Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.08: The True Names of Things  (Read 59693 times)

Sanguis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Highfantasy Mod/Pack 1.1.01: Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance (Major)[47.05]
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2021, 04:55:38 pm »

Or not. That gone completely strange. I ate an aether spell essence to check if the list has a limit. It did not appear. I reloaded the game walked a couple of locations and it appeared. But the dementia spell hasnt

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile
Re: Highfantasy Mod/Pack 1.1.01: Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance (Major)[47.05]
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2021, 07:30:51 pm »

I actually think this is an issue with the indoctrination spell itself - it has a few lines of code missing compared to other spell essences. I need to confer with erik to confirm whether it's a bug or intention, I don't quite have this one sorted out myself. But looking at the code, I bet if you get another new dementia spell, it will show up as normal!
The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.

Sanguis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2021, 08:13:22 pm »

By the way, where the chaos witch is found? They are people who read te pyromancy slab?
Ps: how can I disable mer before world generation? Their sites seem to be unreachable by other civs so in old worlds mer are billion and other are few.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2021, 09:53:48 am »

I kind of thought that was why sahuagin were a thing, but maybe we need yet another warmongering ocean civ to further balance things out.

Unless there's a bug that means even other ocean civs are unable to reach each other, which I hadn't really considered.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 09:55:21 am by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2021, 12:23:45 pm »

Also on the topic of bugs, I tried to start a gob fort but it seems that the default embark conditions for goblins are bugged since they don't have access to picks as a civ. I assume that's an oversight and not intended behaviour.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 01:55:47 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2021, 10:03:16 pm »

Goblins are bugged, can't start with pick
Ah, the embark profile itself is bugged. It should give them "tunneler" instead of pick. I bet there are other civs with this issue; i'll review.
   Every civilization has a pick, but some of them have it listed as either "mattock" or "tunneler" instead. I may remove this, the mod has outgrown it; but anyway everyone can start with a pick. Let me know if tunneler isn't showing up for goblins, that would be a problem.

Where can I find chaos witches / pyromancy slab?
That's actually two different questions. Chaos witches are in the Magma Sea; they can swim in lava so they may come up to your fort from magma smelters or magma pools. The config file c_variation_highfantasy also give you the option to let them spawn on layer 3, which may or may not be the only way to see them in adventure mode (I'm not sure, can you visit the magma sea in adventure mode?)
    The pyromancy slab would be carried by pyromancers, who are secret-keepers that don't build towers (same with miracles secret, silencers, and druid/nature secret. Not all of these have slabs; some of the are just master and apprentice). Pyromancers are never towers, but whether they are slab or just master/apprentice is something I need to refresh myself on. I suspect just master/apprentice, so it may be quite hard to find one.
   One thing that IS bugged is chaos witches and other creatures dropping foci as a kill reward. It doesn't currently work right, but I think I've got it fixed for v1.1.1 eventually. (it was Extra Butcher Object, but you can't butcher sapients...now it's an "unusual corpse" in 1.1.1 instead).

Merfolk civs are too big
Interesting, I've never had that problem. For example Save10 has 9000 mer vs 40000 dwarves, elves, goblins. And as Plump suggested, the sahuagin and naga are supposed to help contain this. I'll make sure that both sahuagin and naga have "can expand over oceans" which should help more.
If you want to disable Mer, they are the first entity in the file entity_highfantasy_modded, which also contains sahuagin, halflings, and hobgoblins.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 10:07:48 pm by kiiranaux »

Sanguis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2021, 10:29:04 pm »

Thanks for the answer. I actually asked about mer becaue I have 9000 humans 5000 dwarves 5000 goblins 3000 orcs 30000 hangels aaaaand........ 96000 mer

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2021, 03:30:51 am »

ocean-based civs in general tend to become very numerous very quickly, mainly due to a simple lack of competition. The healthiest civs in SVE (which this pack contains elements of,) are often the fish people, which I can only assume is because they don't really have to compete with the groundwalkers for settlement space or anything and they're largely ethically compatible with one another leading to infrequent wars at best among themselves.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2021, 09:22:23 am »

Re: dementia indoctrination - I asked erik. I thin it's just a bug that you can't learn that one properly, and i know where the bug would be

Re: Merfolk:Agree with Splint, hence why there is additional competition. Edit: I did check the "ocean spreadiness" of naga and sahuagin, and it's identical to merfolk... I wonder if this was just a one-time boom or...

Sanguis, what strikes me about your numbers is that you have 30k hangels; I usually run worlds for about 75 years and usually there are less than 100 hangels left, which makes sense since they only create one single civ. How long are you generating your worlds for? Not that it's wrong, I just wonder if you're doing something I'm not. Also, you listed 6 civs, are you using the other 8? (Sahuagins, Hobgoblins, Naga, Elves, and the thief civs?)

Regarding secrets and slabs:
"Supernatural" = gift from the gods. "Teaching" = taught by master to disciples. "Recording" = Slabs. "Research" = does not currently work (due to being unfinished in Vanilla)
   silence: supernatural, teaching, recording, research
   nature: supernatural, teaching, recording
   fire: supernatural, teaching, recording
   shadow/birth: supernatural, teaching
   divine: supernatural, teaching
So shadow and divine secrets don't have slabs.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 08:04:16 pm by kiiranaux »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2021, 08:15:15 pm »

So "shadow" and "birth" are two parts of the same secret? I was wondering why legends mode was always saying the shadowmancers in my worlds learned "the secret of unnatural birth".  :P

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2021, 09:54:57 pm »

I am loving this mod. Very good job mate!

Some comments I have so far:
1) The only incident I have had so far is that for some reason a 1 year old human girl died of thirst and hunger randomly. Don't know if it was her mother who just didn't feed her or what, but just thought you should know.
2) Some of the entity files need revision. The Augustus title of the hobgoblins wasn't working because it had a population requirement. Some others had that as well, I don't quite recall. There was also some problem with the tags, in which you used a tag from the goblin civilization as the person who was to appoint someone from another civilization (I think it was one of those aquatic ones, can't recall which exactly though - the one with the slavers)

I am currently playing as humans and am finding it very fun.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2021, 11:19:26 pm »

Another bug I'd like to report, from some more testing I've done in the arena it seems that red dragons spontaneously melt as soon they're placed. No idea what could be causing this, since it happens before they even have the chance to breathe fire.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 11:21:21 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2021, 11:18:20 am »

Welcome, VABritto, Thank you everyone!
Red dragons spontaneously melt
I think I've got this fixed; also applied the suspected fix to other red draconic things (adding "no heatdam point")

Some titles aren't working because they have population requirements
I'll learn how this works and fix it for the next version, which will be ready soon.

A problem with the tags in which you used a tag from the goblin civilization... to appoint
This one I can't find - I thought I fixed all these back in 1.0.3. Can you do us a huge favor and check again for where it is? I don't see the culprit.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2021, 04:03:04 pm »

Thanks again for your help kiira. Really been enjoying this mod so far (I especially like the orcs, role-playing a sieger civilization is a lot of fun as it turns out, currently building my own personal version of Isengard in fort mode), looking forward to the next version! :)

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2021, 05:45:13 pm »

Glad to hear it! That sounds VERY cool.
One of the best things about Highfantasy not using DFHack is that I'm excited to be able to push out a release very soon after Premium is released, and premium is gonna be HUGE for us because of the better ability to make aboveground structures.

I'm trying to trickle down the updates, I hate breaking peoples' (and my own) fortresses all the time. 1.1.0 was the last other mod imports I wanted to add and 1.1.1 should be pretty much the last content, there's a TON of changes but they're all very very small that build up to a nice core. From there it's just tiny bugfixes, which i can stock up until there's something that needs to be addressed badly. A loooot of people downloaded 1.1.0 so I'm conscious of that.

Plump I guess you can think of this Isengard as your learning experience and do it even faster this weekend! haha
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19