Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.08: The True Names of Things  (Read 58759 times)

Sanguis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Highfantasy Mod/Pack 1.1.01: Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance (Major)[47.05]
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2021, 10:54:40 pm »

Oh I see. Thanks for the tip! My character at this point is an unkillable vampire killing 5 TRex not even getting hit once.

Sanguis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Highfantasy Mod/Pack 1.1.01: Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance (Major)[47.05]
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2021, 01:39:13 am »

Aether residue only needed to make the planar tome?

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2021, 08:51:39 am »

My character at this point is an unkillable vampire killing 5 TRex not even getting hit once.
That's amazing, sounds like you're making some great stories haha

Aether residue is a "waste product" of many magic studying reactions, including the creation of a planar tome. The only use for it is to "reduce" it back into useful aether salts, in both fort and adv mode.

Edit: actually that's not true! In fort mode, there's the alchemy reaction "Contaminants of Stones" with two versions. One of the versions takes aether residue - and this version has a chance to produce a light yellow diamond (the kind needed for the spell workshop... comes a bit late in fort mode, but I'm going to copy this reaction over to adventure mode for the next version too :) )
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 09:22:06 am by kiiranaux »
The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.

Sanguis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2021, 02:35:20 pm »

Are the demons you summon always hostile even thou concidered tame?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2021, 04:20:48 pm »

If so, I kind of actually like that idea personally. Summoning fiends from the netherworld to aid you in your battles should feel like a double-edged sword IMO.

Guess it depends on your playstyle, though.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Sanguis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2021, 05:44:00 pm »

Oh. Ive been summoning demons for a while and got a magic aura in my inventory. What is it?

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2021, 07:25:28 pm »

Sanguis, I think you're trying to master all the different schools of magic haha... don't forget that there are also secrets to learn, and sorcery, in addition to the wizard school!

Demon summoning: you know the reaction is labeled with "EXTREMELY DANGEROUS", right?  :P  Yes, the reaction has [IE_MAKE_PET_IF_POSSIBLE], so if possible they WOULD be made pets, but most of the larger, dangerous demons CAN'T be made pets, only the little guys. So...yeah, it's extremely dangerous, and it's very tough even to grind out for a hexing focus.

Magic aura: that one's a little less clear. Is it a spell essence (fish)? If so it might be the aetherial spell "sense magic auras", and you just need to eat it. "Magic aura" is also the material name for silence burst and aether burst, although i wouldn't think there would be a material leftover from those, but maybe it's a leftover from casting one of those? Unsure, I'm grasping. Got any more info?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 07:49:14 pm by kiiranaux »

Sanguis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2021, 08:25:56 pm »

I read about this item on spellcraft page. It is a sindrome bomb which explodes in your inventory. About hexing: do I need to actually summon the demons or only do the reaction to get it?

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2021, 08:38:19 pm »

Only do the reaction, I would suppose!

Sanguis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2021, 09:01:06 pm »

Finally! The legendary hexing focus! Where do I dump the two whole pages of demon summoning essence thou....

Sanguis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2021, 09:16:13 pm »

How many spells are there in one school? I already have 3 in pyromancy but new ones dont seem to appear

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2021, 11:44:50 am »

Nice work on the hexing focus! Obviously you should go to a quaint field and use all those essences at once! ;)

Oh, I should add a spell list to the OP. As of v1.1.01:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These numbers seem wildly different, but I tried to make it so that it would take about the same amount of studies (~100) to get all essences in each school. And the numbers will be rebalanced a bit in the future. (As mentioned, I'm holding the next update until there's something major to fix).

Sanguis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2021, 04:13:48 pm »

Dementia indoctrination does not  appear  on the ability list. Does this list have a limit on how many abilities can you have? Or is it some other problem?

Sanguis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2021, 04:26:48 pm »

Seems like it has a limit. Is there a way to fix it?

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2021, 04:52:49 pm »

Now that's something I don't have any idea about. I hope this isn't a vanilla limit - I'm trying to think of any other mod authors who might have introduced so many abilities in the adventure screen...
If it's a vanilla limit that kind of sucks. But i guess then adventurers have to kind of choose how they specialize...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19