Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl  (Read 16475 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl
« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2022, 04:29:55 pm »

Tsubasa

"Actually, I'm here on behalf of the local citizenry to remove a dangerous roadblock from this area." Tsubasa speaks calmly, almost casually. "The woods are dangerous and delays in evacuation could be life-threatening."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2022, 04:39:25 pm »

Ehto

The hound could only blink a few times and take a few deep breaths before she finally said "I'll speak to Arint about it then."
Her hands are more like massive claws as she shuts the cell door behind her. Before she walks away though, she reaches up and tosses a loose fang through the bars, landing right at their feet. Two more soon accompany it. They're as large as daggers and the roots made for the perfect handles; overall they were far too big to possibly fit in the sorceress' mouth. Yet they'd undeniably come from there.

"Hide those. If they come to beat you again, use them. I'll taste it when one of my fangs draws blood."

She leaves to find the general manager before any of them can ask any questions.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2022, 04:54:35 pm »

Tsubasa

Pelnor shrugs. "With us on the road, we can assure you there won't be any such blockages appearing anytime soon. Besides, this place doesn't look that bad. You think this is dangerous? You haven't seen how Pearl-On-Foam has become with all the refugees. We Admiralty spend more time keeping those unwashed losers from killing one another than we do stopping the real criminals. You should be paying us for this service. But since you're not going to, why don't you follow my previous advice and buzz off?"

As he finishes his sentence, the other two guards - one wielding a sword, the other some kind of tonfa - turn to Tsubasa. The workers begin to back away from the checkpoint...

Ehto

The three Boggers glance at one another, then nod and pick up the weapons, trying their best to hide them.

It doesn't take long to find Arint in one of the camp's tents - a Jarackle wearing an Admiralty uniform is busy tuning up the cannon in her chest. Even as Arint is holding still so the modifications can be done, she's reading over files another Baron is holding out to her. At a glance they look like plans for an operation into the heart of the bog - the place where the Boggers said there was an evil that needed to be destroyed.

Arint doesn't look up from her files as Ehto approaches. "Grifter. How's the investigation going?"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 04:56:15 pm by AzyWng »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 14, 2022, 05:19:12 pm »

Ehto

"Could be better, but we can manage with the information we currently have." Ehto says. "I do have a matter I'd like to discuss though. Those three bogger prisoners I brought in could be key to narrowing down and destroying the true threat to this world. I turned them over to Baron custody expecting them to be held humanely until whatever due process you follow could be carried out, and so they could provide assistance in the real reason we're here. Are you aware that several of your men came into their cell last night and beat and tortured them?"

The question is about as loaded as the cannon in Arint's chestpiece. But Ehto doesn't let any of the anger bubbling beneath the surface show. Not yet. Not until she's sure.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2022, 05:28:13 pm »

Ehto

"The real reason?" Arint staggers to her feet, sending the mechanic and her subordinate staggering away. "Hold on, they did what? I... Hesh dammit!" Arint seems to deflate, and slides back into her chair. The look on her face shows a weariness that was only barely concealed. "I... What shape are the prisoners in? Did these Barons kill any of them? Do they have any idea who did this?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2022, 05:16:07 am »

Tsubasa

The slayer calmly rested one hand on her sword. "A beast could attack at any time and kill dozens. If you continue endangering innocents, there's only one action I can take. I ask you to leave before unnecessary blood is spilled."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2022, 11:48:38 am »

Ehto

Her rage subsides just a little now that she knows even Arint was unaware. "They're been bloodied pretty good, but all three are still alive. Black eyes, maybe broken noses, lots of general bruising. One of them had their hand smashed, probably by a hammer or something if I had to guess. They have no idea who specifically was involved, but it was definitely a group. I've placed an enchantment on them that will let me know the next time someone spills their blood. If the rogues try it again, I'll taste it, no matter where in this bog I am. I can be in that cell just as quickly."

She'd been working on longer range shadowstrutting since she got here. Mostly to try and figure out if she could reverse whatever process had lead her astray from home. While she'd fallen a bit short of crossing between entire realms, she'd still extended the spell's capabilities considerably. Strutting into a dark cell in the dead of night would be literal child's play for her at this point. Especially if she reverted first.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 11:50:42 am by Sutoratosu Akira »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2022, 06:11:29 pm »

Rory and Friedhold and Nessa

The trip to the warehouses passes without incident, and they arrive at the warehouses to find... no-one outside. Not even a Baron guard or lookout.
Rory

The lack of guards raised immediate red flags for the faunus. He'd raided enough warehouses to know there should at least be workers milling about. So with a finger raised to request silence from his companions, Rory made his way around the perimeter, looking for obvious entry points for those with ill intent.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2022, 09:13:01 pm »

Tsubasa

The three grin and charge.

It's not long before the Admiralty are scrambling over one another to get away from Tsubasa. The people waiting to leave do so before something else can show up to delay them.

Ehto

"I... All right. Bad enough that we've got so few staff left, but to have them disobeying orders at a time like this..." Arint rubs a hand against her chipped horn in frustration. "Was that all you wanted to discuss with me?"

There looked to be a pair of doors in the front - one big enough for people, the other large enough that a pack animal (perhaps one of those giant snails milling about the base camp) could pass through easily. There's another person-sized door in the back, and a few windows on the sides of the building.

While there aren't any signs of forced entry, Rory catches a glimpse of someone as he's circling the perimeter. They didn't seem to spot him, however.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2022, 08:32:32 am »

Tsubasa

The brilliant blue blade disappeared from view with a faint click, and Tsubasa opened her eyes. With the area cleared of people, she checks it for any misbegotten valuables before returning to the Barons to report her success.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2022, 12:55:50 pm »

Ehto
She considered for a moment, before shaking her head. She pulled out the dead parasite in the jar and showed it to Arint. "Not quite. This is the reason I went to visit the boggers in their cell to begin with. I pulled it from the corpse of the Flead Queen. None of them knew much about it, but I'm almost certain that the Flead rampage was unnaturally provoked by the High Priest. There's no telling how many other infected creatures we may have to face on our way to the heart of the bog."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2022, 02:51:59 pm »

Rory
Without much else to go on, Rory pursues the stranger. He moves surprisingly gracefully for someone carrying many pounds of metal on his back, his tongue flicking out to catch the scent of his quarry calling to mind a snake searching for a rodent.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2022, 12:09:08 pm »

Friedhold remains quiet and mills about at Rory's request, keeping an eye out for anyone at the from of the building.  Eventually though he decides to approach one of the doors and see if he can get a glimpse of the inside of the building through a keyhole or a crack.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 21, 2022, 07:19:55 pm »

Tsubasa

There's not really a whole lot here. Some documents that seem to mostly exist to give the "checkpoint" some façade of legitimacy, a bag of shills that weren't taken when the people turned to flee, and... a few weathered tools. A pickaxe in particular stands out.

Weathered Pickaxe
Weight 8.
Level 1 - Deals 3d6+STR Physical Piercing damage to a single target. Half this damage ignores DR.
"It's done a lot of digging... And it's ready to do some more."

Ehto
"I see. If this High Priest is... controlling these creatures somehow... Then that makes their attacks even more concerning. We're basically having to fight three forces at once. Not to mention that I'll need to be careful how large the Bog Expedition is. In terrain like that, getting slowed down means being surrounded. Thank you for telling me this, it's..." Arint takes a breath. "I wish you'd arrived sooner, grifter. Fellemo didn't take the threat of the Bog seriously, and now..." Arint looks relieved, disappointed, frustrated, and worried all at once.

There's a small crack in the door that Friedhold peeks through. Through the opening, he can see a bunch of people in red-dyed clothing and furs, lifting boxes onto the back of a giant snail. They speak to each other in hushed whispers, but don't seem to have noticed Friedhold.

Meanwhile, Rory approaches the figure - a tough-looking human with a scar across her face, dressed in some red-dyed clothing and furs. She seems to be acting as a lookout, though she's also not especially alert. The smell of Spark - oily and acrid - drifts along from the warehouse...

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2022, 07:49:37 am »

Tsubasa collects the stuff, including the fake documents and tools, and brings them back to report her success. She hands over the bag of cash as well.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21