Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.08: The True Names of Things  (Read 58734 times)

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Highfantasy Mod/Pack 1.4.00: Under the Spawning Sun (Major!!)
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2022, 07:07:56 pm »

Holy shite, this is amazing! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2022, 05:33:20 pm »

Thank you redivider, also nice Palindrome name :)
The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 21, 2022, 08:32:05 am »

Just downloaded this mod. Amazing, so far!

However, I've got a question. When I play as a Shapeshifter in Adventure mode, how do I, well, shapeshift?

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2022, 10:02:31 pm »

Hi Kyuukeysuki, welcome to Highfantasy!
I'm amused to say that it never occurred to me to actually add a shapeshifting interaction. This is mostly because I can't overcome the social networks present in adventure mode... which is most of the purpose of shapeshifting in fantasy media.

However. It should be fairly straightforward (a bit of work, but not overly complicated) to add in some temporary shapeshifting interactions to that creature for 1.5. Off the top of my head, I think shapeshifters should be able to shift into any of the 14 playable races (for a short time but with no recharge timer), and probably the other intelligent humanoids (like dragonfolk) too, althogh that's a bit more work. What else feels like it's really missing? Definitely looking at input here, although this is a ways off

Otherwise 1.5 work continues and it's almost exclusive language file stuff at the moment.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2022, 10:27:50 pm »

Just wanted to chime in to say this mod looks great! I'm coming back to the game after a long while and this has all of the things I was looking to kludge together into my personal mod already done, haha -- Sver combat, fresh coat of paint with the new beasts and civs that's stylish but meshes with the original feel, clean errorlog... I just rolled up a half-human adventurer in a town overtaken by serpentfolk and I'm stoked to see what's out there. Thanks a bunch!
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

holam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2022, 01:42:30 pm »

Is it normal for undeath to be basicaly invincible ? No atack that I use on them, with my cimitar, is eable to separate or destroy there heads and so I am uneable to kill any of them 

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2022, 05:33:04 pm »

Thanks Trees, I'm so happy you're enjoying!
I've been on a long, boring hiatus while doing some new language files (so you can name your fortress the Enmity of Spell Charges, haha), but Highfantasy is always on the mind. I'm also constantly reviewing notes from DF to think how I'll hand the port to Premium. it'll be a great time. Post your thoughts on the mod!

Holam - this is the one outstanding bug that I can't seem to resolve. Others have reported on it. Not sure what change to what caused that... I'll give it full testing priority once we're done with language updates! Or maybe it will randomly make sense to me one day like the former frostbite bug did.

holam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2022, 03:55:29 pm »

I think that I have found the reason why it happens, It is related to the weapon expertise and the body part one decides to chop, the higher your ability with the weapon the easier it is, and the more sturdy the part is the harder it is to cut, and it is impossible to cut a body part in one swing without enough experience with one weapon, making undead basically impossible to kill, in my limited experience
the easier way that I have found is to go for the neck with a cutting attack   

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 21, 2022, 02:54:01 pm »

Holam - thanks, that's really good info. I wonder if some changes in HF are making all body part connections more sturdy, and perhaps vanilla undeath ALSO make parts more sturdy, making this apparent.

Vanilla necromancy is hard-coded, so I can't edit that, but I might be able to make necks easier to chop off across the board, giving a reasonable and realistic way to handle these undead.

How is "going for the neck with a cutting attack" working out for you?

-------------------------------------------

Unrelated: Squirttle123 let me know via an email that the frontpage instructions were misleading on how to get that first faint yellow diamond, required for crafting a spellbook in both adventure and fort modes. I was pointing players to the wrong reaction; the correct reaction is "Create Spell Charges," which has a 1% chance of producing the desired gem. The frontpage has been updated to address this. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 04:18:37 pm by kiiranaux »

holam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 23, 2022, 01:53:41 pm »

As of now "cutting necks" has only been possible with a scimitar, also, as I have been trying different methods for killing it would appear that advancing in a combat skill has no visible effect whatsoever, which could be related to the problem, also half angels can shoot an unlimited amount of projectiles with there innate habilities, making very easy to get a legendary throwing ability. 

Edit : grammar     
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 01:55:37 pm by holam »

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2022, 09:31:05 am »

Thanks Holam. No progress yet on my side (Highfantasy time is being consumed with other 1.5 updates). If only scimitars work, it must have something to do with the combat equation and shear values or something like that. Sounds like I'll need to learn that in order to fix this... which is a bit of an undertaking. It'll stay at the top of the list though.

Preview: Highfantasy 1.5, which is primarily focused on increasing the language files to allow words related to HF content like "wyvern," has been expanded in scope to include the following two major feature sets:
-interactible Yokai system. Yokai are mutually exclusive with other monsters, and can only interact with the world indirectly
-eldritch eruptions. After penetrating the caverns, some common animals and creatures will begin to... morph.

FoggyHunter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2022, 10:58:23 pm »

Hi, I've only recently downloaded this mod and so far so good, but there are a bug I wanted to report and a question I'd like some advice on.

First of all, it seems that when I try to add conditions to a work order through a workshop (so not the usual job screen management), Dwarf Fortress just hard crashes.  Here's the exact steps that lead to the crash:
  1. Go into Set Building Tasks/Preferences mode
  2. Hover over Craftdwarf's Workshop and go into its Workshop Profile
  3. Go to Work Orders and que a new order for 25 wood bolts
  4. Go to the Conditions screen of the work order and add an item condition
  5. Change Item type of Condition to Bolts
  6. Enter Change Material menu
  7. Attempt to type Wood to filter options, and it is at this point that the game either crashes or freezes.

The funny thing is, I got it to consistently happen three times after the first time it happened, but when I did it at the same time as me typing this, I needed to attempt to scroll down the list for the crash to happen, instead of just typing in the filter.  Very weird.

But that can be easily avoided by just not making item conditions through the workshop itself (I think). 

What I can't seem to avoid is my dwarves getting their lungs rotted from just smelting iron. I assume this is due to the mod as it added hazardous materials, but I've lost 5 dwarves to smelting fumes alone in under half a year.  How do I avoid this without completely killing my metal industry?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 19, 2022, 08:28:56 am »

Hi, I've only recently downloaded this mod and so far so good, but there are a bug I wanted to report and a question I'd like some advice on.

The funny thing is, I got it to consistently happen three times after the first time it happened, but when I did it at the same time as me typing this, I needed to attempt to scroll down the list for the crash to happen, instead of just typing in the filter.  Very weird.

But that can be easily avoided by just not making item conditions through the workshop itself (I think). 

What I can't seem to avoid is my dwarves getting their lungs rotted from just smelting iron. I assume this is due to the mod as it added hazardous materials, but I've lost 5 dwarves to smelting fumes alone in under half a year.  How do I avoid this without completely killing my metal industry?

The work-manager is outside the scope of the modder (any modder, its a hardcoed system) to control, but perhaps something the mod has done has created a illegible field (though the mantis reports dispute that)

I found this &   this  relevant report on mantis from two years ago, putting in the words 'Woo' causes a crash.

About the lung rotting, i dont have much to say as a outside observer other than the severity x unit size might be too strong, since syndromes become more intense the smaller the affected creature is.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 08:32:47 am by FantasticDorf »

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2022, 08:57:54 pm »

Re work manager: see everything @FantasticDorf said. I believe I also encountered this on my last playthrough, and yes, you just need to avoid searching Woo in that way. It's a vanilla bug.

@FoggyHunter re black lung: 5 dwarves in under half a year is too many; I'll need to tune down the chance. I'll take a look at the syndrome intensity. I think 1 a year is the sweet spot.

That being said, I'd also like to add some counterplay for this issue. Some species should be more or less susceptible to this; dwarves should be less at risk and human more at risk. I'll make Earth genasi (lineage system dwarves) completely immune to mining syndromes in the next update, giving you a reason to be very happy when you get one. But it's not in the current version. Thanks for pointing this out.

One question - what's the primary ore of iron that you're smelting? Magnetite? Goethite? Let me know!

Smerg_the_Dargon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 16, 2022, 12:54:51 am »

I just want to say this mod is absolutely wonderful! I love playing as things other than dwarves, and you added a wonderful amount of unique content for every new race.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19