Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl  (Read 16474 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl
« Reply #300 on: May 02, 2023, 08:58:45 am »

"I can decapitate you in a moment, or you can surrender now," Tsubasa calls to the stragglers, one hand resting on her sword.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 02, 2023, 11:53:44 am »

Spoiler: Ehto Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Loadout (click to show/hide)

"This is your last warning, scatter now or you'll end up kibble like your boss!" Ehto oh so ominously reminded the bandits before shifting back into her true form. The next moment she threw herself upon Nadan, her fangs snapping at his throat once more in an attempt to end him rightly.

Ehto Mauls Nadan again for 6d10+[14] damage, healing herself for half the damage done and consuming Might to inflict him with a second stack of shredded (-6 DR per stack). She gains Sorcery.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 12:03:50 pm by Sutoratosu Akira »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 04, 2023, 10:33:50 pm »

After Ehto mauls Nadan yet again, he's only barely able to shake her off. As soon as he's free, he calls out "Enough, enough! You win, Baron!"

There's an uneasy silence as Arint regards Nadan with barely-concealed fury.

Then she says, "You're lucky we have bigger problems than you. Take what's left of your forces and get out."

And with that...

Silence returns to Grout Bog. Arint dusts off her chest piece. "Thank you for your help defending the gate."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 05, 2023, 11:37:23 am »

Ehto
Ehto howled defiantly as the bandits retreated. She was still lapping up the blood she'd torn from Nadan's flesh as she shifted back into humanoid form and waved at their shrinking figures in the bog. "Ba-bye, don't come back! I'll finish what you started if you do!"

With that said she turned to Arint. "Don't mention it. Oh yeah, I found Steven- the defective robot -and it looks like rather than faulty programing he's somehow developed sapience. He's also found the likely source of what's been going wrong here and is planning to march on the center of the bog tomorrow. I told him that in exchange for the information and his help in the coming battle, I maaay be able to convince you guys to come to a reasonable agreement with his party animal nature. I know, I know, not what we agreed to, but the fate of the whole region hinges on purging this threat and we need allies where we can get them."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #304 on: May 05, 2023, 01:39:23 pm »

Tsubasa watched the bandits flee with an impassive expression. What a waste of time. . . She was supposed to be hunting monsters here, which is why she took immediate interest when Ehto mentioned what she'd found. "Was this an artifact, or a living thing?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 05, 2023, 03:38:56 pm »

Ehto
"A machine. So I guess closer to an artifact. Either way he was clearly capable of some limited reasoning, and what he shared lined up with the evidence I've already been gathering. If you mean the threat at the center of the bog, I don't know. But I'd bet a lot that the bogger head priest and all his little parasite mutants will be there to defend it."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 04:43:02 pm by Sutoratosu Akira »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 06, 2023, 09:33:26 am »

Arint nods. "That's what we suspected when the first expedition was sent out. Fellemo..." Arint stops before she can say more, though the way her eyes narrow make it clear she's both worried and angry. "As for Steven... I was growing concerned that he had fallen victim to the parasites, too. They've been known to take over machines sometimes." After a pause, she adds, "It's good that you made an agreement. I... know most would have simply destroyed him, but... his creation is a scientific marvel. Destroying something that might never again be..." Again, Arint stops herself.

"At any rate, with Nadan and his forces on the run, I think we'll be ready for a second push into the Bog tomorrow morning." She gives Ehto a map with a location and route mapped out - a route headed into the heart of the Bog. "This is the path the first expedition took. If we follow it... we may find what's left along the way.

I'm going to rest up. I suggest you do the same. We'll meet here in the morning, with a second expeditionary force."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 11:27:52 pm by AzyWng »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #307 on: May 08, 2023, 11:18:57 am »

Tsubasa nodded, and without a further word, headed back into the outpost to get some food and something to bandage herself up with.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 08, 2023, 02:17:51 pm »

Ehto
Ehto nodded and stowed the map away. For a moment she considered seeing if the prisoners might have any interest in tagging along, but she soon thought better of it. She couldn't be sure whether or not their past affiliation would make them more or less vulnerable to the parasites or whatever was influencing things here, but given the condition she'd found them in they probably wouldn't be much help even if they were resistant. Broken and bloodied did not good back-up make.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 11, 2023, 12:52:58 pm »

The night passes peacefully - which is starting to feel like a real blessing in this place.

When the group heads to meet Arint in the morning, they find her dressed in heavy battle armor. Her chest piece looks pristine, and she holds a strange staff that looks freshly maintained. A small band of Barons accompany her, and while they look a bit worn out from the events of the past few days, they’re still ready to march on the heart of Grout Bog and put an end to things.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #310 on: May 13, 2023, 01:21:03 pm »

Tsubasa appeared with a few fresh bandages, a clean sword, and a bit of toast she was still nibbling on. She nodded to Arint, indicating her readiness.
GM of Trespassers V2.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 15, 2023, 09:44:05 pm »

Arint nodded, and the rest of the team she'd assembled started moving towards the heart of the Bog.

The journey is long and arduous, but the route that Arint takes is an efficient one. The team treks for a few hours in the murk and mire before Arint, who's taking the lead, stops as she hears footsteps and a voice calling out.

"Spark Barons! Over here!"

A short Kra'deshi, wearing a battered uniform and visor, stumbles forth. Arint's eyes widen in surprise.

"Fellemo! Are you all right?"

"Now that the cavalry's arrived, yes! If we're lucky, we can go back and secure the cache before anyone else tries to grab it."

Arint gives the battered, exhausted Fellemo a once-over and shakes her head. "I'm the one leading this expedition. You need to return to HQ and get medical -"

"I'm fine," Fellemo snaps. "I'm superior in rank to everyone here - so you need to follow my orders!"

The Barons who accompanied the group look at one another nervously, unsure who to back up.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #312 on: May 16, 2023, 11:56:16 am »

"Injured companions can be more of a liability than a help." She gestured at Fellemo. "Rank won't close your wounds."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 17, 2023, 06:23:53 pm »

"Unless whatever is in that cache will put an end to the horrors we're here to slay, I think our priorities are already set. Do you have any idea how many fires Arint has had to put out so that anyone could even find you here?"

Ehto very conveniently neglected to mention they'd been the ones spraying the hoses on said flames but...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]