Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Roll to Rebuild - Day 3 [9/10]  (Read 8620 times)

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Rebuild - Day 3 [9/10]
« on: August 04, 2021, 02:28:57 am »

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

I was inspired to run a game in the vein of History: The Minimalist RTD. This game is set in the recent past, 2003 to be exact, and follows a group of diverse, intrepid survivors as they attempt to survive a in a new undead world.

Spoiler: Game Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dice Rolling! (click to show/hide)

Character Creation & Starting Info:

The Zombie Apocalypse has been raging for over 4 months now. You are a Survivor. You have made it to the small rural town of Edinburg, Indiana, U.S.A. You are here because you received a Walkie-Talkie Transmission from another survivor by the name of Walter Briggsby. Walter is a retired Police Officer who has been sending out transmissions inviting any nearby survivors to come to The Farmhouse he is currently occupying.

The game will start with the Player Characters reaching The Farmhouse all around the same time.

Character Sheet:

Name: Real name, nickname or pseudonym. Very odd names may draw untoward attention.
Appearance: Brief description of what you look like.
Item: Weapon/Tool/Medicine/Recreational/Barter. Choose the type of useful item you would like to have on you when you first appear. The specific item itself will be randomly generated from your chosen type. You get a +1 to using this item, as well as any similar items you find in the future.
Occupation: What did you primarily do before the Zombie Apocalypse? Usually a job, but doesn't have to be; housewife, class clown, party animal, etc., are all acceptable occupations. You get a +1 to all actions related to your occupation.
Nostalgia: In the precious moments of peaceful downtime that come far and few between, what do you miss the most?

Equipment: [Leave Blank]
Health: Normal

« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 03:15:30 am by Machiavelli Corleone »

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Rebuild - A Semi Minimalist Zombie Apocalypse [0/10]
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 02:29:29 am »

Player List:
1.BlackPaladin99 as Calvin P. Hunt
2.Dustin Hache as Alex "Pet Everything" Karson
3.Naturegirl1999 as Willow
4.King Zultan as Zip-E-Zebra
5.Xvareon as Sam Dutton
6.Knightwing64 as Chris Mercer
7.Fluffee9911 as Pat A. Johnson
8.TricMagic as Tim
9.heydude6 as Caroline Brucer

Waitlist:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 02:44:35 am by Machiavelli Corleone »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 06:54:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 07:10:12 am »

Name: Alex "Pet everything" Karson
Appearance: A man in his fourties wearing a thick pair of overalls with multiple claw-marks from animal handling. Brown hair with streaks of grey here and there, brown eyes.
Item: Weapon
Nostalgia: Spending time with his pet dog Chaos.

Inital action (if sheet is valid): Attempt to locate and isolate a lone thinker zombie.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 07:38:23 am »

Name: Willow
Appearance: Human female with tired looking eyes due to not sleeping much since the apocalypse
Item: Medicine
Nostalgia: Not being hunted all the time, being able to sleep for longer periods of time without worrying about getting killed, being able to garden in piece without losing everything the next day due to looters

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 07:59:54 am »

Name: Zip-E-Zebra
Appearance: He appears to be of average height but you can't really tell do to the anthropomorphic zebra costume he's wearing which as far as he's concerned is what he is, the zebra is wearing khaki pants an a black polo shirt with green stripes on it and Zip-E-Mart in bold letters on the back.
Nostalgia: He's sure he'd be nostalgic about something if he could remember anything from before a few months ago.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 10:43:48 am »

Name: Sam Dutton
Appearance: Tall and leanly muscled, with mid-length, messy black hair he keeps scratching out of habit. Still wearing his steeltoed boots, blue jeans and utility vest from his last job, stained with pizza sauce and drips of coffee.
Item: Tool
Nostalgia: Recycling items, like taking motors out of fans and vacuum cleaners. Preferably while tuned out with an MP3 player plugged in his ears. He always got a thrill out of packing as much as his dumpster could possibly hold, burning anything combustible, and stripping down everything else for the recycle bins. Doesn't have the same zest when he has to do it to survive.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 10:51:28 am by Xvareon »

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 12:09:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The specifications of the weapon are going to be random; there's an equal chance anyone selecting the "Weapon" option to receive a melee, ranged or other sort of weapon. Just letting you know.

I fully intend for players to trade staring weapons and other items should they choose to.

Inital action (if sheet is valid): Attempt to locate and isolate a lone thinker zombie.

Actions will become available once the first turn is posted, which should be later this evening.

In general, everyone's sheets look good so far  ;D

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 01:20:11 pm »

I wonder, since zombies don’t need to eat, would it be possible to trap one and grow plants I. It since it is a corpse?..an idea for a “moving garden”…obviously teeth and nails need to be removed to limit danger, just idle thoughts

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Rebuild - A Semi Minimalist Zombie Apocalypse [0/
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 02:51:10 pm »

Name: Chris Mercer
Appearance: Chris is a handsome man, Albeit slightly pale due to long nights of studying. His eyes are a brilliant yet haunting blue. He is of European descent and has inky black curly hair.
Item: Medicine
Nostalgia: Being commended for his great work in gene modification and viral agents. Also misses his job.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2021, 02:56:11 pm »

I wonder, since zombies don’t need to eat, would it be possible to trap one and grow plants I. It since it is a corpse?..an idea for a “moving garden”…obviously teeth and nails need to be removed to limit danger, just idle thoughts

I would imagine it would be very dangerous and might even cause it to mutate, You might as well just find a normal corpse with its head blown off if you really want corpse plants, Don’t think the moving garden would turn out very well, But what do I know? I’m not a botanist.  :)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2021, 03:12:29 pm »

Cut off the arms and teeth and toungue, leash the result, plant plants, and I can lead the garden around, maybe even planting some in the eyes so it can’t see targets. Plus, if I have enough of these, maybe the non planted zombies won’t recognize me surrounded by the leashed ones. Other thought, I’d zombies are indeed caused by a virus and not for example a fungus, viruses need living cells to reproduce, so the viruses would have to be a lysogenic virus, that way the cells they use don’t burst, eventually, if a zombie is allowed to last as long as possible, it would eventually just be a pile of the virus, a very large pile. If I were to try catching one for the moving garden, I’d need to find a Usual one that is solitary, oh, I’d need a cutting weapon too before attempting any of this too, depending on the medical item, like if it’s a scalpel, thst would be a good way to cut the surface for the seeds, plus if plants are growing and doing photosynthesis, the zombie might be getting surplus nutrients/be used as storage for the plant which may or may not alter it’s drive, it is time for some experiments

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2021, 04:11:07 pm »

Spoiler:  Pat A. Johnson (click to show/hide)

(Ignoring the risks with eating zombie flesh grown food and how hard it is for plants to grow on moving stuff I dont think rotten human flesh by itself is the best for growing plants.)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 12:55:08 am by Fluffe9911 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2021, 04:50:31 pm »

Name: Tim
Appearance: Brown haired girl. Bown eyes, white skin
Item: Recreational.
Nostalgia: Fire. One benefit of the zombie apocalypse is getting to cause explosions and fires without anyone getting on your case. Sadly, the times where one can easily get fireworks under the table.. Wait, that never existed, so still as difficult, but no longer illegal.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2021, 07:07:26 pm »

In. Gonna attempt a woman this time. I've done this before a couple of times, but there was always some gimmick behind it. I'll try to play this one straight

Name: Caroline Brucer
Appearance: Naturally long-haired brunette who currently keeps her hair in a bun. Wears her old disheveled baseball uniform (minus the hat). Hasn't been able to find the time to go to the gym and has thus regressed into a more feminine physique.
Nostalgia: Celebrating with the team after a good game.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5