Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Deadly Dungeon Crawl (4/4) STOREYARD SMASH!  (Read 1459 times)

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly Dungeon Crawl (4/4) STOREYARD SMASH!
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2023, 07:00:07 am »

Quick: Dive in!
Standard: And then get outta there!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2023, 07:11:51 am »

The ghost of Mirabel raise a skeletal warrior to attack this foul Tim

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2023, 08:14:31 am »

(And here I thought I killed you.)

Ghosts can possess furniture, summon monsters, cause poltergeist activity, and more. No more than 3 monsters (one for each ghost) can be summoned per standard-size room. In corridors or cleared rooms, Ghosts CANNOT spawn new monsters! If a ghost chooses not to spawn a monster, they forfeit the chance to do so for that room forever, but may gain more power with their next summon.
(I'm gone, but I did summon a monster. A very healthy monster that got ignored until it was too late. Burny~)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2023, 10:24:18 am »

(Sorry, but no, you don't. I'm gonna be limiting summons on rooms 'cause otherwise humans would get stuck in them for a while. You can still do stuff as a ghost, though! And if any humans level up while you're a ghost you'll gain more power. Also by damaging humans as a ghost.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2023, 10:42:07 am »

(Sorry, but no, you don't. I'm gonna be limiting summons on rooms 'cause otherwise humans would get stuck in them for a while. You can still do stuff as a ghost, though! And if any humans level up while you're a ghost you'll gain more power. Also by damaging humans as a ghost.)
(Makes sense! Otherwise we'd be here forever!)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2023, 08:56:13 pm »

The bloodied and battered goat manages to right itself, tearing loose a great chunk of jagged wood with its horns from the table! Shaking itself vigorously, it latches onto the closest four-legs. No, TWO-legs. Four-legs must ruuuule! It charges right into Tim's quite literal line of fire, but Tim barely manages to dodge, catching only a vicious scrape from the wood across her side. Blinded by blood and its own sweat, the goat bumps only another wall.

The pixie dives in to capitalize—FWOOOM! A jet of flame—and another—and another ROAR up from the furniture, their plumes slashing the air like myriad swords! Shocked, it jinks and dives away from one, only to dodge right into the arcing path of another. The poor snow pixie melts on impact with a ferocious HIIIIISS of steam. Not even bones are left.
FATALITY

Bonk!

Wait! Bones! The forgotten corpse of Mirabel stirs, and the back of one severely burned hand whaps Tim across the ankle! Spurred on by hateful energy, it grapples Tim's leg and tries to pull her down! But Tim has just enough balance to stay upright, in the core of all the fire and fury.

Tim, the Pyromancer [9/10] | Black goat [1/8]
Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RULES: GHOSTS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RULES: MONSTERS (click to show/hide)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2023, 08:59:41 pm »

ONE MORE SUICIDE CHARGE!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2023, 09:19:19 pm »

The book upon the pedastal flutters as accursed magic works it's way through the ink.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2023, 07:47:48 am »

Funeral Pyre! The flames slam down around the room, Tim safe in a circle of heat.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2023, 09:26:43 pm »

(I guess we're going ahead without notquitethere, for now.)

Tim feels a backwash—a tingle, spreading like an itch just under the skin, running like lightning from her hands all through her body. For a second, her vision swoons. Yet the magic yields to her control as easily as butter. Flames ROAR forth like the throes of a great dragon, sweeping the room! The black goat is incinerated instantly as its eyes boil, forelegs and head peel down to bone before the rest of it follows. The sudden rush of pressure swats its body to the side, crumpled amidst an inferno of burning furniture.

The chaotic magic in the book reacts to Tim's spell! Pages of old parchment flip in the hot air, seemingly immune to the blaze. Wyrd words glow ablaze with malignant force, and the power rushes for her like a magnet!!

FWOOOOOOSH!! All fire in the room BLOSSOMS upwards, leaving the ground behind as if something plucked it and tossed it in the air like rose petals. It splashes across the roof in a glorious display of dancing flame, but the mana feels... wrong. Twisted, in a similar fashion to how it does only fleetingly when Tim uses her die. Then... the fire slowly vanishes, like so much smoke.

It leaves behind only ashes. Ashes, and a scarred, moderately-burnt pyromancer... ...except the scars run too deep to be at all natural. Her chest looks burnt down to the ribs, but those have now fused together in a hideous but sturdy cocoon of intermeshed bone and... something that looks and feels like a kind of metal. Tim is able to move as she was before, not entirely unscathed... but not unchanged.
LEVEL UP!

The locks on both doors click open...

Tim, the Pyromancer [11/18]
Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RULES: GHOSTS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RULES: MONSTERS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 07:52:21 pm by Xvareon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2023, 09:35:49 pm »

Standard: Search the room for any goodies left unburnt. Also maybe grab that reflective staff.
Quick: Roll 1d6 for a breather. (and some healing during the rest.) Might backfire, but eh, what's life without a risk or two for greater gains later.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2023, 11:54:17 pm »

(poke?)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]