Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.08: The True Names of Things  (Read 59310 times)

TheLastVegan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Highfantasy Mod/Pack 1.3.00: Spawns and Disguises (Major!!)
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2022, 03:54:52 pm »

Wonderful!

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Highfantasy Mod/Pack 1.4.00: All Under the Sun (Major!!)
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2022, 10:59:05 pm »

Version 1.4.00r, Under the Spawning Sun, is live!

Anyone who loves their current 1.2.02-1.3.00 worlds is good to keep playing those. Almost all bugs addressed in 1.3.00 and 1.4.00 can be fixed via reaction changes already posted in this thread. Message me if you have concerns and happy playing!

This update balances spawning and other systems even further throughout the mod, devoting significant time to far flung play systems to encourage maximum cohesion. The OP post 3 has been updated with a wealth of new how-to information.

The current development version has been replaced with a file containing "updated reactions" which provide bugfixes for save files from 1.3.00. These reaction files can be dropped into your save folder at any time without generating a new world.

The full feature list is too long to post, but is included in the full Highfantasy Readme. It covers the prior 17 development versions.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 12:31:09 pm by kiiranaux »
The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Highfantasy Mod/Pack 1.4.00: Under the Spawning Sun (Major!!)
« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2022, 10:38:29 am »

Apologies to anyone who attempted to download last night; I had not clicked *submit* on the file. The version 1.4.00 is now live for real!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2022, 12:56:02 pm »

I'm curious about the dinosaur food chains. What does that mean, and should I steal it for Primal?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2022, 04:11:58 pm »

Hey Enemy post! We all sure do love your work. I suspect you'll have already reverse engineered this by the time you get to my comment, but just in case, here you go!

Feel free to incorporate this work in Primal either by taking the code directly or by building out the system - in your case, a single note in a relevant text file is more than enough credit to Highfantasy. Of course, I only had to set this up for ~30 dinybois; yours would be a little more comprehensive!

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2022, 04:41:28 pm »

That is interesting. I had no idea this token actually influenced population spawning. I've dismissed it as something just for pandas. It will be useful for my mods too. Thank you for bringing that up!

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2022, 04:48:17 pm »

Thanks for the vote of confidence SQ - enjoy! I'm curious to see what everyone does with it.
Also, I spent dozens of hours testing the tag FEATURE_BEAST for this release. All my findings are out on the Wiki now. Definitely encourage folks check that out.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2022, 04:53:43 pm »

Hey Enemy post! We all sure do love your work. I suspect you'll have already reverse engineered this by the time you get to my comment, but just in case, here you go!

Feel free to incorporate this work in Primal either by taking the code directly or by building out the system - in your case, a single note in a relevant text file is more than enough credit to Highfantasy. Of course, I only had to set this up for ~30 dinybois; yours would be a little more comprehensive!

Now this is some interesting stuff right here.

Sytel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2022, 02:58:49 am »

My dark gnomes are getting upset that they don't have shoes...
I don't think I can make shoes for them. I don't think they can wear them, either. But they really wish they could.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2022, 06:17:36 pm »

Hey Sytel,

They can wear shoes and there is one reaction to conjure boots made out of aether, available at the conjuring circle, but it's decidly midgame. I've added normal shoe crafting for them for a future version.
In the meantime, if you aren't playing around with magic yet, you can use this reaction to make some boots without starting a new save file.
Just go into Data -> Save -> [your save file] -> objects -> reaction_modest_generic and replace these lines:

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2022, 06:29:27 pm »

PTW very glad the subterreanean beasts got in. Dinosaur tidbit is also very interesting.

Only thing i will say is that pumping up the frequency does affect the mathmatics behind the chance that they'll be used in wg, T-rexes with a 100 frequency attributed to making the realistic foodlink network will quite likely be chosen for their size (food) and multiple traits if the civ's allowed to utilize them hence why horses have the same rates as every other animal (default 50 and common_domestic to get carried around) but appear nearly 4 times as regularly for filling nearly every animal job role outside of war.

[ANIMAL] entity tokens are overrides though, so shouldn't affect the core in-game experience if carefully managed with additional steps like making their meat unpalatable.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 06:40:10 pm by FantasticDorf »

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2022, 10:22:01 pm »

Well that finally explains to me why Troodontids were so unbelievable common before the spawning changes began in 1.3.00... (easily domesticated, forest spawning with elves, food, not threatening, big...)

Urist the CaveBear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2022, 08:49:27 am »

I just want to say this is my favorite DF mod and I'm so tremendously pleased by the Highfantasy project's existing length, depth, and breadth of quality; as well as your terrific continued work. You're great, and so's your mod, thanks a heap.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2022, 09:00:36 pm »

Urist!! Thank you so much! This means so much. I know I say I'm just doing this because it's the way I want to play DF myself, but man comments like this - what a joy :)
Thanks to all the partnering mod authors (many good conversations!) and patient bug testers for helping us get this far!
I'm just buried in a hole doing language file stuff for the next month or so, so... always forward progress :)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2022, 11:43:46 am »

Oops, sorry I forgot to thank you for the information regarding food chains. That’s extremely interesting, I could finally have time-biomes without the animals being in the wrong environments. I’ll probably do that if I have free time at some point. Thanks!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19