Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.08: The True Names of Things  (Read 58752 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: [50.01][Class+Prem] Highfantasy Mod System 1.5.08: The True Names of Things
« Reply #270 on: January 16, 2023, 12:00:05 pm »

Hi kiira,

Long time no see. Was ecstatic to see this mod has been adapted and uploaded to the Steam workshop, but quick concern: I forgot to save the original vanilla graphics file (as you recommended in the installation instructions) before overriding it with the "graphics_creatures_layered" file. Is the original file just lost forever now, or can I still retrieve it?

I realize this isn't totally relevant to the mod or necessarily within your area of knowledge, but wasn't quite sure where else to ask.
You should be able to verify the game in Steam to get original file back.

Thanks. How do I do that? Not great with Steam functionality beyond just installing and running the games.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 06:28:03 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 16, 2023, 04:50:42 pm »

How do the tags ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK and ATTACK_FLAG_INDEPENDENT_MULTIATTACK interact, especially in fortress mode combat? I've seen them used for the weapons. If an attack is flagged as multiattack, how many times can it hit compared to one without a tag? A comprehensive answer about these tags would make me happy, thank you :)

ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK       Multiple strikes with this attack cannot be performed effectively.
ATTACK_FLAG_INDEPENDENT_MULTIATTACK       Multiple strikes with this attack can be performed with no penalty.
Don't know how many times it can hit, but this is actually a vanilla question so maybe the wiki can help

Hello I'm literally new on DF, how can I play as Cambion/Succubus race? Is it "entity_highfantasy_type4_cambion" ? And do I need to edit anything or the civ are they the Half-fiend civ?

Yep that's right, just add that file. No changes needed.

The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.

Olek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2023, 09:01:27 am »

Hi kiira,

Long time no see. Was ecstatic to see this mod has been adapted and uploaded to the Steam workshop, but quick concern: I forgot to save the original vanilla graphics file (as you recommended in the installation instructions) before overriding it with the "graphics_creatures_layered" file. Is the original file just lost forever now, or can I still retrieve it?

I realize this isn't totally relevant to the mod or necessarily within your area of knowledge, but wasn't quite sure where else to ask.

Thanks. How do I do that? Not great with Steam functionality beyond just installing and running the games.

Left click on Dwarf Fortress in your steam library, then right click on it, on the menu that appears left click on properties, left click on local files, left click on verify integrity of game files.
Wait till it scans the game files, if it finds any files that have been altered it will redownload them.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2023, 06:24:03 am »

Hi kiira,

Left click on Dwarf Fortress in your steam library, then right click on it, on the menu that appears left click on properties, left click on local files, left click on verify integrity of game files.
Wait till it scans the game files, if it finds any files that have been altered it will redownload them.

It worked, thanks so much!
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Viax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whats does PREFSTRING:terrifying features] mean? rival goblins. Also, what is the right way to use them? herbs, hauling and fishing? ot they can do other interesting things? Poor i just got two.
1. New citizens come quite late,
2. Can i change POP_Ratio for some castes from 1 to 3 or 5? Dwarfs. Just didn't see other ones.
3. Does creating mod with Entity:Mountain, creature ETC and Caste:all with change to skill rust will override all castes attributes ? it looks like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So far it works, but i have only regular caste dwarfs (month played, so it's 30 days after embarking), don't want to make the game easier! I am just beginner, playing on hard diff, and i like hard playing, overall i always change something in mod files, just for myself.
Tried adding one weapon during game, with reaction to it. Is it possibile? Just wanted to make OP bow just for my race, and reactions for 100 arrows/bolts. game see these reactions, but no matter what, i am unable to make them. BUT IT WAS GOING GAME, should i make a new word?

Overall, this is probably the most complicated mod created and is worth the effort.  Outstanding work. I hope it will be updated with game updates too.

Third question - if i make it compatible with Dark ages, it it possible to make official crossmod edition?

Edit2: Caravan didn't bring any items :(( how to fix that?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 11:24:15 am by Viax »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]