Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: The Fortress Of Friendlytreason | OVERSEERS WE NEED YOU  (Read 34523 times)

xkcd1963

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress Of Friendlytreason | OVERSEERS WE NEED YOU
« Reply #165 on: March 07, 2023, 12:06:54 am »

Number 2 decided to follow his curiosity and investigate the shiny metal that has never been excavated properly at the lowest cavern layer.

:::

A great roar filled the air as the iron gates of Friendlytreason Fortress were thrown open. The very foundation of the fortress shook as a powerful force of energy burst forth with a deafening sound. It was a hellish energy, filled with hatred and malice.

The air around the fortress turned to an acrid smoke, and the land around it began to burn. The flames spread quickly, consuming the walls of the fortress and setting the buildings ablaze. The cries of the people within could be heard, but there was nothing that could be done to save them.

The inhabitants of Friendlytreason were doomed to suffer an eternity of torment. From within the depths of the inferno came the sound of tortured screams and agonized howls. It was a sound that echoed throughout the night, a reminder of the suffering that awaited those who had dared to challenge the power of hell.

No one could escape the grip of the burning flame, and no one could hope to survive the onslaught of the damned. The noise of the inferno was deafening, and the heat was unbearable. As the fires started to burn, the screams of the damned gradually died away. All that remained would be charred and smoldering ruin, a testament to the power of hell.

Specter Of Shadow
Enormous blob composed of ash. Has broad shell and bloated body.

Pterosaur Fiend
Spiral shell, long and wavy hair. Poisonous gas.

Spirit of Embers
Dimetrodon composed of ash. Has wings.

Slug Devil
Feathered slug. Has wings. Noxious secretions.

Wrath of Soot
Quadruped composed of ash. Three stubby tails.

Specter of Steam
Humanoid composed of steam. Has knobby trunk.

Scorpion Fiend
Feathered scorpion. Wings. Poisonous sting.

Demon of Steam
A nightjar composed of Steam. Two tails, bloated body.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To be continued...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 05:26:03 pm by xkcd1963 »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 07, 2023, 07:29:11 am »

Atleast none of them have webs
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

xkcd1963

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2023, 01:13:27 am »

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16507

After examining the old excavation site, number 2 erected a plan to prevent wildlife from a potential 4th cavern breach to infiltrate the fortress. The dwarves had never dug deeper and even though the magma prevented further downwards digging, the excavation material seemed to be durable enough to withstand the heat.

Year 238. As it stands, we are facing 20674 goblins:

Historical figures remaining (note the last polar bear man):

Events by type in Friendlytreason:

This is an all-inclusive forum, we care about all creatures in Gomathsil, doesn't matter caste, race or size!

Also, wtf:

Btw I'm at incredible 48 FPS! Is it maybe because so much cleaning has been made? The fortress is in top shape!

It has been only a small siege of about 20 goblins.

:::238-10-28:::
Number 2: A very distressed Number 5 approached me running and screaming that horrible creatures emerged from the 4th cavern layer. I tried to calm him down but he wouldn't listen. We activated all gears in order to close off the 4th cavern layer, just in case. What can be more horrible than a couple of zombies? He didn't see anything actually, only heard very frightening noises.
:::238-10-29:::
Number 2: Number 5 would not stop being in panic about yesterdays incident. I already warned him that he would be spending time with the pigs soon, but it made me think that we should probably investigate a little further. Number 5 usually has his head on the shoulders, and if he thinks this must be a new kind of monstrosity, maybe we can use this to our advantage.
:::238-11-02:::
Number 2: I decided to see how the current goblin visitors will fare against our new monstrosity. The gate that connects the surface with cavern 4 is not open...

The demons did a very short work of the goblins, on the same day there are no more remaining forces.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 02:25:09 am by xkcd1963 »

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2023, 04:35:11 pm »

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16507

After examining the old excavation site, number 2 erected a plan to prevent wildlife from a potential 4th cavern breach to infiltrate the fortress. The dwarves had never dug deeper and even though the magma prevented further downwards digging, the excavation material seemed to be durable enough to withstand the heat.

Year 238. As it stands, we are facing 20674 goblins:

Historical figures remaining (note the last polar bear man):

Events by type in Friendlytreason:

This is an all-inclusive forum, we care about all creatures in Gomathsil, doesn't matter caste, race or size!

Also, wtf:

Btw I'm at incredible 48 FPS! Is it maybe because so much cleaning has been made? The fortress is in top shape!

It has been only a small siege of about 20 goblins.

:::238-10-28:::
Number 2: A very distressed Number 5 approached me running and screaming that horrible creatures emerged from the 4th cavern layer. I tried to calm him down but he wouldn't listen. We activated all gears in order to close off the 4th cavern layer, just in case. What can be more horrible than a couple of zombies? He didn't see anything actually, only heard very frightening noises.
:::238-10-29:::
Number 2: Number 5 would not stop being in panic about yesterdays incident. I already warned him that he would be spending time with the pigs soon, but it made me think that we should probably investigate a little further. Number 5 usually has his head on the shoulders, and if he thinks this must be a new kind of monstrosity, maybe we can use this to our advantage.
:::238-11-02:::
Number 2: I decided to see how the current goblin visitors will fare against our new monstrosity. The gate that connects the surface with cavern 4 is not open...

The demons did a very short work of the goblins, on the same day there are no more remaining forces.

Woah. What on earth? I'll have to check the save file, you made it sound like the fort was done for.

No idea how 48 fps is being managed after a hell breach. And these leech demons are pretty sweet. If it wasn't for their supernatural tag, they'd have the potential for becoming reverse vampires.

Suckugly the vomit of pus has to be the grossest name for a slab I've ever read.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 04:37:12 pm by dikbutdagrate »

xkcd1963

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2023, 07:58:00 am »

19th of Opal 238
You've finally got your equipment together, such as it is. Now it's time for action and adventure! In the rush of excitement, you've forgotten where you were going to go. Perhaps some of your friends here can remind you.

I arrived in Necrogear after travelling from Axeshin to the west in hope to find an acquaintance; my ancient home was completely devoid of life since I last had checked a couple of years ago. Where did everyone go? I've many friends in Friendlydevils who I know since my earliest childhood, but it is a cursed place. Have all lost their mind and went there?

20th of Opal 238
Only after one day of travelling on a very dangerous path to Friendlydevils, I arrived at this cursed mountain of doom. It is currently snowing.
Approaching the shores of the fortress, I encounter what probably used to be a former lumberyard. Further investigation reveals that this place is litered with mangled skeletons, what an eerily sight. Climbing the mountain reveals some structures and I found a gate, but it is tightly closed.
Climbing further up I encountered the first living dwarf since I don't know how long. Mosus Consructpointy is a merchant. We talked a bit and he apparently a resident of Friendlytreason. Also he mentioned that an individual named Number 18 wants Shakenwhirls the steel speer returned. I asked him to join me but he would rather wait here until the gate opens.
I seem have to reached what looks like the mountain top, the sky is dark and my sight does not penetrate it.
Here I find a small hole that is leading to a flickering heat source, I climb down, avoiding the red glowing fluid and find an open door.
There are no traces of sunlight here, but the torches allow me to see. The first hall has two gold statues of pigs? And they are unnaturally contorted.. Why would the citizens of Friendlytreason worship such a low-life of an animal, moreover in a crippled state? Both statues also hold a rendition of 'Number 2', the statues had been placed here last year. What looks like the main staicase also has exceptionally well detailed floors of pigs.
I enter a very cozy housing with an artifcat figurine, how pleasant it is to look at.
Next is a room that has a whole in it.. but nothing more.
Before I decide to explore the stairways I went upstairs, this must have been the first mining operation conducted on this mountain according to the inscription (founding year). The next floor holds a column with a horrid engraving on it, from 194. What dreadful activities must have happened in this fortress is beyond my imagination.
I stroll to a leftern pathway that leads to complex, here I find a tree shield that shows some wear:
the display case here contains two mugs. Apparently the symbol of Friendlytreason is an old book about mating called The Tongs of Love... The complex also is a memorial hall dedicated to Bombyx Mori.
I leave the complex and pass by some smithy, there is another staircase that leads down. Upon further exploring I encounter an obese dwarf who calls himself 31. He wears an aluminium helmet with an image of 30 circles:
apparently the dwarfes here not only call themselfes by numbers but also are strangely attached to helmets that represent these numbers. The dwarf looks very injured and has sewn into his injuries a lot save spider silk threads. I follow the dwarf and enter into what looks like a very fancy throne room.
After some talking I figured to meet the locals in the tavern. However, the tavern was quite empty, and I only found strolling merchants and yaks. On my search for others I went into the caverns and saw strangely misshaped merchants hunting crundles. Following the carvings I managed to find the dormitories...

- When exploring the fortress I found a baby on the floor and tried to pick it up, searched through all the adventure hotkeys.. well I found x Perform action but decided not to use my natural ability to spit.
- In the dormitories I was handing over white stork bone rings for making myself popular, but of no avail did anyone join my adventures. I tried to joke "at least it doesn't rain down here" and again my charisma was not enough. After a while I performed a poem and this apparently convinced anyone to join me as entertainer
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 07:59:34 am by xkcd1963 »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]