Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Performance?  (Read 1516 times)

ParrotPatrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Performance?
« on: March 31, 2008, 10:17:00 am »

Does anyone have any way to improve performance? As is I can barely walk across town.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Performance?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 10:49:00 am »

Well turning weather and temperature off is supposed to help immensely.  Weather doesn't really effect adventure mode (or dwarf mode for that matter) much anyway.

Supposedly playing in a smaller than standard size world will help too.  I know it helps in dwarf mode it will probably help in adventure mode too. Even just a medium world has plenty of room for adventuring and only needs to remember 1/4th of the map data a standard does.

Also you'll probably start moving faster once you get into less populated areas.  A big massive highly populated capital city would be much slower than a small town because every time you move, every creature in the town has to figure out if they can take their turn, figure out where they wanna go, and then move themselves.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ParrotPatrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 06:58:00 pm »

I'm playing on a pocket world...

MathijsBuster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 09:27:00 am »

Update your graphics drivers!
I can't stress that enough.

I had the same problem and updating my drivers made the game run faster than a charging elephant.

Dwarves: Death from Below!