Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers v2: Monster Hunter: Rumblings of the Past  (Read 19142 times)

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Trespassers v2: Monster Hunter: Rumblings of the Past
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2021, 08:27:02 pm »

Once the Castle had landed and he had finished with his work Cell, like several others, got the idea of going to the top of the walls to get a good vantage of the surrounding area.  Rocky coast, distance fortifications, and dense vegetation abound.  With no more to garner from staying put than had already been said he boosted himself over the battlements.  He threw his right leg forward digging his heal into the air and rotating to the other side repeating with his left a few feet down and forward.  He continued taking wide bounds down this invisible slope until his feet met with the crunch of a rocky pebbly shore.
It didn't take long for the silver and pale green, half-mechanical, mostly dead adventurer to catch up the rest of the group.

He pulls up the inside of one arm to look at an amalgamation of wires and buttons, an obviously crude addition to the otherwise high quality servos and plates covering the rest of his body.  He punches in something on the buttons and a speaker at one corner of the device crackles with static and a computerized, possibly male, voice.
"O-on-on-on-on-onnnn-" *Whack!* Cell gives the speaker a swift smack to unstick it and clear the static, "Onwards?"
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2021, 08:30:57 am »

Newton

Newton flutters out of the castle, surrounded by all the tall trees and heavy jungle.  Fearing the obvious danger of his surroundings, Newton sticks very close to the walls.

Eventually, after a minute of this, he gets too curious and begins examining the base of the walls.  How did the castle get here?  Did it crush plants like it landed from a great height?

The castle, aside from the vegetation unfortunate enough for it to be directly atop, does not seem to have landed with any violence. It's as if it was absent one moment and present the next, with no interim process.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Opera House Smee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 09:23:05 am »

Venus

Venus emerged from the castle as it landed upon yet another location unbeknownst to him, though with the current state of affairs, delving into the new was normalcy. His surroundings were lush forestry depicted only in fiction and artistry from where he once came from, with the noble houses finding the wilderness a gauche prospect over the comfort of their fortified cities. It fascinated him all the more to witness the scene in person, though he resisted the urge to wander off by himself and venture into the beckoning natural scenery up close.

His associates -- confreres was likely the better term, given that the only thing that bound them together was their similarity in realm-hopping -- seemed to be more immediately concerned with any sign of hostilities. The Captain, or so he addressed himself, had suggested that the group venture to some wooden fortress of sorts, which piqued his interest, wondering if civilization coexisted with the forest before him.

"It would appear we have a direction," He said, to no one in particular, though he then eyed Captain Saejik with a veiled expression from beneath his mask, wondering if he would lead the charge as his stature suggested. "All that's left, I gather, is to give the word and move."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 11:44:58 am »

? ? ?

Those of more keen senses within the group might've noticed something rustling in the underbrush as they got their bearings. Slowly but surely, something moved towards them. Something fairly large, from how much of the vegetation was being visibly disturbed. Yet deceptively quiet given how no thunderous footfalls accompanied it. The haunting glow of fluorescent amber eyes was the first feature visible on the creature, followed by ruby scales that caught and refracted the sunlight like the jewel they so resembled. Those few familiar with the realm they stood in would be forgiven for thinking it a Rathalos, save for the long gleam of silver the beast carried in one of it's paws.

And the noticeable lack of wings as it's silhouette became better defined.

The rustling finally ceased as it emerged fully at the edge of the castle's clearing. Twas no Rathalos, but something far stranger still. An obvious mix of human and draconic properties, carrying a greatsword that easily dwarfed most, if not all, of those present. She herself was nearly double the height of the blade, with rose gold locks that shimmered as she emerged from the shade. The powerful tail curled around her bare feet suggested what might have caused so much disturbance as she'd moved through the vegetation. Yet despite her imposing stature, she made no move suggesting hostility. Simply placed the tip of her blade into the dusty earth, resting her hands atop it's pummel as her amber gaze flickered from one party member to the next.

"Lo, travelers. Long have I awaited your arrival..." she spoke with a voice far softer than one might expect, almost melodic in it's flow. "The matrix predicted some time ago that here was where you'd next land, and it was right as always. I am Brynn, come to lend my blade to your efforts against those who trespass on realities not meant for them."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 01:56:52 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2021, 11:48:08 am »

Newton

Hmm..  It might not be just plants that it crushed.

Fly the perimeter of the castle, looking to see if there are any good meals.  Did anything tasty looking get crushed or cut in half from the building's arrival?

Or maybe it cut someone's house in half or something.. there might be unattended valuables!

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2021, 06:13:40 pm »

Mira

Merely on instinct, Mira's hand snapped to the hilt of her blade, instantly on alert as the foliage before them parted to reveal the gigantic, draconic woman. Despite said woman not showing any hostilities however, Mira didn't budge from her alert posture, her red eyes seemingly taking in the new arrival before flicking towards Captain Saejik. Despite how often it was thrusted upon her, greeting potential new arrivals was not her job. Though, if this woman turned out to be local, then that made their job immensely easier, considering that they already seemed to know about the Trespassers.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2021, 07:11:16 pm »

Brynn

The Dragon followed Mira's hand with her gaze but did not otherwise move. For the first time she realized that the through the dense brush, the group can't see the carcasses of the small yellow beasts that attacked her during her wait. Nor the various other threats lurking in the jungle. Nor taste their stink upon the wind or hear their hurried mating calls.

"Ah, apologies for the drawn blade," she said, and let go of the offending article. A small black rift opened where its tip lay, allowing the length of silvered metal to sink into the ground and vanish from sight as if swallowed by some abyss."There are a great many beasts who call this forest home. A show of force is all some of them will respect. Others do not stop even then. I can but wonder why such creatures hurry to their deaths."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2021, 08:22:12 pm »

Kraken

Kraken had initially aimed at the approaching (large) disturbance, but after a few moments returned his weapon to rest. If it was a predator he reasoned, it would have made some noise to indicate it wanted them to fuck off from it's territory. If it had been a sneaky predator, they wouldn't have heard it approaching at all. Which meant that it was likely a non-hostile creature come to investigate their presence.... Which he was soon proved half right as it was revealed that the one approaching was yet another new friend/colleague. With a slight shrug (and a mental not that she seemed familiar... Something from Warcraft maybe?) he waved to the dragon woman. "Yeah, you got the right group! I'm Kraken, who're you!?"

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2021, 09:07:55 pm »

Brynn
"Bymildrilar," She said, returning his wave with well practiced motion before folding her hands in front of her. Not unlike a politician, or perhaps more fittingly, a celebrity? Those from more modern worlds retaining monarchs might even compare it to the posture of royalty. "But you may call me Brynn. I am a guardian, sent to help protect my home from things that should not be. The Black Matrix told me you are warriors of the same oath, and where I might find you. My father has even given his blessing to my travel."

She looked up at the castle, then back at the crew assembled so far. "Are there not more of you than this? How do so few man derelict fortifications so large? Let alone ride them between realms?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2021, 09:17:26 pm »

Kraken

The operator shrugs a little before scratching the back of his head sheepishly. "Well, the good captain here has more but they're busy with his ship! It's uh... kind of up there, somewhere." Kraken waves in the general direction of the sky, losing a bit of steam as he realizes that what he said probably sounds stupid to the noble(?) lady. After a moment though he continues. "Anyway, we were about to go down to that fort over there so if you wanna join us now's the time!" Kraken pointed with far more certainty towards the walled settlement this time, before turning back to the big woman.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2021, 09:42:46 pm »

Brynn

"Oh?" her eyes briefly light up and tail idly wagged as she searched the sky, only to find she could hardly see much of anything besides cloud cover. If she squinted particularly hard she could maybe see a tiny speck in the upper atmosphere. Tiny, probably insignificant, may have just been a common insect hovering. But the idea of potentially having seen what he described was alone enough to get her heart fluttering and tail beating the ground all the same "Oh my how wonderous! Ships capable of reaching so high are but fleeting dreams to my world, the stuff of whole stories and myth-"

She recalled herself and restored her earlier composure, looking sheepishly towards the wooden palisades as Kraken mentioned the city, "Ahem, yes. But of course. Your arrival has no doubt drawn the attention of many beasts here. Most will likely tread carefully, but as I said, some hurry to their deaths. The path to the city is  clear and well trodden, but I dared not venture too close lest I be seen."
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 09:50:48 pm by Stratos »

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2021, 12:11:32 am »

"Yes, well, you certainly display none of the distortions we observed from those Trespasser creatures, nasty business, so lacking any hints of hostility we may as well take you at your word," Captain Saejik hands the portable scanner back to one of his Stormtroopers after collapsing the antennas atop the device with a crisp 'snap'.  "Welcome to the...  I suppose team is the only word that truly fits."  A smile steals across his face as Brynn waxes poetic about the tiny speck that is his starship, far above, "Yes, the Renown does have a way of impressing, doesn't she?  Suffered a spot of damage getting here, and without the fine services of Kuat Drive Yards we're having to fix it by hand, so she can't venture closer to the ground for long.  But if we end up in a real jam, you might yet get to have a closer look.  In the mean time, we should probably head for that settlement.  We're not the only group based out of that castle and after the world-eaters, so who knows how long it'll stick around?"
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2021, 11:48:45 am »

Brynn
"Ah, I see..." So they weren't the only ones, besides those high above. She still had some inquiries as to how exactly the entire castle could move, but the Matrix's calculations thus far seemed rather sure it was something akin to it's own power. Though whether it relied on physical or more esoteric principles was beyond the current data it had access to. Brynn simply let the question lie for now and set off towards a spot in the bush, retrieving her blade from seemingly thin air with a deft flick of her wrist. Those of sharp sight might've spotted a split second of visual distortion from the action.
    "Come, friends. The path to the city is just yonder. Be mindful of the underbrush; The yellow lizards can be particularly ornery."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2021, 08:49:34 pm »

Cell pressed another button on his arm as he stepped forward, causing it to repeat the previous word.
"Onwards!"
He withdrew the curved, off-set sword from it's sheath at his side and began following the tall dragon woman, trimming plants as he went to make traversal easier for himself and anyone behind him.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2021, 09:29:29 pm »

Kraken

The operator fired off a short, playful salute before falling in line. As he marched he started humming "Fortunate Son".
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22