Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.08: The True Names of Things  (Read 58742 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile

I can't right now unfortunately, but I'll do so at my earliest convenience (probably tomorrow at some point).
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile

I know just off-hand that the Calamity megabeasts are affected by the bug, but I'll report any others to you as well.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Slots

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Here is a legends mode of a bunch of nothings.

Things to note however: I installed ontop of a LNP install with DFHack and the Meph+Vordak tileset enabled. Don't know if that would mess with anything related to to this.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile

Version 1.0.1 is live!
This version addresses the name issues identified by Plumphelmetman and Slots. Thank you! Other polish is included.
This version does not introduce any changes that would substantially necessitate a new world if already invested.
Only ~10 raw files, plus the readme docs, were changed; sorting raws by date (Aug 6 + Aug 7) will show those and save a full install.

v1.0.1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Legends mode picture showing calamity megabeasts:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 08:33:13 am by kiiranaux »
The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile

So funny watching orcs petting and talking affectionately to their siege engines. It's obviously a side effect of siege engines being coded as domesticated creatures for orc civs, but I still love how it comes across almost as an unintentional parody of stereotypical orc war culture. :P

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile

Had another bit of a play with my naga adventurer (and checked out their raws) and came to notice a few things:
  • Nagas have the spit interaction, but don't have a SPIT material defined. As such it defaults to spitting their first material, which is naga fat.
  • The fingers body part used has CONTYPE:GRASP, meaning that fingers get attached to their tails, since they have the GRASP tag.
  • Similarly, their punch attack uses the BY_TYPE:GRASP filter, meaning that those grasping tails can be used for punching. Using BY_CATEGORY:HAND should fix that.
  • It's not clear if they've accidentally had their venom removed from their bite or not. The injection part in their bite attack is commented out, with the explanation being that "the venom material is removed", but the creature has a venom material.
  • This ones just a personal and quite small detail, but their tails are very small for what I imagine "traditional" nagas to have (compared to their body + lower body combined, their tails are currently 1/20th of that volume). You can use [RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL:your_size_here] if you want to adjust that (5000ish seems like an okay value according to Dwarf Portrait, ignoring that the program is behaving a bit jankily for me). Obviously, this'll have an impact on the rest of their size and effectiveness of certain attacks.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

orcs petting and talking affectionately to their seige engines

This will never get old!

Their fingers get attached to their tails.

The stuff of nightmares! Thanks Atkana. I've got this and the rest fixed for Naga (I'll release a version in the next few hours) - but the fingers thing is actually Warlord's bug originally, so I want to identify which other animalpeople are effected and send Warlord a pm with our changes. Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 09:58:06 am by kiiranaux »

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website

Ran the raws through DF Duplisearch and found two errors: seagull men are called "albatross men", and lorises are called "lemurs". There are also multiple creatures called "moles", "beak dogs" and "worgs", but I'm not sure whether this is an oversight or intentional, especially with the latter two.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile

Ran the raws through DF Duplisearch and found two errors: seagull men are called "albatross men", and lorises are called "lemurs". There are also multiple creatures called "moles", "beak dogs" and "worgs", but I'm not sure whether this is an oversight or intentional, especially with the latter two.

It seems the latter two at least are intentional, since I noticed in the arena that they have both diseased and non-diseased variants.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello all,

I hope everyone is making great stories with the mod! All issues identified by everyone have been fixed. I will put out a release tomorrow (Thursday) for this week. I missed last week's release due to the wildfires in South of France - I'm safe!

Beak Dogs and Worgs... have diseased variants

One rare but significant hazard in the mod, which I forgot to advertise, is the prevalence of multiple mineral-based sicknesses and creature-based diseases. They are important for a number of civs, including dwarfs (yay additional dwarf gameplay) and kobolds (who are at high risk for the above, which relates to cheesemaking.) The mineral-based sicknesses come from known toxic minerals in life; they were well-researched for the mod.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile

Something else I've noticed lately that I suspect is a bug...the majority of the populace of certain sites seem to have a tendency to be heavily frostbitten for no reason I can readily figure out.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Version 1.0.2 is live!
This version addresses the tail fingers identified by Atkana, which has also been reported to the original mod author. Thank you! Other polish is included.
This version does not introduce any changes that would substantially necessitate a new world if already invested.
Only ~12 raw files, plus the readme doc, were changed from 1.0.1; sorting raws by date (Aug 14 + Aug 18) will show those and save a full install.

v1.0.2

The majority of the populace of certain sites seem to have a tendency to be heavily frostbitten.
Adding this one to the "unknown source" tracker. Offhand, my first questions are: are they wearing clothes? Is it a certain civ's sites or which ones? Possible vectors include clothing changes and, much less likely, body changes (what few there are). There aren't weather changes.

Also Voliol, great work on your creatures mod - I just found it for the first time and will be checking it out :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 02:50:50 am by kiiranaux »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile

It seems to primarily affect subterranean civs, as so far I've noticed it with halflings and orcs. And yes, they were all wearing clothes.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Glad to see this finally released. Here's hoping it gets some love given the amount of stuff that appears to have been popped in this.

Slots

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Are the calamities meant to die of old age? I just noticed that the only one I had in my world did nothing for 21 years before it died of old age.

I also seem to have run into a nothing again.

Looking at the names in legends viewer tells me that they are philia.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 04:48:37 pm by Slots »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19