Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Issues with husking soot in a bag (ANSWERED/SOLVED)  (Read 1604 times)

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Issues with husking soot in a bag (ANSWERED/SOLVED)
« on: August 10, 2021, 01:01:20 pm »

I've managed to get my hands on a bag of husking soot, but seem to be having some issues with actually causing my adventurer to become one. I've tried emptying the bag onto the floor before having the adventurer walk across the tile repeatedly (with socks and shoes off), lacing water with the soot before attempting to drink it (resulted in a 'No. That's disgusting.' message; putting it in a goblet and giving it to a companion without a backpack/pouch resulted in them not drinking it), dropping food into a soot-covered tile before eating it - none of which has worked.

Anyone got any idea how to make them go husk?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 02:01:07 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with husking soot in a bag
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 01:47:45 pm »

You have to make sure you got some 'soot covering' over you. This means you can't just drop it where you're standing right now' because your adventurer will trample the pile' making it utterly unusable' without getting covered. Your best bet is to take everything off' throw a unit of soot some tiles away' then crawl through the pile. Alternatively' you can try throwing it at an NPC/striking them with the soot' then grabbing the body party which has covering on it. I'm pretty sure it works' both on mortal and undead adventurers' although note that it might not show if your character is already several different abominations at once.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with husking soot in a bag (ANSWERED/SOLVED)
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 02:00:53 pm »

You have to make sure you got some 'soot covering' over you. This means you can't just drop it where you're standing right now' because your adventurer will trample the pile' making it utterly unusable' without getting covered. Your best bet is to take everything off' throw a unit of soot some tiles away' then crawl through the pile. Alternatively' you can try throwing it at an NPC/striking them with the soot' then grabbing the body party which has covering on it. I'm pretty sure it works' both on mortal and undead adventurers' although note that it might not show if your character is already several different abominations at once.
The throwing method seems to have worked - thanks for the help, Yarlig! Going to do some experiments and see how much of an abomination I can make an adventurer before husking.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 02:05:24 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with husking soot in a bag (ANSWERED/SOLVED)
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 07:55:54 pm »

lacing water with the soot before attempting to drink it (resulted in a 'No. That's disgusting.' message

This would probably work if you were thirsty enough, assuming you can get the syndrome by ingesting it.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?