Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl  (Read 16476 times)

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2021, 02:43:44 am »

Hibiki
[] Sal: She's mostly caught her breath too, having sliced and crushed her fair share of larvae.
[] Grout Bog Wildlife: Sal gave you a bunch of names, but didn't actually explain what any of those names meant. At least being able to name what's trying to maim you would be nice.

Fable was disappointed at how quickly the fight had ended to say the least, mostly because it made her transformation sequence more than a little anticlimatic in hindsight. But she tried her best to brush it off, and duck behind the nearest box to simply return to being 'plain old' Hibiki, before she joined up with the others huddling near the entrance, and approached Sal out of curiosity. "Sal, I know you named some of the dangerous wildlife living in this bog before, but you never actually said what any of them were. What in the world is a 'Flead, Erchin, or Grawkit' supposed to be?"
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2021, 08:25:19 pm »

[]Ask Llullably about. . .
[]Llullably's Problem

Tsubasa wiped her blade of the worst of the grime, then returned it to her sheath with a smooth motion. One of the odd froglike, hammerheaded people had said something about someone being at risk. "You said someone was in trouble?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2021, 10:59:57 pm »

Rory
[X] Ask Treena about...
[X] Treena's problem

Rory had managed to avoid most of the self caused splashes of bug juice with his shield, but that still left him with a sub-optimal amount on him. That amount being any at all. This annoyance is what caused his tongue to absent mindedly flick from his mouth and across his lips, gathering a nice tongueful that had splashed onto him. Needless to say, unlike the drink from his childhood, it was not a lovely blue raspberry flavor, which left him wiping his mouth out and spitting for a full minute before he finally recovered. He spent another minute willing death upon all grubs, before finally going to talk to the apparent human. "You said that you wanted in because of problems like that? Don't suppose it's related to the slaves getting killed that we're supposed to be here for."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2021, 05:30:18 am »

Friedhold & Nessa
[] Healing

Friedhold spends a good few moments surveying the battlefield after its over.  These grub creatures weren't nearly tough enough to bother trying to harvest, and the Little Sister's lack of interest doubled up on that fact.  So instead he spent a few minutes creating orbs of green light and directing them to various party members.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2021, 10:57:01 am »

Llullably smiles slightly as Utzi offers to help. She nodded to Tsubasa as well when the swordswoman approached. "Yes. You see, while Grout Bog is not our domain, some of us are still permitted to enter, providing faith to those in need. However..." Llullably grimaces. "A Luminari by the name of Mallowi was sent there about a week ago, and he hasn't made any of his scheduled reports. That combined with what we have heard, it's... worrying, to put it lightly. I'm here to look into the matter, and, if Mallowi's still alive, bring him out of Grout Bog. Whether the silence is due to accident, incompetence, or interference... it reflects poorly on Mallowi, and, by extension, the Cult." The priest shakes her head. "While I can't offer a reward... I'd be grateful if you gave me any news of what happened to him." Llullably tells Utzi and Tsubasa of a small abode among the worker's shanties that Llullably will be staying at.

Hrikit squirms a little as Ehto asks her questions. "I... I'm not at liberty to give that information. Just... Head to the Regional Headquarters. They'll fill you in..." The guard's fur bristles as she seems to recall something, looking down at the crushed remains of a larva. "Just... do not let them latch onto you or drag you away."

Sal cracked a nervous smile, realizing her mistake. "Right. Sorry about that. Guess I didn't realize help would be from that far away.

"Fleads are these giant, winged beetles. They've got tough carapaces that can be hard to break through, and they have a nasty sting. That swarm just now was... some kind of larvae, like the kind that's only around when a Flead Queen's in the area. Seems like that's our target.

"Erchins... They're these little balls of fur with legs. Horns, too. And the smell..." Sal shudders. "You'll smell 'em before you see 'em, that's for sure. Oh, and make sure you clean any injury you get from them. You don't want to fall ill with whatever they're carrying.

"As for Grawkits? They're these massive, hulking beasts. They've got a carapace that's like a Flead's, but much tougher. Thankfully they're usually alone... usually...

"Sorry if those explanations aren't the best, but..." She shrugs. "Hopefully that gives you a better idea of some of the creatures in Grout Bog."

Treena frowned a bit and took a step back, as if that would somehow make what Rory had said less audible. "Well, yes, but-"

Hrikit glares at Rory, a hand on her holster. "Hey. For your sake, and because you helped us with that attack, I'm going to pretend that you didn't talk like a Rise sympathizer. And just as an advance warning?" She taps the blaster resting within. "We've got authorization to eliminate anything we see as a threat to Grout Bog. Focus on doing your job, not feeling sorry for folks who signed their contracts willingly."

Treena gives Hrikit an icy glare of her own. "Are you going to interrupt everything I say?"

"Only for matters of security. People attempting to sow discontent qualifies. Speaking of which, you wouldn't happen to have something to confess about your own associates, would you?"

The chemist raises her fists in response, patience clearly lost. "Why, as a matter of fact, I do. Come a little closer and I'll tell you."

Hrikit dislikes Rory - Accused the Barons of slavery. She still likes the rest of the party, but if Rory is doing something, she might not help, or may even interfere.

Friedhold's healing pays off! The party will now start the next boss fight with full HP!

Choose your action:
[] Ask further questions: Always good to know more before one begins, right?
[] Try to calm things down between Treena and Hrikit: It would probably be pretty bad if another fight were to break out here.
[] Explain to Hrikit that Rory didn't mean what he said: Even if you did want to work with the Rise, it's probably for the best that you didn't openly anger the Barons.
[] Help beat up Hrikit: She clearly needs to be knocked down a peg.
   + You'll outnumber her if even one person helps.
   + Helping settle the score would probably make Treena happier, and she might be willing to tell you more.

= No-one has drawn weapons. Unless you escalate, you won't have to worry about serious injury or death.
   - Beating up a Spark Baron is probably not going to do your reputation with them any good. Or Hrikit herself, for that matter.
[] Help beat up Treena: She's escalating when she really shouldn't.
   + You'll outnumber her if even one person helps.
   + Helping settle the score would probably make Hrikit happier, and she might be willing to tell you more.

= No-one has drawn weapons. Unless you escalate, you won't have to worry about serious injury or death.
   - Treena won't appreciate you taking Hrikit's side, even if you did help her before.
[] Wait and see how things play out: You don't see much reason to get involved in a dust-up. You can speak with them after they've resolved their differences.
[] Enter Grout Bog proper: For whatever reason, you're not going to stick around for the rest of this scene to play out. You've got work to do. Note: It's possible to split the party - and some opportunities won't be available unless you do so.
   [] Head to the Last Stand: Sal said it was the place to go for drinks and eats. It might be a good idea to head there and get in touch with the locals.
   [] Head to the Regional Headquarters: Hrikit said this was the place to go to help deal with the problem Grout Bog was facing.
   [] Just wander the area: Who knows what you might stumble across out on the road?

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 06:43:46 pm by AzyWng »

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2021, 11:40:05 am »

Utzi seems slightly uncomfortable as he talks to Llullably, his eyes wide and his voice slightly unsure. "Of course. Helping a holy woman is it's own reward. I'll make sure to look for her in there."

Utzi turns to walk into Grout Bog proper, but before he can do so, he notices the sounds of the impending fight. Seeing that the combatants are no one vital to the hunt, he shrugs, and heads into grout bog to Wander the Area.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 11:44:18 am by nuclearwhale »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2021, 11:52:42 am »

Ehto

[] Try to calm things down between Treena and Hrikit...
[] By explaining to Hrikit that Rory didn't mean what he said.

Ehto sighed as the accusations of slavery started to fly. She'd been getting a similar hunch there might be a bit of that going on here, in spirit even if not in actuality, but she'd chosen her words carefully for a reason. The light of her violet eyes glowered at Rory from beneath her hood, before she returned her attention to the altercation at hand.

"Whoa, hey now," she interjected, sticking herself in-between the women, hands raised in placation. "Getting into another fight just after we dealt with those things might not be such a good idea for anyone. Who knows what type of thing might come crawling out of the swamp next if there's much more commotion?"

With that said she addressed Hrikit directly. "And sorry about our friend here. He can get a little carried away with his expressions sometimes. I've seen actual slavery where I'm from, and I can tell nothing so vile is going on here. If you'll excuse us, why don't we head inside, and take these two with us?"

« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 12:17:07 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2021, 01:23:42 pm »

Rory

[X] Try to start shit

The faunus was clearly about to join in verbally, if not physically. Especially as he ignored the dog girl until she actually spoke. There was a long moment where he just glared at Hrikit before finally he backed off with a displeased "Tch".

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2021, 01:53:01 pm »

Friedhold & Nessa
Enter the Grout Bog, follow Utzi.

Friedhold shakes his head at Rory's antics.
"You waste time picking at morals."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2021, 05:26:21 am »

Hibiki

[X] Try to convince Sal to buy her a round in the Last Stand.

After she hears Sal's more in depth explanation on the Bog's dangers, and what their task was shaping up to be, Hibiki replies with a short, "Yes that does help a lot actually, thank you." Before she turns to face in Rory's direction for a moment, and simply shrugs before she goes on to ignore what was rapidly becoming someone else's problem, and instead, she focuses on Sal once more. "Just how quickly do our employers need this dealt with anyway? After a long walk like that, I could use a drink or two myself... if you're buying that is.."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2021, 08:54:35 am »

Tsubasa

[X] Enter the Grout Bog

Tsubasa looked between the two for a long moment, weighing the situation in silence. Then, the slayer turned away, walking after the strange, squat man and the equally strange labcoated one. It's not my place to interfere. She was a stranger in a strange land; she'd expect a visitor to her country to keep their nose out of things, so it was only correct for her to extend the same courtesy here. Besides, there were more important things to do than embroil herself in physical squabbles.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2021, 07:32:03 pm »

Group 1: Ehto, Rory, Hibiki

The priest's eyestalk raises slightly in confusion. "Mallowi is a Shroke male. Look for someone wearing armor of a similar color to my robes, and a mask. If he's not wearing those... Well, devotees of Hesh are rather rare in these parts. He should stand out easily enough." As Utzi and the others leave, Llullably says, "Blessings of Hesh upon your search," before heading in another direction to find the missing Luminari.

There's a few moments where Hrikit's own glare intensifies. Then she relaxes her posture and gives the group a mocking laugh. "Oh, I'd love to see you try that in front of the Lieutenant! Now are you going to make yourselves useful, or do I have to kick the lot of you out?"

Treena relaxes when the Baron does, though she's much less mirthful, walking up and jabbing her finger at Rory's chest. "Are you trying to get us all arrested?" She takes a moment to calm herself before continuing. "Look, I don't like what's being done in Grout Bog any more than you, but I'm just here to do a job or two for the Barons, and, more importantly, meet up with some associates of mine. There's trouble in the Deep Bog, and I need to find the source. Trying to start trouble of our own isn't helping that. At all."

"I know we're headed to the same place, but..." She frowns at Rory. "I think my chances are better off on my own." With nothing more to say, she heads through the gates, deeper into Grout Bog.

Treena is now indifferent to Rory - Behaved rather belligerently. She may still help other members of the party, however.

Sal tensed up as the standoff with the Baron happened, and relaxed as Hrikit backed off. "You know what? Maybe we could all do with a drink. Might also be good to hear what's up before we make our choice..." She sighs when Hibiki suggests that Sal pay. "Should've seen that coming. Okay, but just for the one round, all right? Would rather not drink away my coin before we actually get a job done, right?"

[] Beat up Hrikit: She still has it coming.
   = You won't use weapons for this, so you won't have to worry about serious injury or death.
   - Beating up a Spark Baron is probably not going to do your reputation with them any good. Or Hrikit herself, for that matter.
[] Head into Grout Bog proper: With the guard demanding you enter now, you don't really have much choice.
   [] Head to the Last Stand: Drinks and gossip sound like they could both be useful.
   [] Head to the Regional Headquarters: Hrikit said this was the place to go to help deal with the problem Grout Bog was facing.
   [] Just wander the area: The other group's already doing something similar. May as well do the same, right?

Group 2: Utzi, Friedhold and Nessa, Tsubasa

The group of four haven't been on the road too long until they hear the sounds of a heated argument. A young lady wearing some kind of apron and a... purple-skinned, horned man in some kind of uniform are shouting at one another. Behind the horned man, a number of people dressed in the same uniform stand back, not wanting to get involved. The corpse of a large beast stands before the two, covered in scratches and wounds from blades.

"You want what?"

"Shills! I provided a service, didn't I?"

"Grout Bog is in crisis, you endanger the entire group, and now you're demanding money? You're hardly better than a Baron yourself!"

One of the uniformed people in the crowd spots the group, raising an eyebrow at their odd attire. "Grifters? Could you help..." He points at Shel, then makes a shooing motion.

Shel spots this and makes her own appeal. "Hey, you're grifters like me, right? Come on, back me up here!" The more perceptive party members might notice that the young lady's weapon - a dagger - flops about on her belt like it isn't secured properly...

[] Ask the young lady:
   [] Who she is: She's dressed differently from the other people you've seen in this place so far, so it's probably a fair question.
   [] What she's doing in Grout Bog: If Grout Bog is such a dangerous place, what brings her here?
   [] What happened: You see a dead beast and a bunch of angry people. Any number of things could have happened that resulted in that situation.
[] Ask the uniformed man:
   [] Who he is: You haven't seen anyone wearing the same uniform as he is until just now.
   [] What he is: Probably a rude question, but you also haven't seen anyone with purple skin and horns on their head, at least until now.
   [] What he's doing in Grout Bog: Why does he stay here, with such dangerous beasts as the one they just killed?
   [] What happened: He seems to believe the young lady is at fault for the beast's presence. Why is that?
[] Convince the uniformed man to lay off the young woman: You doubt she is affiliated with the Barons in any way, shape or form.
   + If you do manage to get him to leave her alone, the woman will likely be grateful.
   - You haven't even asked either of them what happened yet.
   - He probably won't be very receptive to being told he's in the wrong.
[] Convince the uniformed man to pay the young woman for her work: If he has the shills, he can make the problem go away easily.
   + If you manage to get him to pay her, the woman will likely be grateful.
   - You haven't even asked either of them what happened yet.
   - He probably won't be very receptive to being told he should give this woman any amount of money.

[] Threaten the uniformed man into laying off the young woman: Harassing a young woman because she helped them isn't very smart. You could offer to demonstrate why...
   + If you do manage to get him to leave her alone, the woman will likely be grateful.
   - He'll probably take exception to any threats of violence.
   - The uniformed man's hands drift towards his weapon - a crude-looking axe. Ready to lash out. Alone, he's not much of a threat, but if the other people with him join in...

[] Threaten the uniformed man into paying the young woman: He can save himself a lot of pain and suffering if he just hands over the cash.
   + If you manage to get him to pay her, the woman will likely be grateful.
   - He'll probably be furious that you're helping her take his money.
   - The uniformed man's hands drift towards his weapon - a crude-looking axe. Ready to lash out. Alone, he's not much of a threat, but if the other people with him join in...

[] Convince the young woman to back down: Her 'customers' are clearly dissatisfied with her 'service'.
   + If you manage to get her to back down, the uniformed man will likely be grateful.
   - She probably won't be very receptive to being told she's in the wrong.
[] Threaten the young woman into backing down: She should be grateful they haven't started laying into her already.
   + If you manage to get her to back down, the uniformed man will likely be grateful.
   + Between the party and the uniformed man, you outnumber the young woman by a great amount.

- She'll probably be furious that you're threatening her away from her business.
[] Beat up the young woman: Best to just be rid of her.
   + If you manage to fend her off, the uniformed man will likely be grateful.
   + Her stance isn't that of a trained warrior - or any kind of warrior at all.
   + Between the party and the uniformed man, you outnumber the young woman by a great amount.

- Fights can get messy and chaotic. While your lives aren't at risk, the others aren't so lucky...
[] Attack the uniformed man and his colleagues: Perhaps its best if you simply... made them go away?
   + If you manage to fend them off, the young woman will likely be grateful.
   - The uniformed man and several of his colleagues sport battle scars. They seem to be experienced fighters.
   - Fights can get messy and chaotic. While your lives aren't at risk, the others aren't so lucky...

[] Something else: A different question to ask, or a different way to resolve the situation?

Spoiler: Character images (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 08:40:34 am by AzyWng »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2021, 07:56:34 pm »

Ehto

[] Head to the Regional Headquarters

Ehto sighed as things diffused, not helped the least bit by Rory continuing to silently antagonize the guard. She wanted to nod in agreement as the chemist told him off and walked away but she knew damn well Treena was equally responsible for that mess just now. Rory might've triggered the guard, but it'd been the chemist's own belligerence that had almost led to another brawl. But of course, she ran off before Ehto could actually interject with that hypocrisy.  Figures.

She simply shook her head and started heading through the gates herself, tossing a glance back at Rory just before she did. It was obvious from the way she bared those razor-like fangs how deeply her annoyance ran, even if none of it carried through to her voice. Only part of it was directed at him, however.

"I'm going to the headquarters to find out what's going on here," she said, "you can either join me or go find the others. If ya keep blindly stirring things up though, you're on your own."

She didn't wait to hear his response, whatever it might be. She really didn't care right now.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 08:09:59 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2021, 10:04:40 pm »

Rory

[] Head to the Regional Headquarters

Though the faunus would rather be anywhere that wasn't around people, he got the feeling that that wouldn't be the best idea. So he went with the next best thing and followed the dog woman.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2021, 01:21:49 am »

Utzi

Utzi stares at the strange beast lying dead on the ground for a few moments, taking in it's numerous wounds, cuts made by some weapon durable enough to survive being used in such a way. It didn't look like a terribly dangerous beast, it wasn't as if this woman had led a mammoth or rhino into the camp, but if he was understanding things correctly, this hunter made a potentially grave error. Looking up at the group with a gravely serious expression, Utzi begins to speak, his eyes focusing on the woman in a cold stare as he does so, noting what could be a poorly-treated weapon as he does so.

"Did you bring this beast into this village while it was still alive? It is not large enough to pose a threat to any truly prepared hunter, but such hunts should be kept far from non-hunters, as a beast like this could easily kill an unprepared member of the tribe in it's dying rage."

What happened: You see a dead beast and a bunch of angry people. Any number of things could have happened that resulted in that situation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21