Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.08: The True Names of Things  (Read 59647 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Highfantasy Mod/Pack 1.1.01: Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance (Major)[47.05]
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2021, 06:35:16 pm »

Lmao I guess I can, I've also started a dwarf fort in another more recent Highfantasy world of mine (which I've started recording the progress of in community games & stories *coughnotashamelessselfplugcough*). I might just hold onto a separate save of the current version for that one.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 06:55:06 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Highfantasy Mod/Pack 1.1.01: Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance (Major)[47.05]
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2021, 08:38:02 pm »

Hey there Kiiranaux! I have downloaded a fresh install of Highfantasy to help on the bugfixes (on my own game I made my own little cosmetic differences just for rp purposes, like substituting instances of "royal" in Plains entity with "imperial" because the leader is an Emperor, that sort of thing).

So I'm writing as I see them ok? So sorry if it isn't that structured.

In ENTITY:PLAINS, [POSITION:hf_KING] has the tag [REQUIRES_POPULATION:140]. This will prevent the position from being generated. Removing it solves the problem.

In [ENTITY:RIVERS], all positions that are supposed to be appointed by [POSITION:VOICE] are actually with the tag [APPOINTED_BY:DRUID].

In [ENTITY:CUNNING], [POSITION:hf_KING] has the tag [REQUIRES_POPULATION:140]. [POSITION:MAYOR] doesn't have any tag for how it is selected so it will never generate. REQUIRES_POPULATION is not enough.

In [ENTITY:RELAXED], [POSITION:LEADER_HOBBIT] has the tag [EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]. This would make every mayor appear in the history file in the list of rulers. This should only be on those civ level leadership positions you'd consider the "rulers" of the country, because it is a list.

In [ENTITY:TOOTHY], [POSITION:LEADER_SAH] shouldn't have the tag [EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS].

In [ENTITY:FALLEN], [POSITION:hf_KING] shouldn't have the tag [REQUIRES_POPULATION:140].

In [ENTITY:SLINKING], [POSITION:LEADER_NAGA] shouldn't [EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS].

In [ENTITY:SNATCHING], position [POSITION:hordes_TRIBAL_CHIEFTAIN_GOBLIN] shouldn't have the tag [EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS].

In [ENTITY:HISSING], it appears that the position [POSITION:LEADER_LIZ] is chosen by the Goblin position [APPOINTED_BY:hordes_START_POSITION]. I think you meant to have it be chosen by a Hissing start position, but you forgot to make it and used the goblin start position tag. Also it shouldn't have the tag [EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS].

In [ENTITY:PLOTTING], [POSITION:LEADER_TECH] shouldn't have the tag [EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS].

I hope this helps!

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2021, 11:03:57 pm »

Thank you so much, it was very generous of you to document these so thoroughly!
Also,this was the last info I needed to push out the just-finished update! So everyone can look for that Friday! (finishing up documentation)

EDIT: TONS of new documentation added to OP, post 2, and especially post 3.
Post 2 includes a changelog for the new update (v1.1.1 and v1.2.0)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 09:53:23 am by kiiranaux »
The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2021, 03:45:10 pm »

Version 1.2.01, the Creature Class Update, is live!

This version finishes the final balance pass of the mod by reviewing and completely integrating magic spells, weaknesses, and resistances from all areas of Highfantasy. Lineage creatures are clearly associated and resistant to their own lineage; elemental creatures follow elemental themes; and magical creatures battle it out with competing powers. When you are ready to check out this version, a fresh install is recommended. Future versions will mainly address major bugs.

A great deal of information has been added to the OP post #3 explaining all elements of the mod; additionally, a "lore" dive into the mod's magic system and its internal consistency is present on OP post #1.

Versions 1.1.1 and 1.2.0/1 were combined into a single release. Where 1.1.1 covers the above, 1.2.0 introduces the following major features:
-adds Cryomancy as a "limited" fort/adv magic school.
-adds the Pristinely Ungifted humans, Failed Hybrids, more elementals, scarab beetles, and khezu
-restores Frost (Ice) Giants from Spellcrafts as a tribal/population creature, and two Fiends from Tb_dnd in their hell versions only.
-restores a number of creatures and plants from SPL vanilla expanded v9.1 and earlier
-continues and concludes balancing of magical focus acquisition, and incorporates the Magestaff into magical research
-works around vanilla bugs related to monsters "hide"ing
-finishes rewriting all major descriptions to match the vanilla format "A... creature... that...."

"Big Cats and Lap Dogs," a standalone and completely vanilla file that introduces two more common_domestic creatures, forest cats* and lap dogs, which perform the functions of dogs and cats, respectively, in case you really prefer one species or the other. They are 100% vanilla and in their own file, creature_highfantasy_domestic, so can be used with pretty much any other mod.
*They're based on servals, but are a little bigger. Although known from the savanna, servals do in fact inhabit oak forests.

Full feature list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 11:11:37 am by kiiranaux »

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Highfantasy Mod/Pack 1.2.01: Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance (Major)[47.05]
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2021, 04:15:35 pm »

Reporting bug: In [ENTITY:PLAINS], [POSITION:hf_LORD] should have the tags [APPOINTED_BY:hf_START] [SUCCESSION:BY_POSITION:hf_HEIR]

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Highfantasy Mod/Pack 1.2.01: Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance (Major)[47.05]
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2021, 04:30:08 pm »

Hotfix'd! Thanks for catching that early, before the weekend download rush! haha

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2021, 04:34:42 pm »

Hotfix'd! Thanks for catching that early, before the weekend download rush! haha

Glad to help! This will be fun! As always I did some personal modifications for RP purposes (I sent you a message with them in case you find them interesting), but will mostly be playing mod-vanilla, because your mod is pretty much how I always wanted to play DF lol

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am RPing that the Imperial Legate writes an annual report given to the Imperial Emissary when he visits. As such, I am writing a log of sort with things that were done. Here is what I have so far:

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reported Bug: When I go to the military screen there is a "Lord" squad for some reason. When I click 'c' on top of it (the option does not appear, I just tried it), the game crashed. Not sure why. I tried it twice and it happened both times, so it is reproducible. How-To: Appoint a Lord > Go to Military Screen > Go to the squad named "Lord" > Press 'c'

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am writing a log of sorts with things that were done

This is so cool! I also love doing things like this. Excited to see more of your writing.
"Legate Tesgenatha was killed by an alligator in the end of the month of Slate. I, Ulek Lesec, take his charge as temporary Imperial Legate."  :'(

Lord squad bug
I'll start looking into this. It's interesting that the lord is given a squad; one is not created in the code. It's possible there is another tag that causes the position to automatically generate a squad. Anyway, in the meantime, advise not to use the lord squad, and it's not intended anyway!

Chbost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello! Love the mod and playing as the Nagas :)
I have come across what I believe to be some bugs. Nagas are unable to make the Harpoon Guns, this due to the harpoon guns requiring STEEL stocks, while producing "STEEL STOCKS" it can only be made out of wood, checking for example the Details allows for setting the materials as wooden materials, this makes Nagas unable to assemble the harpoon guns since the stock that comes out is a "Cedar Stock" rather than a steel stock.

This can be due to in the raws? (I am not a raw wizard)
[REACTION:STEEL_STOCK]
   [NAME:make steel stock]
   [BUILDING:GUN_FORGE:CUSTOM_ALT_H]
   [BUILDING:GUN_MAGMA:CUSTOM_ALT_H]
   [REAGENT:log:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STOCK_L:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:log:NONE]
   [SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]
   [FUEL]
   [CATEGORY:STOCK]

It is set as LOG here whilst the reaction

[REACTION:MAKE_HARPOON_GUN]
   [NAME:make steel harpoon gun]
   [BUILDING:WORK_BENCH:CUSTOM_ALT_H]
   [REAGENT:lock:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SPRINGLOCK_L:METAL:STEEL]
   [REAGENT:stock:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STOCK_L:METAL:STEEL]
   [REAGENT:barrel:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BARREL_L:METAL:STEEL]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AIRGUN:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:barrel:NONE]
   [SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]
   [CATEGORY:SPRINGS]

I think this calls for a metal stock?

Nagas are also unable to produce the Harpoon ammo. As they do not appear to have the reaction to make it available to them in the entity files. I think they need the following reaction [PERMITTED_REACTION:HARPOON]

Also Nagas appear to be unable to produce many of the coral crafts and weapons available to the MER in the reaction_highfantasy file. Their only permitted reactions regarding coral stuff/relating to the aquitects workshop is

-SI-   [PERMITTED_REACTION:FLOTSAM]
-SI-   [PERMITTED_REACTION:JETSAM]
-SI-   [PERMITTED_REACTION:naga_CORAL_BLOCKS]

This may be what you intended, that the Mer have access to the coral crafts/furniture/weapons and not the Naga, but since the Naga has the Aquitects workshop aswell it could be an interesting idea to include even the Naga in accessing those reactions.

Made an account just to say thank you for this cool mod (first post) :P And maybe help out some with a bug report.

-Best Wishes: Chbost

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Naga are unable to assemble STEEL stocks
You're completely correct, this is a bug. Luckily everyone can fix this without any damage to their worlds! Simply go into your raws in the SAVE file (must be the raws specific to your save!) and change the 2 lines

Naga are missing the reaction to make harpoon ammo
Right again! To fix this one, you'll need to edit one of the generic reactions in your SAVE folder raws under reaction_modest_generic:

Naga don't have access to coral craftsmaking
This one is intentional, to differentiate the civs, but just like other players, there's nothing stopping you from taking one of the other coral reactions you want to play with, and using it as GENERIC_1 or GENERIC_2. Please post here if you're having any trouble editing those reactions on the fly; there's no need for you to start a new world at this time :)

Chbost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for your quick reply!

The aformentioned fixes worked :)

Another problem i appear to be having is that the Forge Bayonet/Reforge Bayonet appears to be consuming the resources yet not producing the "blade" which leads me to think something might be wrong there? (Tried Steel bars + reforging copper weapons into bayonets, each time (tried 10 times in a row just be safe) reaction consumes charcoal + bar/weapon yet no output is being made) I belive i have looked at the raws and i cant find anything wrong with it under reaction_guns.

Another thing which might be a design choice or not just thought I would mention it. Played multiple Naga fortresses, the only producable "clothing" (Cloth/Silk/Yarn) is crude caps and loincloths, leading the nagas to have "Embarrasing thoughts about having the chest area uncovered" and eventually having multiple "felt humiliated dwelling upon having no shirt" which increases stress over long times. I have always put every civ member into the militia to forcewear leather crude lamellar armour to avoid this. Naga can produce tunics/all other cloting using FEATHER under clothiers shop but this is hard to come by, is this intentional?

Best Regards: Chbost

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This one is intentional, to differentiate the civs, but just like other players, there's nothing stopping you from taking one of the other coral reactions you want to play with, and using it as GENERIC_1 or GENERIC_2. Please post here if you're having any trouble editing those reactions on the fly; there's no need for you to start a new world at this time :)

This is one thing I love about DF. You can pretty much custom make your own experience the way you like it on the fly. It is the closest thing I've seen to this day to "playing make believe" in a video game.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Forge Bayonet/Reforge Bayonet appears to be not producing the "blade"
I'm a bit stumped by this one! Are you sure the bayonets aren't being moved to a "tool" stockpile of some kind? They are tools like foci, stepladders, etc. We can do some more testing - I rebuilt Blackpowder from the ground up and I think you're the first to work on its systems.
Again, as a hotfix for your world,

Played multiple Naga fortresses, the only producable "clothing" (Cloth/Silk/Yarn) is crude caps and loincloths, leading the nagas to have "Embarrasing thoughts about having the chest area uncovered" and eventually having multiple "felt humiliated dwelling upon having no shirt" which increases stress over long times. I have always put every civ member into the militia to forcewear leather crude lamellar armour to avoid this.
Ahhhhh, I think I finally know where the frostbite bug other people talked about is coming from. It's intentional but not working as intended. In the next release I'll give all the crude armor civs some kind of simple shirts and pants too. For now I recommend beating up some local GOOD guys, eh? Also I love your workaround, that does the trick too.

I love about DF. You can pretty much custom make your own experience
I could not agree more! Now, oops, I should take that, my master beekeeper is complaining that the Minidwarves are on strike again. Fort life goes on!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 12:49:47 pm by kiiranaux »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19