Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Tales of Eshtan Beerberry  (Read 6657 times)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tales of Eshtan Beerberry
« on: February 01, 2008, 09:54:00 am »

Before I begin Eshtan's grand (and very short bloody) adventures I must have companions! I will require four brave souls to start, and I will need:

Your name.
Your title.
Your race. (Dwarf or Human, no Elves!)
Your weapon of choice.
Your background history. (If you were a dwarf/human living for real inside Dwarf Fortress, what would you do before becoming a crazed champion of combat?)

Once I know this Eshtan will seek out a suitible NPC and the story will begin!
Lets hope I dont die too quick!

EDIT: 4/4 playahs have joined! Feel free to request a player and il join you up if I need replacements or if I run into someone who will do for you.

Imp, Dwarven Tinkerer, Swordsdwarf. [Status: one-eyed crazy murderer]

Omosh, Human Initiate, Axeman. [Status: not joined yet]

Jobob, Human Rockthrower, Drunk. [Status: alive]

Opan Dragonblood, Half-dragon Destroyer, Swordsman. [Status: not joined yet]

[ February 05, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Eshtan Beerberry
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 11:25:00 am »

Prestory to attract attention!

At the foot of the Point of Prophecies lie many dwarven halls, ruled over by a king that is seldom seen. His many agents are corrupt with power and drive fortresses into the ground to fuel their greed, only to raise more so they can repeat the process. Eshtan was nothing more than a mere guard tasked with standing around doing nothing. Though he seldom fought any real battle, sometimes catching a kobold here and there, he sparred in the barracks for most of his life and soon became a skilled fighter. Until one day Baron Goldjewelsilver, who very much enjoys his wealth, went mad with a failed mandate. He shouted and demanded a platinum statue encrusted with ruby, encircled with bands of saphire and adorned with hanging rings of diamond! The Smithy Guild and the Jewelers United Craftshop were scared witless, they couldnt possibly complete such a mandate. The Baron went stark raving mad when his statue was not delivered! He went on a rampage across the fortress screaming that the whole fortress would be sacked for this treachery! Goldjewelsilver was so angry he didnt see Eshtan and crashed right into him. Eshtan stared into the black holes that were the eyes of the Baron. They both waited in awkward silence when suddently the Baron shouted out for the guards, Eshtan was to be punished with 1683 hammerstrikes! A full set of masterwork steel platemail wouldnt help him now, he had to run for it, maybe go on some crazy adventure and raise enough riches to free the Point of Prophecies!

[ February 01, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 01:16:00 pm »

Im bumping myself! The story cannot begin until I have at least one meat shi- companion.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 01:35:00 pm »

Name:Imp
Weapon: sword
Race: Dwarf

Imp used to be a member of the mechanic's guild, and is utterly fascinated by any type of machinery. Of course, this has led to many, shall we say, 'incidents', the latest of which has landed him in quite a bit of trouble. He likes to pick up random bits of scrap and carry them around, just in case he finds some use for them. So far, the broken sword he salvaged is the only one he's actually found to be useful.

[ February 01, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 01:49:00 pm »

The story begins! I welcome the readers to The Absolute Legendary Universe, an epic world I managed to generate.

Eshtan fled Gorgebolted and the guards seemed too lazy to stop him despite the screaming Baron, who was now rolling on the floor crying his eyes out. What a pathetic excuse for a dwarf! Something had to be done with this lot of pansys! They were almost as bad as the elves with all their demands and stupid rules! He decided that the best course of action was to seek out an old friend of his; Imp. Imp seemed to be slightly mad, messing about with machines all the time. Still, he remembered the last incident... he would prove a very good companion, thats for sure.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 02:22:00 pm »

Eshtan traveled a along the mountain base, passing Hatchetbristles and Lanterncrystals. At last he arrived at Deepwhip where he had last seen Imp. The damn place was nothing but a dusty wasteland, and the Baroness that ran this place didnt do a damned thing about it. After wandering around trying to find the entrance he saw Imp standing on a sandy hill wearing a full set of steel chainmail.

He greeted Imp and asked him where the entrance was and why he was standing out here in armour? Imp replied that he had no idea where the entrance was, as the Baroness Sandypants decided it would be funny to cover the entire fortress is sand. He had been loading his gunpowder-powered ballista at the time he heard the sandy order, so he fled before he was buried alive, not bothering to remove his protection. That bloody prat'ess! She would pay for this treachery, not only was he removed from his home by the Baron of Gorgebolted, but Imp from his in Deepwhip by another filthy noble!

He made his offer: join him in a quest for riches and overthrow these bloody fools before they drove the dwarven race into the ground!

Fenrir

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 06:13:00 pm »

Race: Human
Name: Omosh
Title: Initiate
Preferred Weapon: Axe
Backstory:
Omosh is a member of a secretive organization, The Order of the Adamantine Fang. The intentions of this order are unknown, though many rumors abound. Their symbol is a a wolf with the moon in this mouth, and this symbol is tattooed on his right hand.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 06:19:00 pm »

Race: Human
Name: Jobob
Preferred weapon: throwing rocks
Title: Town Rock Throwing Drunk Guy

Jobob always lived a simple life. He drank. He threw rocks. He passed out. Repeat x infinity.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 07:03:00 pm »

Tune in tomorrow and find out how Omosh joins the party! Meanwhile, Helmaroc, since there are no rock throwing NPCs I cannot use that character unless you want a drunk, who wrestles instead of rock-throwing.

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 02:48:00 am »

Name: Opan Dragonblood
Title: Destroyer
Race: Human (Dragon born: Decendant of Dragon 'Obsidian Teeth')
Weapon: Sword
Backstory: A slave owned by dwarves, until a "Demon Army" destroyed their Fortress 'Heart of Blazes' and killed his caretaker, freeing him from all bonds. His is the first in a long line of future rulers, assasins, and swords for hire.

work in him running into someone and begging for food and shelter from the "COLD" if you can

[ February 02, 2008: Message edited by: DreaDFanG ]

Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 09:11:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Dark:
<STRONG> Meanwhile, Helmaroc, since there are no rock throwing NPCs I cannot use that character unless you want a drunk, who wrestles instead of rock-throwing.</STRONG>

Well, I know. I'll be a drunk, who ENJOYS throwing rocks, even if he never does.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 01:41:00 pm »

With a good friend at his side Eshtan decides to head into human lands. They tend to have mad, but rather friendly mayors, if you consider sending people on quests into caves full of giant cave spiders friendly. Either way he had no more friends in the mountains so the next best place to start looking for recruits was with the humans. So they set off across the cruel badlands, searching for any sign of civilisation.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 02:11:00 pm »

Eshtan and Imp headed northeast, soon the dust gave way to a tall dark wood. Eshtan was frightened of course, as every dwarf knows that the forest is a deadly place, full of murderous trees... Putting that aside, they trudged onwards, Imp hacking through the thick vegetation of the cold forest. They could barely see where they were going and were scared shitless when they heard a strange ruffling sound. "Its da trees... they're out ta get us Imp, be careful...". Well, it turned out it wasnt the trees that were out to get them, but a pack of wolves. Either way Eshtan was starting to panic, but having Imp next to him calmed him down enough to let loose a bolt. It struck the first wolf in the leg and they begun to close in.

"Ohshitohshitohshit." Another bolt flew and struck one of the wolves in the upperbody, that was one less wolf to worry about. The wolves were getting ever closer while Eshtan hurried to reload, Imp was standing calmly, he had taken out some old sword of his. Last time he had seen it, it was a peice of junk, but Imp seems to have taken care of it, and it was well sharpened. The first wolf to reach the pair leapt through the air at Eshtans throat, as it was mere inches away from him he saw a look of surprise in its eyes. Its body was torn open as it crashed into him, he shook the thing off him as blood poured from its heart staining his black bear leather red.

Imp's sword was completely red, and Eshtan's jaw was wide open, he noticed this and shut it before Imp could see him. The other wolves were still a short distance off, they hesitated when they saw what happened to the first wolf and Eshtan took the initiative. The bolt flew through the air and broke the leg of one of the wolves. Another bolt! This one flopped through the air and snapped one of the wolves tails in half.

Imp started taunting Eshtan, where had his fighting spirit gone? He let loose another bolt, it went right through one of the wolves head. "HA, thats where my fighting spirit gone ya nut!" More bolts flew through the air but Eshtan's luck had run out, he manged to mangle one of the wolves legs and its tail. Bah! He must be an expert marksdwarf to be able to hit that waggly thing! Pity he couldnt hit its head though!

The pack had reached the two now and surrounded them. Eshtan loaded another bolt while a wolf head flew past him. What in Armok's name?! Another bolt flew and hit a wolf in the leg, the left rear leg! Its like his bolts had a mind of their own, and just loved to hit wolves in the left rear leg! One of the wolves leapt at Imp and was cleanly butchered in mid air, and as it landed, its organs assorted themselves into neat piles ready to be cooked on a campfire.

Eshtan was aghast, Imp charged right into a wolf and sent it flying backwards, the sword danced in a flurry and the wolf had its body cut right open, blood spraying out covering Imp from head to toe! All this happened before Eshtan could let fly another bolt, and when it did fly it hit a wolf in the tail. "F!$?%" he cried out.

Imp charged at another wolf but this one wasnt so dumb, it jumped out of the way but Imp was moving too fast and its counterattack missed as he rushed by. The sword flew around in an arc and another wolf was cut open, its organs visible. Eshtan would have nightmares for months, nay, years. The last wolf was mad with terror, as Imp walked slowly towards it, a mad glint in his eye. He swung his sword and cut the wolf in half, its entrails spilling onto the ground.

Eshtan began to cry.

[ February 02, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 02:21:00 pm »

Did...did I do that?  :eek:
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 02:26:00 pm »

You did, seemed my bolts didnt do so well as your sword. Let this be a lesson to everyone who thinks crossbows are 'overpowered'.

Anyway! For the next update il make any wolf encounters shorter until we reach a human town and pick up a drunk and hopefully an axeman and a swordsman. As todays update was rather a big write up and im tired from my RP session there shall be no more updates till tomorrow!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4