Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl  (Read 16489 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2021, 06:28:22 am »

Tsubasa

"You could say I'm used to hunting terrifying beasts." Whatever this "Erchinlord" was, it probably wasn't scarier than the strongest demons she'd faced. Granted, those hadn't been done solo, but she had more than enough scars to show she'd done her part. "Friedhold?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2021, 11:32:01 am »

Group 5: Rory

"What? No! Well, not anymore... Look, I've managed to perfect my recipes since last time - but no-one trusts me enough to even look at my cooking for too long." Rug shakes his head. "And I'm sure if even a few of them were willing to try what I had to offer, Orug wouldn't have anything to complain about... Unless he just wants to vent..."

The worker in question seems to have broken free, and only Gnak jabbing at him with a chair is able to keep him at bay, for the moment.

"Not that they'd listen to me with both of them like that... You should at least try to stop them - before one of them gets a broken nose or worse."

[] Keep talking to Rug
[] Talk to Orug
[] Talk to Gnak
[] Beat up the entire crowd
   [] This will trigger a special fight that will be handled through the Trespassers Discord channel.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2021, 11:35:38 am »

Hibiki
After perhaps making a bit of a show of listening intently to everything Sal and Imiko said about the Erchinlord and the dangers it brought. Hibiki gently nodded, and seemed thoughtful for a moment, before finally replying with, "[color=]You know when you put it that way. I think I'd personally rather take my chances with the serial killers than run around punching walking sentient balls of disease until they pop. Can't really do much to help out around here if we're bedridden for the next couple of weeks anyway.[/color]"
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2021, 11:44:43 am »

Rory

The faunus nods with a sigh, before going off and pushing through the crowd, his annoyance as clear as the fact he's keeping his aura up should one of the workers try to punch him. Not that he'd mind much at the moment, getting the two rowdiest workers to settle down was priority one at the moment so he could actually get shit done. Which is why he was quick to get between the two when he'd arrive, putting his back towards Gnak for the moment. "I hope you two have a really good explanation for what's going on because you're all five seconds from the ass whooping of your life."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2021, 11:45:51 am »

Ehto

[] Enter the camp stealthily

"Uh-huh. Well everyone starts somewhere, I'm sure you'll do fine!" Ehto said as she patted him on the shoulder. She turned on her heels and began walking towards the bogger camp, waving farewell as she did so. "Wish me luck! Oh, and if you guys hear screaming, howls, or see a massive black dog, just know I've got it handled."

And with that said, she vanished into her own shadow.

Within the camp, she stuck to the same shade she had emerged from. A simple cantrip, not even worthy of its own independent sigil, made sure that she blended into the darkness with supernatural ease that hid her even from the likes of infrared detection. For now she simply waited, and observed the boggers.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2021, 11:58:11 am »

"That bastard's been stealing extra helpings for himself! He's been doing it ever since this crisis started, and that poisoner -" Orug points a finger at Rug, who flinches back "- Just looks away like it's nothing!"

"Who the Hesh made you part of the goon squad? I always knew you never liked me, Orug, but this is low, even for you."

"So you're admitting to the theft? Finally!"

Whatever retort Gnak has is lost in the noise of the crowd as he charges at Orug, the two caught in a clinch for a few moments before Orug pushes the Jarackle away.

Spoiler: Character Images (click to show/hide)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2021, 12:44:00 pm »

Rory

The faunus growls in annoyance as he steps back in, this time grabbing Orug by one of the straps on his outfit and jerking him further away from Gnak. "You know, I came here a bit sympathetic for you guys but you're really starting to piss me off in particular!" He punctuates the statement by shoving the Jarackle back before continuing. "If you're so hungry you're gonna kill someone over it, why don't you shank one of your buddies in the night? Bet you they got some prime meat on those bones! Otherwise get the fuck back and maybe we can work this out like dust damned civilized people!"

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2021, 01:41:41 pm »

Friedhold & Nessa

Friedhold thinks for a moment at Tsubasa's question.
"I see no reason to fear a beast.  But what is this you say about a 'Walking ball of disease' ehh I-never-got-your-name?"
He turned to Hibiki with his question.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2021, 05:13:34 pm »

Group 1: Ehto

Prevus raises an eyestalk skeptically. "Y-yeah, sure..." But Ehto's gone before he can ask any of the questions he clearly wants to ask.

The camp doesn't look like much - just a tent, a small campfire, and three Boggers. One is wearing a set of dirt-brown armor - clean and well-maintained for how crude it appears, while his colleagues are dressed in similarly-colored robes.

"A-are you sure about this, Krikith?" The armored man asks.

"Nothing can be certain in times like these. But it is the only option we have." One of the robed Boggers - this one wearing a wide-brimmed hat - replies.

"To join hands with those defilers? To owe them a debt of gratitude they'll use to-" The third figure - a Jarackle woman - says.

"Pock, enough. Even the High Priest may have fallen to this corruption. If we must work with one defiler to stop another, we will do so. Otherwise..." Krikith shakes his head. "I fear none of this will matter."

After a moment of silence, Krikith speaks again. "Bludd. It's time." The armored man nods, and begins to head in the direction Prevus and Rasma are. Bludd opens his mouth again, but this time, the voice is strong. Commanding.

"Barons! We know of your presence. Reveal yourselves!"

[] Step out and confront the Boggers
[] Wait and see what happens

Group 2 and 3: Hibiki, Sal, Utzi, Friedhold and Nessa, Tsubasa

Imiko nods. "Well, if the two of you-" He points to Hibiki and Sal "-want to chase down the murderer, that's fine by me. But I've only got two people available for both missions, so you're going to have to decide whether you want one or both of them to help you.

Now, as for what makes the Erchinlord so dangerous..." Imiko shows Utzi and Friedhold a photo - an image of a snarling ball of fur, chitin, slime, and teeth - taller than even one of the Barons in the image running away from it. "As I was telling Sal and Hibiki - the danger isn't just from its size, it's from the diseases it carries. Even a small nick or glob of spit can leave someone near death if it isn't cleaned in time. Unless you've got a medic on your side who can take care of that, you're either going to have to keep moving as you fight it or bring it down hard and fast. I doubt taking its fur and meat is even worth thinking about - at least unless you want to smell like erchinlord for the rest of the day - but I suppose the talons might make decent weapons. Just take care not to hurt yourself with them."

[] Set off to deal with the murderer
   [] Take one or two of the baron guards with you
[] Set off to deal with the Erchinlord
[] Take one of the other jobs
[] Keep talking to Imiko
[] Leave for now and head to:
   [] The Last Stand
   [] Wander the area

Gnak's ears flatten, and for a moment it looks like he might take the opportunity to throw the first punch - but then he and Orug see the look in Rory's eyes. The sound of shuffling feet fills the room as the crowd moves away from the trio, Gnak taking a few more steps back from Rory, leaving the Faunus and Human free to talk things over.

"O-okay, grifter. I-I'm... calm..." Orug stammers.

[] Talk to Orug
[] Go talk to Gnak
[] Beat someone up

Spoiler: Character Images (click to show/hide)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2021, 05:41:33 pm »

Ehto

She briefly weighed her options as she sat in the shadows. On the one hand, this could get messy if those two were captured. On the other, there was still quite a bit more to learn here before she was comfortable just taking them in... or down, whichever proved more necessary. In the end she decided to bide her time for now, observe just a little longer. Those two had been a fair distance from the camp, and if they'd somehow known they were there the whole time...

Her mind was made up. Black sigils formed in the shadows of all three boggers, virtually impossible to detect for laymen in her world, let alone those from one where magic seemed to not even exist. She held the three instances of Shadowlash ever at the ready, observing both the bogger's movements and whatever was about to happen next...

[] Wait and see what happens...
Ehto sets a trap for the Boggers in their own shadows! If things start looking dicey, she'll spring shadow tentacles to restrain all three of them.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2021, 06:50:02 pm »

Friedhold & Nessa

Friedhold nods along with Imiko's explanation of the Erchinlord, even leaning in to get a better look at the image.
"I believe this can be done by the four of us, and any of your men you choose to send should Habiki and Sal not need them."
Nessa reaches up and tugs on Friedhold's lab coat, pointing at the image.
"I don't know...that looks spooky."
"Yes dear, but I am sure it will have an angel for you to...sing to."
Despite Friedhold taking the tone of a parent who just wants off the topic Nessa seems overjoyed by the words.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2021, 07:11:34 pm »

Rory

The faunus gives each of the laborers a moment to stew before finally turning to face Orug. "Now then, I want to hear your story, what happened for things to get like this? I know the Chef says Gnack didn't look like he's getting full meals, and I know there's been some problems with food getting here, but I imagine you don't agree with the former."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2021, 08:37:19 pm »

Group 1: Ehto

Ehto hears Prevus yelp in surprise at Bludd's voice. After some hushed whispering with Rasma, both Barons step out in front of the Boggers, shock batons in hand. Rasma's eyes widen as she sees Bludd.

"You!" She brandishes her baton in one hand, drawing her thumb across her throat with the other. "You're gonna pay for what you did."

Pock steps forward, wielding an odd-looking sword. "You will do no such thing."

Krikith interposes himself between the Barons and Boggers, hands empty and raised above his head. "Stay your hand, both of you. We... we're here to talk." The Bogger woman nods, and sheathes her weapon.

"And that's why you brought the murderer here, is it?" Weapon still in hand, Rasma begins to approach Bludd - who, in turn, is simply standing there, watching Rasma with an unreadable expression. A few steps in, and Prevus, who'd previously been watching nervously, moves to stop her.

"W-wait! Rasma! They're unarmed!" But the senior guard just shoves him aside.

"Stay out of this, rookie. He killed Kheven."

"Please." Bludd's voice is now the nervous quaver of before. "Let us tell you what we have to... and then... you may do with us what you will."

"The gospel of some mud-crazed psychopath is the last thing I want to hear. You can close your eyes if you want." And Rasma approaches ever-closer to Bludd, ignoring Krikith's pleas to hear what they have to say first.

[] Intervene
[] Wait and see what happens

Orug looks at Gnak, seeming to only notice the extent of his condition now. "I-I... I just..." The laborer sighs. "I think you'd better ask him. I just saw him grab another, and... I work so hard each day, I just got so mad..."

Gnak looks around nervously, then speaks up. "There's a second person at my place. I... I didn't let anyone else know because I thought that she'd get kicked out... And she doesn't have anywhere else to go. A-are you going to tell the Barons?"

[] Talk to Gnak
[] Talk to Orug
[] Talk to Rug

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2021, 09:12:30 pm »

Rory

The faunus nods at each explanation. He'd gotten a feeling that the extra food wasn't just going to a single person's grumbling belly, but the confirmation at least meant he didn't have to worry too much. "I'm not gonna tell the Barons anything they didn't ask about. That said... how terrible is Rug's cooking that you guys won't even risk it? I mean, I've had to pick around mold for my meals at times if I couldn't catch a rat so I'm a bit biased but...." He addresses his question in general, looking towards the gathered laborers for any answer as well as the two he'd confronted.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2021, 10:04:32 pm »

Group 2 and 3: Hibiki, Sal, Utzi, Friedhold and Nessa, Tsubasa

Imiko nods. "Well, if the two of you-" He points to Hibiki and Sal "-want to chase down the murderer, that's fine by me. But I've only got two people available for both missions, so you're going to have to decide whether you want one or both of them to help you.

Now, as for what makes the Erchinlord so dangerous..." Imiko shows Utzi and Friedhold a photo - an image of a snarling ball of fur, chitin, slime, and teeth - taller than even one of the Barons in the image running away from it. "As I was telling Sal and Hibiki - the danger isn't just from its size, it's from the diseases it carries. Even a small nick or glob of spit can leave someone near death if it isn't cleaned in time. Unless you've got a medic on your side who can take care of that, you're either going to have to keep moving as you fight it or bring it down hard and fast. I doubt taking its fur and meat is even worth thinking about - at least unless you want to smell like erchinlord for the rest of the day - but I suppose the talons might make decent weapons. Just take care not to hurt yourself with them."

[] Set off to deal with the murderer
[] Set off to deal with the Erchinlord
[] Take one of the other jobs
[] Keep talking to Imiko
[] Leave for now and head to:
   [] The Last Stand
   [] Wander the area
Hibiki
Opening her mouth to try and repeat Imiko and Sal's explanation, Hibiki is abruptly cut off by Imiko doing so herself, and simply shrugs it off. "Yeah, that's pretty much why. I think the four of them should be enough to take one down, but I wouldn't want to force any of your guards to help us hunt down the baron murderers either if they're not up to it. And we could try to sneak in if it's just the two of us, you need them alive or dead right?"
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21