Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers v2: Monster Hunter: Rumblings of the Past  (Read 19141 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Trespassers v2: Monster Hunter: Rumblings of the Past
« Reply #315 on: May 08, 2023, 08:24:47 am »

The movement passes without incident, and the wingdrakes don't appear to be anything but slightly rattled by the recent presence of the titanic dragon you just killed. Relius does not follow as the group prepares to mount up.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 08, 2023, 02:08:35 pm »

Brynn
On a whim, Brynn glanced at the researcher once she noticed the lack of any motion to follow them. "Are you not coming with us?"
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 03:04:12 pm by Sutoratosu Akira »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 08, 2023, 03:00:27 pm »

IP mounted up and was the first in the air, though she circled the area waiting for the others to follow her.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #318 on: May 08, 2023, 05:22:19 pm »

"I have other avenues to explore, Princess. Meeting your group was quite informative, however, and I look forward to our future encounters." With that, Relius turns and walks off, getting a few steps away before reality seems to ripple around him slightly and whisk him away to parts unknown.

Astera

"As much as the prospect of following you in your travels sounds interesting, I could spend a lifetime here in the New World and not even breach the surface of the secrets it still hides. If you could give me that sample, that would be helpful."

Their exchange goes for a bit longer, but after a while, it's cut off by the arrival of the rest of the group. A concerned-looking Commander and a less-concerned-looking Admiral hurriedly/casually stride toward them. "Nergigante was sighted flying away from the Recess. What happened down there?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 08, 2023, 06:33:07 pm »

Newton leaves a sample by taking some living or recently deceased small creature, like a mouse or a lizard or an insect, and grappling it, pressing some of his own energy into the creature.

"That's one favor for one favor.  I'll take my leave, then, I think the group will be finished talking by now."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #320 on: May 09, 2023, 06:36:01 am »

"Good luck, my strange feathered friend." The researcher waves a farewell.
GM of Trespassers V2.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 09, 2023, 03:08:14 pm »

“We encountered… a winged, horned beast that emerged from a chrysalis. Its abilities were… quite unusual. And Nergigante arrived to help us take it down, then left. I’m afraid the beast vanished without a trace when we defeated it.”

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 10, 2023, 12:34:44 pm »

Brynn

Brynn nodded in concurrence. "Tis true. The creature we found was a mockery of the natural order, a fiend with no place in this world. Were it not for the Nergigente, we would've doubtlessly had a much harder fight. I believe the primary reason it was running amok was to try and gather enough power to face the Trespasser head on- we found numerous discarded spines through the recess, as if it had been scouting the general area beforehand."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 11, 2023, 05:54:38 pm »

Kraken

The Mercenary nodded. "While I'm not totally sure if it's goals were altruistic; it certainly did help us fight the creature we found at the bottom of the recess. Uh, you aren't going to send any of those kitties down there right? It didn't look very stable and while Nergigante left some spikes it might not be safe for them..."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #324 on: May 12, 2023, 07:50:26 pm »

"I'll probably poke around down there a bit, see if we can't figure out where the hell that monster came from," the Admiral chimed in, a man having the rare distinction of being larger and possibly physically stronger than Kraken. "As for Nergigante, well. . . This wouldn't be the first time it killed an ancient dragon for us. Probably wanted to get itself some of that succulent bionenergy, can't really blame the spiky bastard. Don't worry about the Palicoes, although you shouldn't underestimate the furry little guys too much. You met the chef?"

"I agree with the Admiral. I have a hunch we won't see Nergigante for a while." The Commander nodded at the group. "I don't know what kind of weapons and armor you need to hunt your prey, but I can make some arrangements if you ever want to take some of ours for a spin and you make it back here. I cannot thank you enough for your help with this, especially given what you said about the dragon."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 13, 2023, 12:18:45 am »

Newton

Newton flies up.  "Sounds like I missed the fun."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 13, 2023, 01:36:40 am »

Kraken

The mercenary briefly glanced at the bird, raising a hand in a quick greeting despite being pretty sure that they hadn't met... And also that this was somehow weirder than the fact that in a span of less than a day he'd helped fight 3 dragons. Pushing the weirdness of the situation aside, he responded to the Admiral first, looking up at the man. "The chef? Uh... I don't think we've been acquainted, no." Images of just what this chef could look like filled Kraken's mind, especially if that was the response he got to showing concern for the "palicoes". Before he could leave it at that he turned to the Commander. "Oh yeah, I'd definitely be interested in seeing what your arms can do if I ever make it back! And it's really no problem, it's what we do, y'know?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 13, 2023, 05:34:05 am »

Newton

"Chef?  Do you celebrate victories with food?  That sounds great!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #328 on: May 15, 2023, 10:34:01 am »

Kraken, and whoever else is interested in food and/or meeting the chef, is directed up the stairs and past the blacksmith to an open-air kitchen staffed by several normal-looking palicoes and an absolute unit of a cat with muscles on his muscles and a deep, gravelly meow.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 17, 2023, 03:18:41 pm »

Brynn practically squealed in delight at seeing the Felines up close. Before she could recall herself she was gently petting the nearest one and cooing about how adorable it was.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]