Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl  (Read 16494 times)

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2021, 01:17:41 am »

Carlito

So grifting was a way of life out here. Once grifting becomes a pillar of your economy, society inevitably decays. It made sense that so much of the landscape was dominated by these shanty hovels that reeked of want and destitution.

Life isn't black and white, and as low as Carlito held the weasely grifter, he recognized the greater threat of a "Queen" running the show. In Carlito's experience, if a community were worried about a "Queen", she was one of two things. One, a sun-tanned psuedo-glamor cougar with a yappy little shit excuse for a dog that ruined the lives of one too many boys who believed themselves to be men. The second type of Queen was a middle-aged widow who took over the Black Hand affairs of her deceased husband, inheriting his throne and ruling with a venomous cruelty that confounded even the hardest of men. In this case, Carlito assumed the "Flead Queen" was more of the latter.

"Flea Queen? I hope she don't got bedbugs. Lemme' go see why she's bustin' balls of all these twobit hustlers. And don't you two kids go off gettin' into more trouble, the next time something happens I might not be around to save your ass. Ciao." Carlito waves to them with his pistol still in hand and then tucks it back into his jacket before heading onwards.

[Go to the Grout Bog Regional Headquarters and see what all this mess is concerning the grifters and Flead Queen.]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2021, 10:07:34 am »

Rory

The Faunus looks over the new character, nodding in return before returning to half inspecting them while they converse with the dog woman. When the question of his work is brought up he straightens up, nodding. "I do believe so. Apparently there was a shortage of prepackaged food and due to some... past incidents, the workers had been refusing to eat the chef's cooking. I managed to convince them to be less picky so the situation should be handled."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2021, 03:19:30 pm »

Ehto

The Shroke lieutenant examines the map closely, then lets out a heavy sigh. "Of course it'd be where they..." Arint shakes her head. "Never mind. Thank you for bringing them in alive and relaying this information to me. Here's the reward. As for the High Priest? I'm afraid we don't know anything about them. The Boggers have never told us much about their hierarchy..."

Ehto gains 150 Shills!

After handing Ehto the pouch of shills, she looks over the prisoners - long enough that even Pock squirms beneath her gaze. Then her hard stare turns into... a look of worry. "Boggers letting themselves get put into the custody of Barons... what in Hesh's name is going on in there...?

After a moment to re-focus, Arint says, "I understand you've already been given the basics on what's happened here. To reiterate... a few days ago, Regional Manager Lellyn Fellemo led an expedition into the Deep Bog, seeking out a weapons cache that would have helped eliminate the Rise threat. We know that the Rise were also seeking this same cache for their own ends, and that they sent their own team as well. " Arint's eyes look downward for a moment before meeting Ehto's again. "Fellemo and the others were meant to report back two days ago. Obviously, that hasn't happened. And it seems the Boggers are taking this opportunity to try to kill or force out everyone in Grout Bog. As if that weren't enough, we've got Spree attacks, Baron deserters, assassins picking off random people, and more aggressive wildlife.

That's why we're paying you. Keep Grout Bog from falling apart, and you’ll have the Spark Baron’s gratitude - and payment from their treasuries. Any questions?"

Hibiki and Sal

Sal nods, keeping watch over the assassin in case he wakes up. The Barons continue their work, and eventually one of them gets the assassin in for processing. "Guess not. One question, though... The bounty was just for us to stop him. Why bring him in alive?"

Rory

Imiko nods. “Ah, you’re referring to Rug. Glad to hear you managed to calm things down without violence - as long as workers don’t start getting sick again. Here’s the pay. Good work.”

Rory gains 150 Shills!

Carlito

Brill and Veep exchange another look, then just smile and nod. "R-right. We’ll... we’ll try.”

Before Carlito leaves, Veep pushes the Healing Vapors into his hand. “Look, if you’re gonna go there... just take this, okay? You saved my life... this might help save yours, too. Maybe...”

Carlito gets:

Healing Vapor:
Level 3 -
Gives the user or an ally 20 Healing Vapor. At the end of every turn, everyone with Healing Vapor restores health equal to the number of stacks, and reduces stacks by 5.
Usable once, and is then destroyed.

The trip to the Grout Bog Regional Headquarters is a relatively short one. A pair of people in uniform give Carlito an odd look, but pass by when they see he’s headed toward the Grout Bog Regional Headquarters.

As Carlito approaches the Headquarters proper, one of the Barons points him towards a group of people. Someone with dog ears, a muscled man with some kind of... cannon? And a Shroke woman who’d got some kind of weapon installed into her chest.

The Shroke turns towards Carlito, face expressionless. “Ah. You’re the grifter who made it into Grout Bog without anyone else’s knowledge. How did you get here?”

Tsubasa

The guard looks to his partner, then back to Tsubasa. “Besides the fact it’s formed here, of all places? Nothing unusual. Though, with the reports we’ve seen...” He glances down at Tsubasa’s weapon. “Not sure cutting it open is such a good idea. Internal parasites, or some such thing, just waiting for something to set them free. If you think you can take it on... then all right. We’ll be here doing sweeps of the area - make sure none of those erchins get away. I’m sure as Hesh not going in there...”

The two guards accompanying the party simply shake their heads sadly, their own flamethrowers at the ready in case of an ambush.

Utzi

Looking into the worksite - which mostly resembles a large hole in the ground with unfamiliar machines and structures scattered about, Utzi sees... not much of interest. While there are large tracks everywhere, there isn’t any sign of the Erchins themselves... not yet, at least. They must be deeper within the worksite.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 03:26:26 pm by AzyWng »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2021, 03:22:30 pm »

Tsubasa

"If you have something better for a swordsman to use on this, then by all means, suggest it." She shrugged, then looked toward Utzi. "Let's get going. The sooner we take it down, the better."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2021, 08:21:36 am »

Ehto

"Hmmm, I see..." The hellhound said as she pocketed the shills. It was a bit disappointing to not have any information on who or what this 'Glofriam' fellow was and what he was capable of, but it wasn't surprising given the apparent adversity between the boggers and barons. She took a long glance at the captured boggers before turning back to Arint, obviously contemplating something. "These 'Rise' people you mention are.... rebels around here, right? Do you think there's any chance their interests align with Glofriam's boggers enough for them to potentially be collaborating? The timing of all these issues sounds like a perfect storm for both groups. Too perfect."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2021, 12:16:46 pm »

Utzi
Utzi sweeps his eyes over the worksight one last time, noting the lack of evidence of the Erchinlord. "Agreed. We are burning daylight. There is no cliff to drive the beast off here, and even if there were, I do not know enough about it to confidently say I could drive it off one even if there was. And we certainly don't have the time to construct any more complex trap. The only strategy we can use is to attack and hope for the best." With that, the caveman begins to walk forward. "Let's hunt."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 08:17:08 pm by nuclearwhale »

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2021, 06:11:17 am »

Friedhold

"Perhaps things are not so simple my friend.  Hmm parasites...I may have something for this."
He opens his coat to reveal a collection of vials holding serums, chemicals, and what looks like blood.  After a few moments of mixing drops and dabs into one of the "blood" vials he loads it into a small syringe and injects it into his wrist.  He grabs his wrist and grunts in pain, dropping the syringe as he does.  Smooth wisps of green light gather around the open hand and the bones of it glow from within.  Then the light changes, becoming sharper, popping and sparking into small flames instead of flowing.  It fades after a few seconds and he takes a deep sigh of relief.
"I am ready to descend now."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2021, 01:21:06 am »

In the Book of Relevations, there would come an era where the faces and beasts intermingling, where eyes and ears attach to bodies at unpredictable intervals, where flesh would be warped and bizarre. Carlito does his best to conceal the instinctive revulsion when he comes upon this new group, even more (in his parlance) fucked up than the last semi-humans.

"Nice weather we're having," he said as complete filler, glancing up at the sky merely so he could have a couple second's to steel himself into a professional appearance. "They call me a grifter. So to say. In a manner of speaking," he at once addressed himself affirmatively while also trying to distance himself from that labeled which he disdained.

"I guess I just sorta' walked in here, y'know? Saw there was something goin' on 'round the way. Wasn't stopped by no cops, ah, guards I mean. And all my papers are legit if you wanna' check 'em." Carlito didn't want to lean on his false identity too hard, and so pivoted the conversation. "If you need someone hit, Queen or servant or whatevah', I'm your man. I go in there clean, no mess, no drama." He opens his leather jacket enough to splay the pistol tucked in between his hip and the rim of his pants. "I don't need nothin' crazy, no choppas' or sawed-offs or any S.W.A.T. type of shit."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2021, 04:47:01 pm »

Tsubasa, Utzi, Friedhold and Nessa, and Shel

Shel and the Barons look at Friedhold’s... chemistry process with some concern, especially when he injects himself. The guards just watch the group as they descend deeper and deeper. Shel looks increasingly nauseated by the stronger stench, but manages to keep going.

And that’s when it appears.

A massive ball of fur leaps forwards, supported by a pair of bird-like legs that have a massive set of talons. As the Erchinlord snarls at the party, a few more Erchins move in to attack...

Battle begins!

Spoiler: Status and Turn Order: (click to show/hide)

Ehto

Arint shakes her head. “That’s unlikely, considering that Rise and Boggers have killed one another from the beginning of this conflict. Besides, the Rise rely on the support of the workers, and many of them have been hurt or killed during the recent attacks as well. Still, it’s not a possibility we can discount entirely. We still don’t know the full effects of the Bog Parasites that we’ve seen in the bodies of the Boggers...”

Carlito

Arint looks Carlito over with suspicion, then glances over to Ehto for a moment. Turning back to Carlito, Arint said, “The gate guard was given explicit orders to report any new arrivals, and no-one on the roster has the name ‘Carlito’. But I suppose that’s not relevant at this point. If you’re willing to help exterminate the Flead Queen, that’s all the better. Though it sounds like you don’t know very much about it... What do you know about Fleads?”
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 06:37:17 pm by AzyWng »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2021, 05:18:39 pm »

Tsubasa

The demon slayer glanced over the beasts, trying her best to ignore the stench. She turned her head toward Shel, and gave her a slight nod. The other two could probably handle themselves, but she looked vulnerable, which called for Tsubasa's own talents.

Third Form on Shel, intercepting the next 3 attacks against her.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2021, 07:24:34 pm »

Utzi

As the Erchinlord erupts out of hiding, a small smile forms on Utzi's face. It doesn't last long, however, as he takes stock of the situation and notices that the Erchinlord brought far more allies than he would have liked. With a snarl unbecoming of a man from more civilized times, Utzi feels something deep inside of him shift, causing a burst of bitterly cold air to assail all of his foes!

Cold Snap on all enemies within 3 init of Utzi (Which is every Erchin.) Deals SYN(7) + 3d4 Damage. Also, every enemy hit loses 2 init.

As he does this, the strange bone artifact he purchased at the Bazaar Beyond Time begins to glow, and a small tendril of bone sprouts from the ground somewhere on the battlefield!

Mercurial Rachis: At the beginning of each round creates a [Ward of Bone] at a random Init slot between the highest currently filled and 0.  All characters in that slot or either of the two bordering it gain +20% damage dealt.

Spoiler: Utzi Sheet (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 07:29:03 pm by nuclearwhale »

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2021, 02:05:49 am »

Friedhold crinkles his nose as he enters the Erchin den.  He was used to foul smells, like week-old bodies or most of the people in Rapture after clean water got scarce, but this was a bit much for even him.  Nessa on the other hand spent the entire walk up clutching a hand over her nose and mouth and occasionally coughing.

Once the creature finally appeared he opted to leave both hands free for plasmids, flickers of green flames in one and bright blue arcs in the other as he gestured towards the largest beast and let loose a bolt of lightning.

Friedhold uses Electro Bolt IV on the Erchinlord dealing 3d6+18 Electric damage and inflicting Stun.

Stats:
Eve 9/9
Adam 3
HP 72/72
Armored Shell 20/20

Loadout
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2021, 12:11:35 pm »

Ehto
The caster merely shook her head at Arint's glance. She'd never seen this man before in her life, there was no way he was one of theirs. She didn't even understand half of what the weirdo had said just now. Frankly though, she had more important things to worry about. Things that Arint clearly didn't have the answer to, but there were three prisoners just yonder who might.

"Sooooo..." She approached the three boggers they'd brought in, looking each in the eye despite her diminutive form. "Bog Parasites eh? You guys know anything about that?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 25, 2021, 04:05:28 am »

Carlito

"Don't worry 'bout the list, I'm usedta' being left off." For the first time in a while, his lips contorted into a half-smile. He recalls a funny anecdote about bluffing his way into the nightclub with the persona 'Jin Levi' a Chinese-Jewish stockbroker, but decides to speak of it at another time. "Anyways, fleas? Fuckers will cover your whole crib in a matter of hours, and get all up in your bedsheets. I know a guy in Flushing, we used to be on the same Tee-ball team back in da' day. I can give you his number if you want."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2022, 06:00:06 pm »

Carlito
Arint facepalms. “This isn’t some infestation of tiny insects! Fleads are dangerous beasts that are capable of tearing apart mechs in sufficient numbers - and the Flead Queen’s presence means they have those numbers.”
The Shroke hands Carlito a file describing Fleads in detail, complete with photos, anatomical drawings, and a chart revealing that regular Fleads are similar in size to a large dog, while flead queens are about the size of a SUV. According to the file, the main dangers of Fleads come from their bites, which can cause serious wounds, and their stings, which can impair a target’s ability to fight back. Once they pupate, Fleads gain a hard carapace that usually requires multiple attacks from weapons to fully defeat, making them deceptively tough. Flead Queens are described as even more dangerous, with a psionic link that can command lesser Fleads, an even thicker carapace, and the ability to fire spines at groups of foes. Flead Queens are also capable of releasing larvae - and a number of reports in the file list numerous casualties as a result of this, as the larvae are capable of inflicting wounds as well.
   “As if that weren’t enough... there have been reports of the wildlife being infected with parasites, as well. If you’re still willing to take these things on... don’t get careless.”

Ehto
The Boggers look at one another warily. Then Krikith speaks up.
“Some who stay here long enough, or travel deep enough receive the touch of the Bog. A seed, hand-picked by our god. Those who can survive its touch and nurture it can share in the strength and harmony that the Bog provides. Or... so we thought.”
Krikith and the others try to explain further, but they get too caught up in their crisis of faith to be of much help.

Tsubasa, Utzi, Friedhold and Nessa, and Shel

Utzi’s Mecurial Rachis activates. A [Ward of Bone] is created at 11 INIT. No-one is in range (for now) so no-one is affected.

Tsubasa moves forth to defend Shel from harm.

Tsubasa uses Third Form, causing her to intercept the next three (3) attacks that target Shel.

Tsubasa gains 1 Yang from performing a supportive action.

Shel shouts at the Erchins angrily. “I’m not afraid of you!”

Shel uses Rally on herself, gaining 1 Power.

Utzi uses Cold Snap, hitting Erchins A, B, C, and the Erchinlord, hitting them for (7+4+4+4) 19 damage! All four targets also lose 2 INIT.

Erchins A, B, and C all flee - and are replaced by three more Erchins.

Erchins A, B and C are replaced by Erchins A-1, B-1, and C-1. These Erchins appear at INIT 4.

The Erchinlord lets out a roar of its own and leaps at Tsubasa, claws slashing at her repeatedly.

The Erchinlord attacks Tsubasa with a Claw Flurry!

The Erchinlord attacks Tsubasa 3 times for ((11-2)+(7-2)+(8-2)) 20 damage, but gets Tired, dealing 33% less damage for the next 3 turns. Tsubasa also gains 3 Diseased.

Tsubasa gains 3 Reaction.

Tsubasa activates “Action and Reaction!” She gains an extra action next turn!

Friedhold manages to shock the Erchinlord, leaving it stunned and vulnerable for the moment.

Friedhold attacks the Erchinlord with Electro Bolt IV, dealing (5+4+3+18) 30 damage and stunning it for the next turn!

Shel is Berserk! Her attacks now deal 3 more damage!

The diseases the Erchinlord was harboring take their toll on Tsubasa. Tsubasa loses 6 Max HP.

Spoiler: Status and Turn Order: (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21