Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.08: The True Names of Things  (Read 58744 times)

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile
Re: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.00: The True Names of Things
« Reply #255 on: December 27, 2022, 09:43:23 am »

RE removing mononoke specifically, Can you give an example, please?
Sure. After updating you save later today with the new version,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 10:10:10 am by kiiranaux »
The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.

Vanzetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.01: The True Names of Things
« Reply #256 on: December 27, 2022, 10:53:17 am »

Hi. I tried this now, but there are still mononoke in the animal list on embark screen (they cost 3000 points).

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.01: The True Names of Things
« Reply #257 on: December 27, 2022, 02:07:30 pm »

That's correct. The particular fix I just listed won't work until the version to be released later today, which will also fully fix pickaxe wierdness.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.05: The True Names of Things
« Reply #258 on: December 27, 2022, 11:08:52 pm »

Version 1.5.05 is live on DFFD and Steam!
This version fixes a number of major bugs caused by sneaky code changes. A new world is not required. The bugs include:
-serpentfolk not wearing pants (they now wear tunics and robes to cover their zero-legged selves)
-wagons showing up empty for multiple civs (their pack_animals now have CAPACITY even without a wagon, since wagons come later now)
-inability to select pickaxes during embark screens, and scrambled weapons during the embark screen (for existing worlds, you'll still need to search for and add a pickaxe or tunneler during embark, but you can properly do that now)
-issues with plant gathering

I've shared the learning from these wierd new vanilla edge cases on the modding sections of these forums.

@Vanzetti, the solution mentioned earlier should now work to remove mononoke (removing "PET")
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=178840.msg8438809#msg8438809
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 11:11:30 pm by kiiranaux »

Vanzetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 29, 2022, 12:24:47 pm »

Thanks!
Another question: will it ruin anything if I remove the extended language words? Or just some of them?

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 29, 2022, 05:40:39 pm »

Vanzetti: It wont hurt anything, but make sure you remove them thoroughly. find the WORD token in language_words, and remove its entire entry, then remove that word token from each of the four languages (human dwarf elf goblin) and search for it in the language_symbols files and remove it anywhere there.

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 30, 2022, 02:08:21 am »

Can you link a version compatible with 47.05? I don't really like 50 and the changes that go with it so I'd appreciate it if the older version was still kept up for we who stick with the old version.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 30, 2022, 02:57:30 pm »

Sure Dragonslayer, I'll put a link to a "last 47.05 compatible version" later. There was one that I never released which is slightly more up to date that what was on DFFD recently. Later today.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 11:54:54 pm by kiiranaux »

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 31, 2022, 05:47:26 pm »

Hello, I just started my first HF fort on the steam release. My dwarf options seem to be part of the goblin civ, so I need a Tribeboss to create a squad, but I don't seem able to appoint a Tribeboss. How does this position work? Is it like a mayor that I need to wait for the dwarves to choose? Any workaround to get a squad going? My plan was to make a war fort.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 31, 2022, 09:19:57 pm »

Philbo - sorry about that, I know what's causing it and can fix it for tomorrow's update. When you download .09 from steam tomorrow, you'll be able to continue playing on your existing world and appoint the boss.

Version 1.5.08 is live on DFFD and Steam!
This version fixes infinite worldgen rejectionss. A new world is not required.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 09:23:47 pm by kiiranaux »

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.08: The True Names of Things
« Reply #265 on: January 01, 2023, 05:57:30 pm »

thanks I'll keep an eye out for the .09 release. That fort crumbled already because there was no water and I couldn't start with booze or plants. By the time I realized the issue everyone was too far gone. I'll probably try a reclaim in the next couple days though.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 04, 2023, 07:34:11 pm »

Hi kiira,

Long time no see. Was ecstatic to see this mod has been adapted and uploaded to the Steam workshop, but quick concern: I forgot to save the original vanilla graphics file (as you recommended in the installation instructions) before overriding it with the "graphics_creatures_layered" file. Is the original file just lost forever now, or can I still retrieve it?

I realize this isn't totally relevant to the mod or necessarily within your area of knowledge, but wasn't quite sure where else to ask.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Stimraug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 10, 2023, 07:17:07 am »

How do the tags ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK and ATTACK_FLAG_INDEPENDENT_MULTIATTACK interact, especially in fortress mode combat? I've seen them used for the weapons. If an attack is flagged as multiattack, how many times can it hit compared to one without a tag? A comprehensive answer about these tags would make me happy, thank you :)

TheKerberos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 16, 2023, 04:22:19 am »

Hello I'm literally new on DF, how can I play as Cambion/Succubus race? Is it "entity_highfantasy_type4_cambion" ? And do I need to edit anything or the civ are they the Half-fiend civ?

Olek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 16, 2023, 05:53:16 am »

Hi kiira,

Long time no see. Was ecstatic to see this mod has been adapted and uploaded to the Steam workshop, but quick concern: I forgot to save the original vanilla graphics file (as you recommended in the installation instructions) before overriding it with the "graphics_creatures_layered" file. Is the original file just lost forever now, or can I still retrieve it?

I realize this isn't totally relevant to the mod or necessarily within your area of knowledge, but wasn't quite sure where else to ask.

You should be able to verify the game in Steam to get original file back.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19