Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Roll to Rebuild - Day 3 [9/10]  (Read 8628 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Rebuild - Day 3 [9/10]
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2021, 11:18:17 am »

EDIT:  Before anything, Sam is going to tell Briggsby about them being shot at, and also mark on the bulletin board that the marked areas ("Mercado, the college, the neighborhood, the library and the baby store") are off-limits unless you want to get a bullet in you.

Spend some time searching around the farmhouse for any containers that'll hold water. Preferably a gallon jug, a milk pail or bucket, or even the tank from the water heater if this place has one. Also look for blades, good decent ones that'll serve as butchering tools for meat. Farms usually have carving knives or the like, those'd be perfect.

Go forage from The Forest. Try to find a freshwater pool, a creek or something to draw from; even if not, we can boil it later. Search for berries, persimmons, mushrooms and whatever else. Keep an eye out for animal tracks (or human ones), but those tend to be around water sources anyway.

"Caroline, you want to come with?" he offers. "That rifle of yours could help if we find any rabbits, or even a wild hog, though ain't gonna get too much use out of something too big just yet. Still, been five months since you-know-what, the animals're probably thick by now. We might even find some cows or whatever used to be at the farm, maybe they're still tame enough to follow us back."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 05:19:46 pm by Xvareon »

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2021, 01:59:04 am »

Upon hearing his walkie talkie go off Pat fumbles for his walkie talkie and replies to the voice "Oh uh alrighty got you loud and...clear just be a bit more quiet next time please?"

"We needed to make sure we were understood, no confusion no bullshit. IF we understand each other, then we'll be so quiet you'll swear we weren't around."

[I am reading through all the various suggestions for Team Actions. Another possibility I thought of: adding the number of people attempting an action (with any positive or negative modifiers they may have) and then finding the average and using that as the final number, rounding up.]

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2021, 02:17:05 am »

"We needed to make sure we were understood, no confusion no bullshit. IF we understand each other, then we'll be so quiet you'll swear we weren't around."
Pat gulps "Al-alrighty gotcha."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2021, 09:04:32 pm »

"Caroline, you want to come with?" he offers. "That rifle of yours could help if we find any rabbits, or even a wild hog, though ain't gonna get too much use out of something too big just yet. Still, been five months since you-know-what, the animals're probably thick by now. We might even find some cows or whatever used to be at the farm, maybe they're still tame enough to follow us back."

"I'm pretty sure shooting this thing would be suicidal at this point. Our farm has no defenses and if we draw a horde to us with noise we'll have to abandon it. The only time I've ever fired this thing was when I was getting ready to leave."

Caroline sighs.
"Had to do that a lot..."

"It doesn't matter anyway though. A tiny rabbit isn't worth a bullet when they're so scarce. Use arrows if you want to hunt game. There was a guy with a bow, Calvin I think? Ask him to come along, though I heard that he was getting ready to go on a different kind of trip."

It hurt to say no to Sam after he helped her out with her shopping expedition, but nothing came out of it and the tools problem still needed to be resolved. The situation didn't look good. It's likely that she'd have to venture into that cultist city despite Brigsby's advice, but she didn't want to go alone. Unfortunately, organizing a scouting party with this group seemed pretty difficult. Like it or not, Sam is probably the only person she'll be able to convince to come along.

"Okay, I've thought about it and decided to help search for water with you. If we split up, we'll be able to cover twice as much ground. BUT! I need you to promise to help me finish the thing we started together yesterday. The search for the tools I mean. We'll be going into that cultist city this time so I'll need your help. If you can convince any other friends to come along that would be great."

"Also, I'm not eating any berries you find. Most of those will just straight up kill you."

Follow Sam into the forest to search for water. We'll both be exploring different parts of the forest so in theory we should each get separate rolls. The animals have to get their water from somewhere.

((I think context will matter a lot with assisted actions. In my case I think two separate rolls are fine. If I roll a 1 and encounter a bear, while Sam rolls a 5 and finds his water, the two outcomes should be processed separately.

Actually, now that I think of it, perhaps stacking the outcomes is the best way to do it. If Sam and I were exploring together and we got those rolls, then we'd find the water and also find a bear. If there were 3 of us, then we might find something else as well. It will take some effort to have it make sense (I'd have to attract the bear somehow), but I think this will produce the best results. Rolling a 2 while assisting someone would in theory just do nothing.))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 04:02:55 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2021, 12:01:27 am »

Sam was already having second thoughts. Sure, gunshots were a problem; but they'd already been shot at themselves, too, zombies would've sure as hell heard that. But Caroline had a point. Damn.

"The thing about that cultist place... Blesgate, right...? it's that we already found out that people around here don't much like others pokin' around. Maybe we could say we're just hungry and looking for soup, but they probably had to deal with thieves too..."

When she brings up Calvin, though, Sam's eyes light up. If he's going off looting, then maybe instead of foraging in the woods, it might be better for him, Sam and Caroline to all hit shops and such together. That is, if they're both along with it. He'll ask Calvin straight up, since he seems to be having luck with food—"Damn, are those sour cream and onion chips?"—and, if everyone's on board, just go on a looting spree, though he's going to look for tools primarily. That'll wrap up food, water & hardware if it works. If a 3-man group can't be formed, Sam just goes with his original plan and scours the woods with Caroline, and also agrees to check out Blesgate with her later, danger be damned.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2021, 04:01:50 am »

Caroline agrees to join Sam and Calvin, giving extra care to steer Calvin away from rival gang turf.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2021, 04:47:44 pm »

“We need to develop a longer-term plan that the billboard.  I’m talking a garden, farm animals, a well if we can find/dig one, preferably some kind of zombie repellant, an inventions lab alongside our science lab, outer defenses, a more secure base, in fact, I think our long term goal Should be to start a new civilization.  Does anyone have any ideas?

((OOC: are there going to be more types of zombies?  If you can’t think of more types then I’d be happy *laughs evilly* to help.))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 04:51:43 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2021, 05:43:56 pm »

"Well, hell yeah. I mean, obviously animals would be great, and a well, we just gotta prop everything up for that to work first. Need water for the animals, need a freezer or a smoker for meat so we don't just blow it all, stuff like that. I'd love to find a pickup truck or, hell, a freakin' wheelbarrow would be a godsend right now to haul stuff. One thing I thought of was canvas bags for sand like they use to block flooding, those'd be nice to make walls with."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2021, 06:27:51 pm »

”Why use a wheelbarrow when you can use a Shopping Cart? Those are much easier to find.”

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2021, 07:17:02 pm »

”Why use a wheelbarrow when you can use a Shopping Cart? Those are much easier to find.”
"You try rolling a shopping cart with its tiny wheels over dirt and mud when it's full of stuff. You'll be carrying the cart itself half the time, and jingling like dinner bells the rest of it. At least wheelbarrows can handle rough ground. I mean, carts're fine as long as we're on roads, or even one of those laundry rack carts from a laundromat, but still."

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2021, 09:39:45 am »

Bump.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2021, 04:04:20 am »

Also bump.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2021, 04:10:32 pm »

Bump

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2021, 09:28:47 pm »

Bumping doesn't really work if the same person does it twice. The point of bumping is to show the OP that the players still care about the game.

I would love to see OP update as well, but I'm pretty sure they're dealing with school now. From experience, I can tell you that running a game is a lot of hard work. It can be very rewarding though, but ultimately it's a matter of whether you have the time and passion.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2021, 01:14:39 am »

What heydude said
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]