system planned for Premium?
Spoiler, but for long enough out that we'll all have forgotten it,
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 10:29:43 am by kiiranaux »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2021, 10:44:33 am »

Sounds cool, procgen myth & magic will also be huge for the Highfantasy magic system I imagine (as if I didn't already have enough reasons to look forward to it :P).

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2021, 11:09:01 am »

Myth&Magic will be very cool for Highfantasy; I'm excited to rebuild/redesign around it.

But Premium is gonna be sooo important, because Premium makes it so easy to build aboveground, which really helps playing most of HF's civilizations. Building aboveground is obviously totally possible in the current release of DF but it takes some getting used to!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2021, 11:15:18 am »

Thanks for the answer!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2021, 11:16:47 am »

Myth&Magic will be very cool for Highfantasy; I'm excited to rebuild/redesign around it.

But Premium is gonna be sooo important, because Premium makes it so easy to build aboveground, which really helps playing most of HF's civilizations. Building aboveground is obviously totally possible in the current release of DF but it takes some getting used to!

How will premium do so? I didn't see that update

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2021, 01:10:33 pm »

Just the ability to mouse click and drag to place things like walls in a hollow or filled square. I might be misremembering, but I thought I saw Zach do this in some gameplay vids a while back. We certainly have seen him do it with digging, so it stands to reason the same click and drag would apply to walls and floors.

Currently, to build an outdoor house in this or any mod that uses aboveground building (or building aboveground as dwarves in vanilla), you have to 1. build each wall, which is 5 actions because the last wall needs a space for a door. 2. build a ramp to the side of the wall. 3. build floors above each of the 5 wall segments. 4. build floors in the airspace above the interior. Only then can you place furniture inside the house. It's tedious, and realistic, but would be a lot faster with click and drag.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2021, 12:42:50 pm »

Note regarding slime:

So, fun fact, slimes in this mod use a form of inheritance code that I havn't actually seen in dwarf fortress before - a combination of the caste and color inheritance systems used by other creatures. I originally wrote this code so that "black panther" leopards and other big cats would actually display the name black panther if they were of the correct coloration.

Anyway, as of some additional testing today, I'm pleased to say that the nested color inheritance works correctly! Let's say you have a green slime, whose specific green color is dark olive, and that slime mates, having one or more offspring. If the offspring fall into the green color family, they are more likely, but not guaranteed, to be dark olive than another green color. In other words, working as intended! Hopefully one of more of us finds this system interesting. You're free to go out there and "collect them all"!

Sanguis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2021, 02:30:54 am »

Hi! What is magestaff used for? The item you can craft in spellcrafs.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 30, 2021, 03:40:08 pm »

Hey there Sanguis,

The magestaff is super useful! It's a weapon but the weapon skill is "alchemy" (wizard skill). In other words, you can use it to "turn on" the wizard skill even if you don't have any dwarves with that labor enabled. And, it can train alchemy for better wizards.

To use it you'll have to craft some spellcharges, which use gems as an ingredient!

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2021, 08:24:42 pm »

Hello all,

I've added a link on the homepage to a development version of Highfantasy. The dev version will always contain the newest balance tweaks and adjustments, while saving me from posting new updates except when there are major bugs to address or content additions that warrant a new release. So anytime you're ready to start a new save file, it's worth checking out.

There continue to be no major bugs or features to fix and 1.3.00r is a great time - I'm enjoying my own little aboveground fortress for the past couple weeks. Cheers!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19